• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Just because polygamy is not illegal does it make it moral?

Re: Just because polygamy is not illegal does it make it mor

What Ceasar says is rightfully his is not the same as what is rightfully ceasars.

If someone sell you a set of power tolls and has a picture of his face on the box.....

Can he come back next year and tell you, "by the way there is a picture of my face on the box of power tolls I sold you, so actually they still belong to me and you have to give them back or be thrown in jail."

Or would the power tools actually belong to the person who was given them, even though his face is not on the box, and.... it would be stealing for the person with the face on the box to just take the power tools.

That being said if the person with his face on the box has a large armed army you should give him the power tools so he does not kill you, but that does not mean he is not a thief who is trying to hinder justice.

13 Later they sent some of the Pharisees and Herodians to Jesus to catch him in his words. 14 They came to him and said, “Teacher, we know that you are a man of integrity. You aren’t swayed by others, because you pay no attention to who they are; but you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. Is it right to pay the imperial tax to Caesar or not? 15 Should we pay or shouldn’t we?”

But Jesus knew their hypocrisy. “Why are you trying to trap me?” he asked. “Bring me a denarius and let me look at it.” 16 They brought the coin, and he asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”

“Caesar’s,” they replied.

17 Then Jesus said to them, “Give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s and to God what is God’s.”

And they were amazed at him.

Mark 12:12-17 NIV 2010

Re: Just because polygamy is not illegal does it make it mor

Not sinful if practiced according to God's Word and therfore not immoral.

Case Closed.

T-C

Back