• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request Just sent a reminder about polygamy to one of our church elders

Just a thought.... (?) You might need to warn her there are some heated exchanges on BF at times because we don't all agree on every issue! If the first thread she clicked on was the "Christmas" one, she might laugh us all off as a bunch of squabbling loonies and become more convinced you are another loony. 😬

Thank you. I appreciate that you and the other ladies are so helpful and willing to talk. I think she is so upset right now that she might not be able to talk to anyone. I know that talking to you would be helpful.

I know it is an emotional response because she is hurting so badly.

I'll try to love her well and be patient.

She just seems to be getting increasingly angry and bitter. She has known for several years that I believe polygamy to be lawful and that I am at least somewhat theoretically interested in it.
I see problem here as social isolation.

In any society isolation and ostracism is easily death sentence.

How about one societal group where you won't mention polygamy? At least then wife won't feel completely isolated.

Can you also be more careful how you bring polygamy? Keep it more low-key. You have to choose your battles when sharing idea of polygamy.

Can you also be more careful how you bring polygamy? Keep it more low-key. You have to choose your battles when sharing idea of polygamy.
Your wife does have a point @Bartato that this might be you stirring up trouble for her where none was required. I think all of us have made the mistake of raising this when it did not need to be said, and this may be one of those cases. If in hindsight you feel it was unnecessary, then honestly telling her you stuffed up on the timing and/or method, but not on the theology, may go a long way towards healing this.

Thank you. I appreciate that you and the other ladies are so helpful and willing to talk. I think she is so upset right now that she might not be able to talk to anyone. I know that talking to you would be helpful.

I know it is an emotional response because she is hurting so badly.

I'll try to love her well and be patient.

She just seems to be getting increasingly angry and bitter. She has known for several years that I believe polygamy to be lawful and that I am at least somewhat theoretically interested in it.
One can be wise as a serpent and harmless as a dove. One doesn’t have to charge every brestwork. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

While I agree with the sentiment of the three previous comments, I also recognize that Truth must be brought to the fore. @Bartato did private message, not publicly blast, the Elders that were not being accountable to the very lesson they taught (if I understand the precipitating event correctly).

Yes, there is a time for prudence, but there is often the time that we MUST take a bold stand and be willing to take the fall. Extra challenging for our women, I know @Judgemenot has suffered the loss of many many friends because she stands by me. Frankly, I'm at the point that I go looking for the fight and she has accepted that it is a calling to vindicate the Almighty, the Patriarchs, and many righteous men and women of old and of today.

I’m so sorry she is struggling so much right now. I wish I could just gift her with the years of heart searching I had to do to get to the place of understanding I am in now. There are numerous ladies here that would be happy to chat with her- even if it’s just so she knows she isn’t alone in her feelings right now. Praying she finds some joy today and praying you can show her the depth of your love for her.

I’m so sorry she is struggling so much right now. I wish I could just gift her with the years of heart searching I had to do to get to the place of understanding I am in now. There are numerous ladies here that would be happy to chat with her- even if it’s just so she knows she isn’t alone in her feelings right now. Praying she finds some joy today and praying you can show her the depth of your love for her.
Thank you

@PeteR "but we cannot set things right in this nation or in this generation without correcting this feminization of civilization."

AMEN, Women don't need to be men. Men are their coverings we take it all on us in G-ds Eyes.
Women have it easier because as long as their husband is of G-d and they Obey their Husbands they are good.
Men take the blame of messing up, leave that stress for men and be there for them as a sweet loving wife so they might fine peace.

I told my wife about the message I sent the elder. That led to a huge quarrel on Sunday. She has been exceedingly upset with me since then. She is basically ignoring me saying "pretend that you have another wife and just ignore me".

We've been run out of church, and lost a bunch of friends over this issue before, and she really doesn't want that again.

I'm the only person she knows who speaks the truth about this issue, so it is easy to believe the lies.

Besides that, she just ABHORS the thought of polygamy, and feels utterly rejected by my even hypothetically wanting an additional wife.

I gave her the link to Wifeofhisyouth's "Peeling the Onion" blog. I don't know if she will read it.

I would appreciate your prayers as we seem to be in deep trouble. 😣

Our Father King of The Universe please hear this man's request, Lead him and his wife to a Greater Understanding and fill them with Love.
May all their issues be resolved and their marriage grow stronger then ever before! Amen!

She is currently reading Wifeofhisyouth's blog. I also mentioned Biblicalfamilies.org to her. I hadn't mentioned this website before.

