• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Kingdom courts

She has faith that Yah will heal her.
Maybe He will, maybe not. But be careful about interfering with someone’s faith.

A lot of times Doctors cut people open and force pills down their throats so not everything is such a blessing.

One of the roles of the elders is to lay hands on those who need healing. If they confess any sins, and submit to the Word, and call for the elders, then the elders should be willing to come and heal. I've never once heard anyone except a pentacostal even attempt such a thing, and pretty sure that was just for show with that group... But the elders were supposed to be pillars of the community, and instead they seem to be left in nursing homes to die. We get young "doctors" whose worldview is purely physical, and they can never help the root cause of much sickness, which is sin. They can't stop the many diseases associated with homosexuality, promiscuity, and the rebel diet of eating all the things Yah says are not food.

Interesting that good judgement is needed by an elder before he goes to lay hands on a sick person, as to whether repentance has occurred.

One of the roles of the elders is to lay hands on those who need healing. If they confess any sins, and submit to the Word, and call for the elders, then the elders should be willing to come and heal. I've never once heard anyone except a pentacostal even attempt such a thing, and pretty sure that was just for show with that group... But the elders were supposed to be pillars of the community, and instead they seem to be left in nursing homes to die. We get young "doctors" whose worldview is purely physical, and they can never help the root cause of much sickness, which is sin. They can't stop the many diseases associated with homosexuality, promiscuity, and the rebel diet of eating all the things Yah says are not food.

Interesting that good judgement is needed by an elder before he goes to lay hands on a sick person, as to whether repentance has occurred.
My personal opinion is that the heads of households are to lay hands on their own family and call forth healing, but when he needs healing he has to go to someone with more authority than his own. His family (wife/wives) don’t have it.

One of the roles of the elders is to lay hands on those who need healing. If they confess any sins, and submit to the Word, and call for the elders, then the elders should be willing to come and heal. I've never once heard anyone except a pentacostal even attempt such a thing...
Our Torah-observant 'messianic' fellowship in the Colorado Front Range did it virtually every Sabbath.

She has faith that Yah will heal her.
Maybe He will, maybe not. But be careful about interfering with someone’s faith.

Old jokes:

A Scottish man prays every week that he'll win the lottery. He prays for years and years that he will win the lottery. One day in frustration he cries out to God, "Lord, why haven't I won the lottery?"

The heavens opened up and the booming voice of God said, "You have to buy a lottery ticket ya' cheap Scot!"

And another that is more to the point:

A flood suddenly sweeps the countryside and a man is trapped on his roof as the waters rise. He prays to God to be rescued.

A tree floats by and the man continues to pray as the water is now at his feet.

A canoe floats by and the man continues to pray as the water is now at his waist.

A fully fueled Bayliner floats by and the man continues to pray as the water is now at his neck.

The man drowns and ends up in front of God in Heaven and says, "God, I prayed for you to rescue me and what happened?"

God says to him, "Who do you think sent the tree, the canoe, and the boat?"

By the way, if you have a shovel don't stand around praying for a hole.

Old jokes:

A Scottish man prays every week that he'll win the lottery. He prays for years and years that he will win the lottery. One day in frustration he cries out to God, "Lord, why haven't I won the lottery?"

The heavens opened up and the booming voice of God said, "You have to buy a lottery ticket ya' cheap Scot!"
I need to win first then I'll have money to waste on tickets.

Our Torah-observant 'messianic' fellowship in the Colorado Front Range did it virtually every Sabbath.
I'd wondered if the 'charismatics' of Torah Observant communities would be doing such. I'm glad to not be disappointed. There's 8 of us brothers in Lynchburg now that I know of, and I'm trying really hard to bring them all together for assembly. I can see all the blessings promised to His set apart people if they should gather in His name (How one does that without saying His name, I've no clue. ;) ) and I want those blessings! Not just for me, but my brothers, and their families also. Must admit, it is hard to bring unity, when you are a newcomer to Torah, and all these other folks have dug trenches and battle lines over dumb crap... But three days ago, it was 3 groups of 2 men and some stragglers without community. And yesterday and today brought me face to face with these fractured elements. I know full well I don't yet meet elder qualifications, so I can't head up this assembly, but I sure can get the motivation up to actually assemble together! I want my brothers together on a team! Unity! To be united as He is Echad!

I would never have called us "charismatic"...

But I do encourage more study of what "is Written" as opposed to the 'traditions of men' on this score:

I can see all the blessings promised to His set apart people if they should gather in His name (How one does that without saying His name, I've no clue. ;) ) and I want those blessings!

