• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Legal name change for second wife in Texas

I'm not really an approval seeking type of person, so caring what people think isn't what drives me. But I am well aware of how self righteous busybodies can quickly and easily make your life hell and destroy your family should they choose to.

If you view your wife through a "Legal" means of a piece of paper I think you have marriage twisted.. Marriage is through God not through the government. Or at least that is how we look at it.. Two each their own. :) :-D

If in your heart she is your second wife and you're bending the words because she is not legally on paper that is a little ass in backwards don't you think?

Adultery starts in your heart before it becomes a physical thing... Thus how can you call her a partner and not your wife if she is in your heart? You're still lying.. But I could careless I am just speaking on what my two wives and I believe..

Enough from me, I have to get back to work :-D

Cam, it’s not that you’re personally insulting that’s the problem; we deal with that around here all the time. It’s that you’re demonstrably oblivious to the entire discussion that’s going on here. Keep up the drive-by postings if you’re getting something out of that, but you’re not contributing any value here.

When Elijah talks to those who believed in Baal, he speaks to them according to their understanding, as if Baal was a god and had conscious existence:
1Ki 18:27 And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked...
This is in my top 3 stories of the bible ... so awesome.
In the Hebrew He has some mockery that doesn't always come across in the English like "perhaps he is at the bush" meaning "taking a dump lol. I love Elijah's mockery soooo much and how he comes off as being a good sport; the Baal cheerleaders seem to think he's actually giving them advice in a good sportsmanship kind of way.
You made my night reminding me of this splendid mockery of the wicked...

I love Elijah's mockery soooo much and how he comes off as being a good sport
Well there you go, he'd just have been a boring old prophet if he'd used absolutely correct language all the time when he had to communicate effectively with these people.

In the Hebrew He has some mockery that doesn't always come across in the English like "perhaps he is at the bush"
I'd heard that, always nice to have confirmation :) I believe that's similar to the "draught house" when the old Baal temple was put to better use as a public convenience (2Ki 10:27)?

Er, moving swiftly back to the topic...

Mat_15:17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
The pure word of God concerning men and their women goes into people in the world, and what we've ended up with in our cultures are all these rubbish views of marriage language and meaning coming out of them.

I think I've come to realise now why this site is called biblicalFAMILIES ? Perhaps some variation on "She really is part of the family" may offer some potential.

Last edited:
This is in my top 3 stories of the bible ... so awesome.

Me too. It is one of those passage where you can see God really has a sense of humor. The whole story shows it, not just that one laugh line. If you don't take things too seriously, you'll find indications of His humor all throughout the scriptures.

More on topic, I thought of another word, if you don't mind being pigeonholed as lower class: baby mamma. It doesn't really give the connotation of 'my woman' so I'm not a fan. But in certain crowds or workplaces it is not uncommon for men to have 1 or more babymamma's and little question is usually given to the details of those relationships since they're usually complicated and/or socially unapproved to begin with.

More on topic, I thought of another word, if you don't mind being pigeonholed as lower class: baby mamma. It doesn't really give the connotation of 'my woman' so I'm not a fan. But in certain crowds or workplaces it is not uncommon for men to have 1 or more babymamma's and little question is usually given to the details of those relationships since they're usually complicated and/or socially unapproved to begin with.
Another tool in the toolkit. I could see that being just the right way to get into the discussion in some situations.

I was joking earlier about concubine (given the frequent threads debating it's definition), but "mistress" seems like a potentially useful and not wholly inaccurate term, despite its cultural baggage. I feel like someone may have mentioned that on the forums at some point, but don't recall for sure.

I was joking earlier about concubine (given the frequent threads debating it's definition), but "mistress" seems like a potentially useful and not wholly inaccurate term, despite its cultural baggage. I feel like someone may have mentioned that on the forums at some point, but don't recall for sure.
It can be useful, mostly in the sense of "this is how it's like a mistress (since that's a word people already understand), and this is how it's different". Definitely another tool in the communication toolkit, though.

Back