This is why it is so important to me that there are Churches/Synagogues that recognize Polygyny is not a sin but was Ordained by G-d.
You and your wife need guidance from someone you can both trust and a Churches/Synagogues that recognize Polygyny is not a sin.

She may finally see that you are not the crazy loner she thought you were! There are more of us and some, like @WifeOfHisYouth, are from the same kind of background in their thinking as your wife. May God open her eyes to see the truth and bless you both with a full restoration in your relationship!
AMEN!

This sounds like an Awesome Women's Outreach!
Just an idea, but what if women here would be willing to Record Videos helping other women understand that Polygyny is not a sin.
I think that would be a wonderful idea.

While I agree with the sentiment of the three previous comments, I also recognize that Truth must be brought to the fore. @Bartato did private message, not publicly blast, the Elders that were not being accountable to the very lesson they taught (if I understand the precipitating event correctly).

Yes, there is a time for prudence, but there is often the time that we MUST take a bold stand and be willing to take the fall. Extra challenging for our women, I know @Judgemenot has suffered the loss of many many friends because she stands by me. Frankly, I'm at the point that I go looking for the fight and she has accepted that it is a calling to vindicate the Almighty, the Patriarchs, and many righteous men and women of old and of today.
My second favorite poem is the Charge of the Light Brigade. I’m all about damming the torpedoes and full speed ahead. But if your wife isn’t on board then the cost has to at least be counted.

I'm wondering also!
Polygamy would not be a subject for debate "IF" all major churches weren't offended by what the Holy Spirit wrote in the original Greek through the apostles. If the Catholic, Protestant, and Orthodox churches simply translated the original Greek faithfully -- then polygamy would have to be allowed.

Last edited:
Polygamy would not be a subject for debate "IF" all major churches weren't offended by what the Holy Spirit wrote in the original Greek through the apostles. If the Catholic, Protestant, and Orthodox churches simply translated the original Greek faithfully -- then polygamy would have to be allowed.

It is translated about as faithfully as possible, and it comes through just fine. It isn’t Scripture, as translated, that stands in the way of biblical marriage. What stands in the way is weakness, fear, and false doctrines.

There's a couple of verses in the New Testament that were mis-translated to help firmly establish monogamy only:

1 Corinthians 7:2

But because there is so much sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman should have her own husband.

The Holy Spirit through the Apostle Paul:

“Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own [heautou – exclusively owned] wife, and let every woman have her own [idios – shared] husband.”

Massive difference. The human translation = monogamy only view. In contrast to the Holy Spirit, which supports the man adding additional wives.

Next we go to the Gospel:

Matthew 5:28

But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

The Holy Spirit through the Apostle Matthew:

But I tell you that anyone who looks at a gynaika (wife) lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

That's a day and night difference between woman and wife. Almost all translations use woman, and the only Bible that I've noticed that correctly uses "wife” is William Tyndale's "New Matthew Bible,” which came before the KJV. He died as a martyr for Christ. The translation that uses "woman" makes it seem sex is a necessary evil. So logically more wives = more evil. It also makes it seem all lust is sin, but it’s how lust is used. The prescription from God for lust is marriage (those that burn with lust should get married). But if a man uses lust to fornicate with prostitutes, adultery, or break wedlock then it becomes sin.

Below is the New Matthew Bible from Mr. Tyndale's translation:

New Matthew Bible (Before the KJV):
28 But I say to you that whosoever looks on a wife, lusting after her, has committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Last edited:
Bartato, did your wife ever come around on the issue of polygyny and accept it?

There's a couple of verses in the New Testament that were mis-translated to help firmly establish monogamy only:

1 Corinthians 7:2

The Holy Spirit through the Apostle Paul:

Massive difference. The human translation = monogamy only view. In contrast to the Holy Spirit, which supports the man adding additional wives.

Next we go to the Gospel:

The Holy Spirit through the Apostle Matthew:

That's a day and night difference between woman and wife. Almost all translations use woman, and the only Bible that I've noticed that correctly uses "wife” is William Tyndale's "New Matthew Bible,” which came before the KJV. He died as a martyr for Christ. The translation that uses "woman" makes it seem sex is a necessary evil. So logically more wives = more evil. It also makes it seem all lust is sin, but it’s how lust is used. The prescription from God for lust is marriage (those that burn with lust should get married). But if a man uses lust to fornicate with prostitutes, adultery, or break wedlock then it becomes sin.

Below is the New Matthew Bible from Mr. Tyndale's translation:

This is totally AWESOME!!!! Not only does it help here with Matt 5:28, but Matt 19:9, Luke 16:18. and Mark 10:11-12! Anyone reading the NMB, can see that Jesus was NOT calling polygyny adultery!

Back