His Name is Written over 7000 times in Scripture, and most of 'em have been removed by those same bogus 'traditions of men.' Yet, most of His prophets REPEATEDLY say, we will KNOW, at least those that seek to be called BY His Name, "that My Name is YHVH!"

Look in the front pages of most Bibles; they'll tell you they take OUT His Name ('the Tetragrammaton") and replace it with you-know-what.

I'll admit, it really bugs me when translators take OUT what He says we should know!

BTW - the WHOLE POINT of the Exodus story, repeated over a dozen times in that Book alone, is that THEY will know, Pharaoh will know, Egypt will know, and all the world will know,
"ki ani Yahuah!" -- NOT 'I Am the all-capital-LORD'.

There is also, say Joel, that important understanding that those who call on His REAL Name, YHVH, "will be saved." (2:32) And, yeah, the translators in Acts 2 got it wrong, too.

I can't help but think it's important, since He repeated it SO often!

PS> To help "keep this thread on-track" -- I note that, personally, everything that I write, or reference, or rely upon, that has to do with "Law" - or statutes, judgments, commandments, and even precedents - will reference His Name, YHVH, "as Written," when it matters. NOTE that He even SIGNS so many of those with, "ani YHVH".

I'm not sure I'd respect a "judge" who didn't at least understand that.

Last edited:
I think it was @PeteR I was reading who pointed out that everyone forgot about YHWH because the leaders turned to Baal... Baal means Lord/master. We forgot YHWH because of LORD too. So I agree, that would be very difficult to have a court convene in His name to loose and bind on Earth and Heaven, if His name is banned in favor of LORD worship... I mean Baal worship... Right??? So, there legitimately is a risk to bringing in any kind of judge who doesn't keep to Torah. Even the Pharisees made up rules that led them to worshipping false gods. To add or subtract from any command of YHWH is grounds to disqualify a judge. Even adding 'fences' seems to be a very questionable practice. Because it was just such a fence that caused His name to be made void (aka; taken in vain)

I'm kinda sad we are having to re-discover even the basics of the Biblical judiciary after so long.

So I am finding. There is so much I'm having to unlearn and relearn. It's hard, and I've been alone for so much of that process. But being alone and not finding these communities until just recently helps me know what I now possess is in fact more solid. I'm not stuck quoting other 'pastors' (wolves in shepherds clothing) as often, and my Biblical vocabulary has quadrupaled. I'm not regurgitating the same thirty verses that churchians do. That I can bring up Joash and Jasher in the same conversation now as heroes, and other people wonder who they are. That I can do a new kind of Romans railroading from Romans 2:13.

Everything just plain makes more sense now. It's cathartic to see cross references from NT and OT not be at war anymore. That the parables make so much more sense when tied to the Renewed Covenant with Israel of Jer31. That the Son came with the exact same message as the servants in the parable of the vineyard. Everyone, even until John the Immerser, said "Repent!" And Yeshua also said "Repent!" And the apostles all said "Repent!" I like that consistency. The stability that comes from having one Law for all time that applies equally to Jew and gentile, that we don't have this wierd problem of picking and choosing which of YHWH'S commands are 'ceremonial' and thus 'done away with.' That now, I can keep all 10 of the commandments and not wonder why the 4th and 10th just magically disappeared.

YHWH makes righteous judgements. Who were these 'early church f***ers' to think they had better judgements than THE Father? Something is pretty messed up to have multiple fathers like that... Yo mamma Maria been getting around church!

Is this arbitration a means of ketubah/marriage then? A man may enter contract with the dad of a daughter, or an independent woman, saying she and he won't use secular courts but a third party panel to handle any dispute which may involve dissolution of the marriage? Then the contract may specify conduct and roles in the relationship, which may differ greatly from the host nation's marriage systems. Mainly, that patriarchal headship element.

Then, those judges/arbiters would judge based on the LAW set forth by the covenant of marriage between man and woman. That way judges could judge regardless of TK or not to some degree. Even a secular lawyer could judge such a limited scope form of law.
Arbitrage is method of solving dispute. It is alternative to using formal court system.

