• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Martin Luther

Tlaloc,
Tlaloc said:
I attend a baptist church where women vote, but are not allowed in eldership roles, so its on par with you're synod for women in the church. I prefer that women can vote, as meeting issues are usually concerning buisness and not church leadership, and its good and well to have women take part of civil leadership.

It is nice to hear that a man agrees about women being able to take part in civil leadership. That is the main reason that I belong to the LCMS church. Look at Deborah a women from the Old Testment who made wonderful decisions in this form of leadership.

God's Blessings,

Michelle

Yeah, there is definitely precedent for women in civil leadership, and they do it as well (or as badly) as anyone else. The rules against women in church leadership is more a matter of identity than capability as well. Even Uzziah, who was king, could not be a priest. Even most men should be excluded as potential for pastorship, its a specific calling.

We actually just had our Church annual business meeting.Its almost all about finances and spending, there isn't any reason the ladies should not have input there, in fact most of them are quite an asset. Anyway it would be quite unreasonable for, say, the head of childrens church not to have a say on her crafts budget no? Not to mention the older ladies that are slightly hard of hearing needed a say when we talked about putting in a new sound system.

Tlaloc,

Good for your Church to allow those ladies to have an input. Yes, women do know how to spend other peoples' money. Of course, when we do we think how it will benefit others and our families as a whole. It is not selfish spending--except maybe a dress or two and new shoes. :D

Michelle

Back