• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

LAIR SNARE, or Are We at Risk of Exaggerating Our Own Supremacy?

I would prefer 40 something bodies I would like to have back.

I was talking about my personal body, not my wife’s.

My grandpa used to joke with my grandma that when she turned 40 that he was gonna trade her in for 2 - 20’s. He didn’t mean it and just said that to get her riled up and sassy with him.

And ya know what’s crazy? I’ve come to the realization that I wouldn’t trade my wife as she is now for a set of identical twin hers from our wedding night. She was 17 when we married. And call me nuts but I really wouldn’t trade her right now as she is with all of her experience and knowledge for two 17 year old versions of her. I would like to trade for my old body back though. HAH!

I was talking about my personal body, not my wife’s.

My grandpa used to joke with my grandma that when she turned 40 that he was gonna trade her in for 2 - 20’s. He didn’t mean it and just said that to get her riled up and sassy with him.

And ya know what’s crazy? I’ve come to the realization that I wouldn’t trade my wife as she is now for a set of identical twin hers from our wedding night. She was 17 when we married. And call me nuts but I really wouldn’t trade her right now as she is with all of her experience and knowledge for two 17 year old versions of her. I would like to trade for my old body back though. HAH!
Would she trade you for two younger versions of you?

I honestly don't know. I doubt it. I think she'd say one of me is quite enough. But let's ask @CatieF what she says.

I honestly don't know. I doubt it. I think she'd say one of me is quite enough. But let's ask @CatieF what she says.
Still partially deflecting! Probably every man wishes on some level that he could have his old vigor back, but my father's mother predicted this correctly for me: when one is young, one wants to live forever, and it's only natural to wish one could get one's physical youth back while retaining one's seasoned wisdom. Never going to happen, and she was convinced it was foolish brain chatter anyway, because only a fool would take one's youth back if one had to go back to that level of ignorance. And her additional point was that living a really long life only sounds good when one is young because one unconsciously assumes the extra years will be like what one is experiencing when one is young -- but the truth is that those who live longest only get extra years of being old, and if one isn't fully in touch with the value of wisdom and experience, those extra old-years will just suck.

The old joke was “I’m trading my one fourty in on two twenties.”
Response, “You are not wired for two twenties.”

The old joke was “I’m trading my one fourty in on two twenties.”
Response, “You are not wired for two twenties.”
And I'll be forthright and assert with no irony that I would never want to have to listen to two twenties.

And I'll be forthright and assert with no irony that I would never want to have to listen to two twenties.
Some of us are willing to suffer for the cause.

She said... Nah, it's probably not appropriate. Suffice to say that two of me would be "too much".

Some of us are willing to suffer for the cause.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: you are far more generous than am I, Zen Trucker!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: you are far more generous than am I, Zen Trucker!
Just following in my Master’s footprints, He does love all of them 😊

Man, this is something God has done severe work on me through the years. I used to be very prideful about my independence. One year was so lean, I had no money in the bank and just enough change and cash laying around to get to a consult. But not enough money to buy fuel to return if the clients didn’t pay.

I’m not that stupid and proud anymore. Literally just got off the phone with a friend asking for his help.

Sawmill is being delivered tomorrow and I need another pair of eyes to check my thoughts on placement. I literally think this stuff through as a profession. Still asking for help. A wise man realizes there is wisdom in many counselors. He’s also not going to over extend and do more than he should.

A fool will drag his family down into poverty rather than humble himself when he needs help.

The lessons have been hard won but I hope I am more wise now than a decade ago.
well now the sawmill idea... I am learning too. I have a TMG that can cut an 11 foot log. I am also learning placement of the mill for loading purposes and where to put the lumber. I am also learning that those suckers are HEAVY!! the 4X10's are still heavy. the little Kubota loader is maxxed out! Perhaps a new thread on sawmilling is in order!

Back