• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Music that makes you think of poly

Joleneakamama

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
I have long thought of starting this thread...finally decided to just do it.
Music is a powerful thing, that can touch the heart like little else can.

I thought it would be fun to share songs that make you think of poly in some way, either expressing the need for it, or whatever.

Some that come to mind for me are "Can't have your Kate and Edith too," sung by the Statler Brothers. I have always felt like asking "Why not?"
"She deserves you" sung by Bailie and the Boys" expresses a no pity attitude to women who break up a marriage...or rather to the woman who ends up with a man who was willing to break his marriage.
"Does he love you? Reba McEntyre asks the question a lot of poly wives might contemplate.
There is also "If loving you is wrong, I don't want to be right" sung by Barbara Mandrell. I feel like saying "It's NOT!"

I'm sure I will think of others, but this should get the ball rolling. LOL

I can only think of Smooth up in Ya by BulletBoys...

"So now's the time to make up your mind
I'll never ever be the one woman kind"

Although I'm like one million percent sure that poly is not what he was referring to.

I'm enjoying all the input here.

I thought of another. I know it's a cheating song....but to me it illustrates the need for Poly to be understood and accepted. Less cheating would happen if more dads insisted on "shotgun" weddings. lol

Restless Heart is the group. Why does it have to be is the title.

My hubby's favorite Poly type song is The Oak Ridge Boys, Trying to love two women.

From a "all-polygamists-are-crazy-cultists" perspective: Kissing Cousins, Elvis Presley... :D

Resurrecting this one a bit because I ran across this song on Pandora and I was like: "Wow, that's spot on!" At first I just kind of thought the 1st and 3rd verse applied to our current situation and people that believed in poly in general, but then when I listened a second time I realized verse 2 was SUPER poly-related.

Plumb - Unlovable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnDfi9VlBI4

My current poly playlist:

Mambo No. 5 Lou Bega
Marble Halls Enya
Cyrus In the Moonlight Largo
Triad The Byrds
The Weakness in Me Joan Armatrading
Na Wa' Polygyny Ach Kalab ft UzziYahu
1, 2, 3 (You Her and Me) Rick James
When You Were Mine Prince
When You Were Mine Cyndi Lauper
Tryin' to Love Two William Bell
My Boyfriend's Girlfriend (Isn't Me) Must Be Tuesday
I Feel Like Layin' In Another Woman's Husbands Arms Blue Lu Barker
Culture Shock Olivia Newton-John
Sister Wife Alex Winston
Look Out (Here Comes Tomorrow) The Monkees
I'm His Girl Friends
Perils of Poly Bone Poets Orchestra
You Owe Me Nothing In Return Alanis Morissette
Three Gaia Consort
My Grilfriends Girlfriend Type O Negative

I've also heard of a song by Kathy Mar called Sister-wife, but can't find it online.

Hmmm. Thinking of making a playlist with all these songs and just have it playing with the volume turned low while my wife is in the car. I'm Kidding! ......or am I? >:D

Back