• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Modern Day Circumcision Not the Same as Ancient?

Earth_is-

Male

"Following "Milah", a penis so circumcised would still contain a considerable portion of the foreskin and the penis would have continued to go through its natural development since most of the foreskin would have remained intact. Protection of the glans would still have occurred. The foreskin would not be stripped back off the glans and would naturally separate from the glans gradually as the child matures, much as it would had the child not been circumcised. The sensitive frenulum would not have been disturbed or moved, and the foreskin remaining would continue to cover and protect a substantial portion of the glans, especially when flaccid, and the glans would appear as uncircumcised. There would be minimal loss of sensitivity or intended protection."

"This is a much more radical form of circumcision. It was dictated by man, and is not the biblical commanded circumcision rite. [Italics mine] Its introduction has a bizarre history. The rabbinate sought to put an end to the practice of youths desiring to appear uncircumcised by stretching the remaining foreskin for social economic benefits and for sports competitions. By introducing the painful and debilitating "Periah" they would obliterate the foreskin completely such that proper circumcised Jew could not disguise "the seal of the covenant". From this point in Jewish history, the male's glans is directly affected by the circumcision procedure, and the denuded glans and traumatized infant will heal with considerable nerve damage and loss of sensitivity. Again, it is important to note that this is not the Covenant circumcision of Abraham defined in the Bible."

They hate his Word so much - they even had to add to it for the circumcision. There is a reddit page called "Foreskin Restoration." It has about 31k members. But you can actually grow back your foreskin by manually tugging. Many users report a massive increase in sensation during sex. Not just for the man - but also for their sexual partner. The foreskin helps protect the glans from keratinization.

Consider how Moses' son was circumcised with a sharp stone. Think about it practically. You can't practically do a full modern medical circumcision / traditional Jewish circumcision with a sharp stone. You can only take off the tip of the foreskin. This alone shows scripturally that ancient circumcision was a very minor operation.

Also note that Abraham and Ishmael were each circumcised "in the flesh of his foreskin". The foreskin was not removed entirely, enough was left that the circumcision could be described as being "in" it.

After studying this in great depth prior to our first son being born, we chose not to circumcise our sons. The reason being that medical circumcision would be far more extreme than scripture prescribes, and we couldn't just go and do what scripture actually prescribes ourselves without risking a conviction for child abuse - which we would have been willing to risk had we considered this a crucial issue, but we decided at the time that it was not. If any of our sons decide we made the wrong decision they are fully capable of correcting it - an option they would not have had had we made the other choice.

C9A8A4AB-CBA2-490E-B347-CF0E4AC329A9.png736A6FF4-6178-4246-BA6C-C0AD9EE07E4C.png

The circumcision that Abraham, Issac, and Jacob went through - following the Word of God - left most of the foreskin in-tact. However, our modern day circumcision is much more extreme - removing far more foreskin - which not only ends up hurting the sexual satisfaction for the male; but can also be a negative for his wife (dis-comfort and less orgasms).

I only know my uncut husband. But after reading about this many years ago I think my dad being circumcised likely contributed in no small way to my parents relationship and marriage not staying strong. Sadly they divorced after 37 years.

I know of nothing that could take the place of intimacy ....when the equipment has not been tampered with.

My sw commented the other day about an Instagram post where a woman had a list of things that were better than sex. She said she looked in the comments for one telling the poster that she just hadn't had good sex....and could only find other women agreeing with her.

Between our hook up culture that doesn't value actual intimacy in the relationship, and medical mutilation, there is really no wonder baseball was called the number one pass time in America. ...might explain the falling birth rate too..... :(

I am not at all recommending the excessive circumcision, but I have not found it to have been this problem.

How many adult men are going to volunteer for this. This has to be done when you have no memory of it.
And that, sadly, is how the medical establishment, who couldn't sell it to men, sold it for babies. :(
In early America Drs would recommend circumcision for girls too. It was pedaled as a cure all for rebellion and such.

