• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

From Staff Men's video meetup - 2nd and 4th Wednesdays, 8:00p EDT

Added to Calendar: 24 dates

Most weeks I could make this work, but this one will be difficult. I'll turn up late if I can. Great idea.

👍😊

Now I just gotta remember 😜

Excellent. Planning to be there barring anything major.

I don't always have my head screwed on straight, but I'm going to do my best to remember.

In the future, if we want to use zoom, I have an account that can host a number of people. A little more secure than Google but no matter what we do, we can't completely erase our digital tracks...

Enjoyed talking to you all tonight! Hope to make it to a retreat sometime. Sounds like a blast!

On the topic of food forests and gardening from the discussion tonight, I'll put in a plug for David the Good. I've learned a lot from him, starting from absolutely zero knowledge to having some small success with a backyard corn patch, and now in the process of understanding how to prune some of the fruit trees in my yard.

Enjoyed talking to you all tonight! Hope to make it to a retreat sometime. Sounds like a blast!

On the topic of food forests and gardening from the discussion tonight, I'll put in a plug for David the Good. I've learned a lot from him, starting from absolutely zero knowledge to having some small success with a backyard corn patch, and now in the process of understanding how to prune some of the fruit trees in my yard.

I’m acquainted with him, on a telegram group with him and a couple other brothers like him. Another guy y’all should check out is Rory Groves. He wrote “Durable Trades”

Also, I don’t know if you guys know these names. Some of my friends and acquaintances are doing some pretty cool stuff. You should check em out as they’re all doing different things but equally valuable in their own rights. John Moody, Thomas Massey, Joel Salatin, Mark Shepard, Billy Bond, David the Good, Pete Kanaris, Jack Spirko, Geoff Lawton, Ben Falk.

Some of those names are more “famous” than others but that doesn’t mean much to me. What matters is what they actually do with their lives. And they’re each doing some pretty cool stuff. So if you’re into the food forests and gardening stuff, definitely check out those names.

In the future, if we want to use zoom, I have an account that can host a number of people. A little more secure than Google but no matter what we do, we can't completely erase our digital tracks...
I do realize that nothing is pure, but I don't want to participate in a format that funnels everything through Communist China where thousands are being 'employed' to monitor and transcribe behaviors to more fully comprehend how to subvert America (Zoom) or provide any support to a company that daily and very purposefully works to destroy our culture far more than we can ever repair it (Google).

Cool, I should have posted on this back when we did it - was surprised we had 13 guys on a short notice. 2nd and 4th Wednesdays have been proposed, and I think we can try that. That means 14th and 28th in September. Let's keep with 8:30p EDT for now, can maybe go earlier during winter.

We can vary between some light stuff, some prepping/community chat, and relationship stuff, as guys feel led. New guys, we will give you the floor to introduce yourself for a few minutes.

Will post a link day-of to help remind.

Last edited:
I propose Telegram as the best free platform for video calls that isn't well known for prying.

Back