Let me be clear, I'm not sure about democracy. I'm not sure about elitism, neither. But I am certain that what I said about appointing judges is in scriptiure. There is a pretty clear method for doing so prescribed. Let me see if I can provide one instance of it:

https://www.biblestudytools.com/esv/deuteronomy/16-18.html
"You shall appoint judges and officers in all your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, according to your tribes, and they shall judge the people with righteous judgment. You shall not pervert justice. You shall not show partiality, and you shall not accept a bribe, for a bribe blinds the eyes of the wise and subverts the cause of the righteous. Justice, and only justice, you shall follow, that you may live and inherit the land that the LORD your God is giving you."
Deut 16:18-20
Sooooo, not sure where the mind reading of "democracy" came into it, as this is far more serious. Probably the men over their homes and elders in the community appointed judges to stand in the gates and judge matters. Not sure I said anything out of scope from just assuring we follow biblical principles. This is about Biblical Family structure, and elders are part of that. Simple wisdom says to listen to elders.
I'm against elitism. I'm just saying that elite (people best in something) will always exist. Who are theologians, but elite in knowing theology? Same for mathematicians for math, historians for history etc....

There is no clear method for appointing judges. Only that judges must exist and be fair. I don't see a procedure how settlement get's its judge(s).

Just saying that modern things and modern knowledge are sometimes better than the understandings of 4000 years ago.

Like if someone wants to come at me with a sword then go for it. The result will be very predictable for me.

And what if you have a boil on your skin? Do you want to lance it and then treat it with antibiotics or do you want to do as Isaiah advised in Isaiah 38:21?

“Let them take a cake of figs and apply it to the boil, that he may recover.” I'm sure this was good advice in Isaiah's time.
Not eveything is better.

Celtic Christians had better sense of marriage laws than today.

Germanic customary law is 1000X better than what we have now. We live under curse of Roman law. Roman law puts sovereign in hand of one man (emperor) which enables him to regulate all. Today's states have only replaced emporor with parlament, but essence is same. One/few decide all rules for all.

Germanic customary law allows anybody to veto everything and places sovereignity in itself. Every law must be good and old, otherwise it isn't law. This form automatically stops anybody from imposing anything become all decision must have 100% unamity. System also forces all rules to be tested for decades and to have observable good effects before being accepted as law for all.

I could also start with how cool medieval political system was. Can you imagine that you have a contract with your superiour which he must follow and you can choose who he will be (last one was limited in practice)? If your ruler breaks his part of deal, you don't have to wait for election and convincing others. No, contract is invalid, he is automatically unfaitful scum and you are free to find replacement if you so desire.

Even quality was much better. Today, we choose least worst politician, they could choose best ruler.

Last edited:
Good articles about US court sydtem today:

The fundamental problem with any court is that they exist to enact law made by the government. They can therefore never rule against the government (ultimately, sometimes they will rule against inconsistencies in the law and show that a new law is incompatible with an old one, but they're still ruling for the government).

Our own central government has recently decided to steal a vast amount of assets from local governments and put it into centralised control. This was challenged in court, as appropriation without compensation. The court ruled that it was legal - because the government had passed a law that said they would do it, so by definition it was legal and the court could not challenge it. Morality and ancient principles are irrelevant.

In the USA you have a constitution, which in theory the court is supposed to hold as higher law above the government - but in reality it too is just a government-made law and can be amended at will. The court is still just implementing what the government says, and gives no real defence against the government.

I'm kinda sad we are having to re-discover even the basics of the Biblical judiciary after so long.

Biblical judiciaries have committed too many atrocities and injustices and that is why they fell out of favor.

The Pharisees who persecuted Christians, the Spanish Inquisition, and the persecution of witches, Jews, Baptists, Methodists, and etc. all come to mind here.

Society became weary of pious men who were ignorant of anything but their religious texts. Left to men such as these we'd never have any progress such as modern medicine, trains, planes, and automobiles..."works of the Devil every last one of them!"

It is an idea that can work within a religious community but only to a point. As we see with the LDS, the Catholics, and etc. these systems are inevitably perverted to protect those in power.

No, better we just have our churches and if our problems are serious enough we find impartial judges to apply the law.

In the USA you have a constitution, which in theory the court is supposed to hold as higher law above the government - but in reality it too is just a government-made law and can be amended at will. The court is still just implementing what the government says, and gives no real defence against the government.

You really need to stop commenting on our Constitution and the processes surrounding it if you do not understand them.

The US Constitution cannot be amended at will.

It is a deliberately complex and time consuming process to amend the US Constitution. 2/3 of both houses of Congress must approve the amendment, then it gets sent to the states where 2/3 of the state legislatures must also approve it. That can take a very long time.

The last Amendment to be ratified in this process was the 27th Amendment. It was proposed on September 25, 1789 and passed on May 5, 1992.

That's 202 years plus 223 days to amend the Constitution at will.

Back