Well, a guy I know personally decided to get it done, so there are those who do. I don't know how many but it does happen.
My brother in law did as a decidedly mature man. I have no idea if he researched, or how much he had removed. His lil 2 ys old grandson is missing it all though....

How many adult men are going to volunteer for this. This has to be done when you have no memory of it.
I know a guy who did his own.
Bought what was necessary and took care of business. Survived just fine.

I was done at birth as were all seven of my sons. It seems to have worked out fine.

The article says that under their fantasy preferred method that you couldn’t even tell if someone one was circumcised unless erect? This seems like a problem for verification purposes, admittedly a rare requirement but still…..

My sw commented the other day about an Instagram post where a woman had a list of things that were better than sex. She said she looked in the comments for one telling the poster that she just hadn't had good sex....and could only find other women agreeing with her.

Between our hook up culture that doesn't value actual intimacy in the relationship, and medical mutilation, there is really no wonder baseball was called the number one pass time in America. ...might explain the falling birth rate too..... :(
I once read a list about activities women would like to do after they get married. Sex was ranked 17th, after things like gardening. For men, it was top 3. Another survey said that women preferred chocolate. I've always had doubts about whether these women really don't like sex, or whether they just never did it good... your comment helped me clarify that. :D

Last edited:
I once read a list about activities women would like to do after they get married. Sex was ranked 17th, after things like gardening. For men, it was top 3. Another survey said that women preferred chocolate. I've always had doubts about whether these women really don't like sex, or whether they just never did it good... your comment helped me clarify that. :D
I have four sisters. One I know has an uncut hubby....and neither of us could ever understand how long our mom went without! I could only assume that my moms experience was not like mine.

I found the comments in the study above very Interesting.

I am not at all recommending the excessive circumcision, but I have not found it to have been this problem.
How much you’re cut also varies from person to person, because some doctors cut more foreskin. Some cut less. But they all cut way past what’s found in his Word.

Also, most of us are circumcised when we are babies or very young. So we don’t have anything to compare to in terms of what we are missing out on. However, there are reports from people that did a circumcision at a much later age, and they say that the difference in sexual sensation went from a 10/10 to 3/10. There are also numerous men that manually tugged their foreskin (simply takes time and commitment), and they were able to restore most of their foreskin naturally through a process called mitosis - and almost all will attest that the difference in orgasm/sexual sensations are night and day. Many success stories of restoring your foreskin on that Reddit I mentioned.

I only know my uncut husband. But after reading about this many years ago I think my dad being circumcised likely contributed in no small way to my parents relationship and marriage not staying strong. Sadly they divorced after 37 years.

I know of nothing that could take the place of intimacy ....when the equipment has not been tampered with.

I’m sorry to hear about what happened with your father and mother.

Years ago a friend of mine got into his first relationship and he lost his virginity. I remember he mentioned that sex is very over-rated in terms of sexual sensation. His relationship with that girlfriend did not last very long either, and he’s also circumcised. I think at least some men may blame their partner - and want to experiment with new partners - not knowing the true culprit may actually be the very excessive foreskin circumcision that removed a lot of their sensitivity/nerves. They simply don’t connect the dots, and it’s not easy to either. Not many people talk about this, and too many parents blindly put their faith in the “science” behind the excessive circumcision - without actually looking deeper into it. I hope after the whole covid vaccine fiasco - people will begin to question more. In my haste I said - all men are liars. Psalms 116:11.

They simply don’t connect the dots, and it’s not easy to either. Not many people talk about this, and too many parents blindly put their faith in the “science” behind the excessive circumcision - without actually looking deeper into it.
The other factor is, who wants to think they lost something before they had a say, and that it may have hurt the quality of their experience? (And that of their partner perhaps too??)
Who, as a parent, wants to think they may have made the wrong choice about something most believe is not reversable?
These factors contribute to the silence and hesitation to talk about it.

Back