• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

July 8th - Food you can't stand?

Avocados! Deathly allergic!
That is a terribly sad thought to someone who loves them, but life is certainly best enjoyed alive, no matter what foods cannot be eaten!

All ramen but I like Angel hair and other pastas like it. When I was a kid my brother used ramen to "torture" me when mom wasn't paying attention I have never liked it.

Oh no, yeah that would be enough to make someone hate something!

Oh no! Man our son was allergic to a bunch of stuff a few years ago but thankfully outgrew them all. He wasn't ever deathly allergic just itchy and hives everywhere. It was a kind of hard thing but we made it through!
I wish i could grow out of mine! That is fantastic! I am going to do a juice cleanse detox so i can hopefully reboot my body. Maybe that will help. But it does stink. I am glad your son doesnt have to live with constant monitoring of his food. When the "popular" thing to do was add Avacado oil to everything I was having to read labels of everything! No fun! Now I know which products have it and those that don't at least of the products I use. Avacado oil is in everything!

I wish i could grow out of mine! That is fantastic! I am going to do a juice cleanse detox so i can hopefully reboot my body. Maybe that will help. But it does stink. I am glad your son doesnt have to live with constant monitoring of his food. When the "popular" thing to do was add Avacado oil to everything I was having to read labels of everything! No fun! Now I know which products have it and those that don't at least of the products I use. Avacado oil is in everything!
Oh man! I didn't think about avocado oil in things! For us, he was allergic to soy and nuts and those are in everything too! He would even break out if the food was packaged in a place that packaged soy, even if it didn't specifically have any in it. Just it being packaged in the same place as other soy/nut products was enough. I hope yours calm down and the detox helps!

My Mum made the BEST cheesecake and a few years ago Dad gave me her recipe book which had it in it. It was the best gift! I had spent years searching for a cheesecake that was remotely like hers, but I always ended up disappointed when I got one at a restaurant or even home made ones, nothing could compare to hers. I'm still experimenting with it, some of the ingredients in it we don't have exactly the same anymore, different brands etc. The kids don't mind though lol.
Oooooo-would you be willing to share her recipe?!? I really enjoy cheesecake of any sort.

I can't stand olives of any sort--green or black unless they're in a soup or on a pizza. I don't like white chocolate--it's too sweet. Kimchee smells so horrible I won't even try it. I've tried to like currie but can't develop a taste for it and same thing with sage in dressings at Thanksgiving.

Ok im now starting to get an idea that maybe the reason people think I am weird is because I am! :eek:
I keep reading about foods you other ladies can't stomach and I like! Maybe my weirdness is somehow related to my theology....and political beliefs....and it just gets sensed through the posts I write by other people!
Does anyone think I might be onto something here? :p
@rejoicinghandmaid what is Kimchee? I guess I could search that word, but this way others that don't know won't have to ask. :D:)

Oooooo-would you be willing to share her recipe?!? I really enjoy cheesecake of any sort.
When I have two hands I will, lol.
Ok im now starting to get an idea that maybe the reason people think I am weird is because I am! :eek:
I keep reading about foods you other ladies can't stomach and I like! Maybe my weirdness is somehow related to my theology....and political beliefs....and it just gets sensed through the posts I write by other people!
LOL!!! I think I'm weird because there's a lot of food I don't like, mushrooms, fish, beans, spicy anything, venison, olives.... and that's just for starters!

LOL!!! I think I'm weird because there's a lot of food I don't like, mushrooms, fish, beans, spicy anything, venison, olives.... and that's just for starters!

I have a theory that most aversions people claim to have to various foods would change semi rapidly, and in direct relation to how long they had been without any food! :D
Thankfully none of my family or friends have had the reason or necessity to test my theory. :)

Last edited:
When I was young my mother told me that if I was starving I would eat mushrooms. I strongly disagreed and told her I would rather die than eat them.
Now, I think that I could if I was starving. I can eat them if they're chopped up super fine on a pizza, but I have to chew and swallow very quick or I'll gag. It's the texture that does it, not just the taste, they're so spongy and slimy!
There were even more things I didn't like as a child and I've come to like them now, like corgettes and spinach. But mushrooms and fish are the two that have really stuck with me.

We eat anything that doesn't eat us first I think. Lol ....but tofu! Tasteless impersonator of nourishment that!

I can't stand olives of any sort--green or black unless they're in a soup or on a pizza. I don't like white chocolate--it's too sweet. Kimchee smells so horrible I won't even try it. I've tried to like currie but can't develop a taste for it and same thing with sage in dressings at Thanksgiving.

I haven't tried curry, and I don't want to try kimchi lol! I agree, smells funky! And I think my tastes have changed on olives and white chocolate, not something I hate, but am not crazy for. I'm not sure how I feel about sage.

Last edited:
Back