• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Music that makes you think of poly

Some of the lyrics to this one make you think maybe she was a first wife....maybe a mistress? Sad song.

Definitely a sad song, and perhaps reflects how poly could have provided a less sad outcome, but not about poly.

From AZ lyrics: Björn Ulvaeus wrote this after he and ABBA's Agnetha Fältskog got divorced. He was unsure about whether she should sing it at all, but she did after he went to the studio and played the song. The song, of course, was very personal for both of them though it's not merely autobiographical but rather a reflection of a divorce. Ulvaeus explained, "A lot of people think it's straight out of reality, but it's not."

Well, I'm a-running down the road
Tryin' to loosen my load
I've got seven women on my mind
Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine

Take It Easy by The Eagles. (One of my favorite bands)

I’m telling you, I cannot go past Winslow Arizona without singing it.

Here is another....from my new perspective. I always imagined Id be happy for my hubby and his new love. I was right, and this song was playing in my heart today.

Your hubs and sisterwife are so blessed to have your excitement and support ❤️ You are such a beautiful example of how first wives should be!

Your hubs and sisterwife are so blessed to have your excitement and support ❤️ You are such a beautiful example of how first wives should be!
I was raised with the idea, never had an aversion to the idea and never got my heart broke. I also never thought about it until 5 years into a good marriage. Everyone is unique. I'm just what life has made me. I appreciate the kind words and compliment though, even if I don't feel like I deserve the credit. :)

Here is another....from my new perspective. I always imagined Id be happy for my hubby and his new love. I was right, and this song was playing in my heart today.

And Charley Pride is the bomb!

"Kiss an Angel Good Morning . . ."

Last edited:
And Charley Pride is the bomb!

"Kiss and Angel Good Morning . . ."
We loved Charlie Pride growing up. Had a long playing record.....still do!

Back