• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Love the ladies but some make me want to curse

There's a lady on Fox tv that I sometimes like named Kat Timpf. This one time she was talking about her ideal guy and she says she avoided guys with washboard abs.

You'd think that would be attractive to some women but not to a thinking woman.

Kat said, "If you have washboard abs you don't have time for me."

She's right. Such a guy might look nice on a calendar but he's going to spend every spare moment working out and not spending it with his lady.

And that comes right back to men (not mere 'guys') who are proven husbands and fathers. They are far more attractive than some guy with washboard abs and a self-absorbed personality.
Personally, a man who can take care of himself.... Mind, body, spirit I feel is far more balanced and any man living this lifestyle must be balanced. Wouldn't you agree?
I have seen far to many men who are not balanced try and take on multiple wives just to have them leave. Balance is a virtue we need to cultivate in our lives.
Proverbs 11:1
A false balance is an abomination to the Lord, but a just weight is his delight
Spending to much time on anything can be bad but not taking care of ones physical health can be very bad! It is not honorable to neglect oneself and leave behind a family with no covering.

Back