• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

July 8th - Food you can't stand?

Ok im now starting to get an idea that maybe the reason people think I am weird is because I am! :eek:
I keep reading about foods you other ladies can't stomach and I like! Maybe my weirdness is somehow related to my theology....and political beliefs....and it just gets sensed through the posts I write by other people!
Does anyone think I might be onto something here? :p
@rejoicinghandmaid what is Kimchee? I guess I could search that word, but this way others that don't know won't have to ask. :D:)

If it what's I think she's talking about kimchi is like fermented cabbage. :)

I have a theory that most aversions people claim to have to various foods would change semi rapidly, and in direct relation to how long they had been without any food! :D
Thankfully none of my family or friends have had the reason or necessity to test my theory. :)

My mother in law told me she watched some documentary on how when you're in a survival situation that will happen. People will be desperate enough to eat things they didn't like and even bugs.

I don't know if I could eat bugs.

I started eating beans and I usually don't like the texture of them. But we're calorie counting here and a lot of recipes call for them so I got over it. So if I can get over something to calorie count maybe people can if they are starving lol.

When I was young my mother told me that if I was starving I would eat mushrooms. I strongly disagreed and told her I would rather die than eat them.
Now, I think that I could if I was starving. I can eat them if they're chopped up super fine on a pizza, but I have to chew and swallow very quick or I'll gag. It's the texture that does it, not just the taste, they're so spongy and slimy!
There were even more things I didn't like as a child and I've come to like them now, like corgettes and spinach. But mushrooms and fish are the two that have really stuck with me.

I totally understand the texture thing! I love fish and mushrooms but I have weirds about some textures so I get it. :)

I totally understand the texture thing! I love fish and mushrooms but I have weirds about some textures so I get it.
This reminded me of the one time I can recall when sight and texture almost made me upchuck. I was visiting a super awesome health conscience aunt who was kind enough to share a green drink with me. It was made in the vita mix with nutrient dense greens like chard and kale....and had a bit too much kale in my opinion, as it was just a tich bit bitter. It wasn't as dark green or as sweet as the spirulina fruit smoothies I was used too....and had a ton more fiber....and it looked just like the recycled alfalfa hay my goats would squirt across the pen when they had a cough AND diarrhea! o_O:eek::confused:
Drinking that whole glass and keeping it down was a serious lesson in thought control for me that I doubt I'll ever forget!

I still like green drinks, and I can handle some kale and fiber in them, but I'd much rather juice and chug the kale. :D

Ok im now starting to get an idea that maybe the reason people think I am weird is because I am! :eek:
I keep reading about foods you other ladies can't stomach and I like! Maybe my weirdness is somehow related to my theology....and political beliefs....and it just gets sensed through the posts I write by other people!
Does anyone think I might be onto something here? :p
@rejoicinghandmaid what is Kimchee? I guess I could search that word, but this way others that don't know won't have to ask. :D:)
I am with you Jolene, I can eat almost anything!! I steer away from bugs but could do it if I am starving. (I think) I used to hate tofu but I have tasted it when it was cooked really well and so I’m not against it any more just definitely not my first choice.

Kimchi is fermented vegetables. Made like sourkraut but usually has carrots, beets or radish with ginger and fish sauce.

Back