• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Need advice Ladies! Desperate

Rose of Sharon

Real Person
Female
I am so desperate! I am literally not getting any sleep and it is affecting me emotionally and physically. I take benadryl at around 8:00pm but around midnight, I am waking up. I try to fall back asleep and wake up again at 1:00. I mean fully awake. I am waking up every hour to 2 hours. About 3:00, I am just pretty frustrated and lay in bed until 6:00 then I get up. I am entering pre-menopause and I wonder if that is the reason for my lack of sleep. Is there anything that you can suggest?

Magnesium and calcium. Take up to an hour before bed.

Do you pray? If I really can't sleep then I pray and that helps me drift off. I also find that sometimes I'm awake for a reason and YHWH wants me to pray for someone or about something specific that's happening at that moment.

Magnesium and calcium. Take up to an hour before bed.

Do you pray? If I really can't sleep then I pray and that helps me drift off. I also find that sometimes I'm awake for a reason and YHWH wants me to pray for someone or about something specific that's happening at that moment.
Thank you for the recommendations. I do pray everynight before bed but maybe I need to start praying during the times I am awake as you do.

I diffuse lavender oil and will rub it on my pillow as well. As FollowingHim2 said usually YHWH is wanting me to pray when I get woken up and can't get back to sleep. Praying is what usually will allow me to drift back into lalal land
Lavender oil! I love the smell. That's a thought!! And I will start praying more. Thank you

If you are experiencing night sweats as well than it is very possible you are experiencing pre-menopause. I find that exercise does seem to help a little. Not sleeping through the night is the worst!

Thank you for the recommendations. I do pray everynight before bed but maybe I need to start praying during the times I am awake as you do.
It may be that Yahweh is trying to speak to you and you just need to listen. Meditate on the word ask Him to help you hear what He needs you to hear. Pray for wisdom and discernment before you sleep and if you are awaken keep note of what it was that rose you from your sleep. Was it a dream, sound, emotion...etc. Keep a diary and in time you will have your answers. Also make sure you are as detailed as possible in your notes.... Colours, sounds, numbers, the time it is when you wake. Did you receive a passage to look up that type of thing.
My daughter just moved home and we were talking about this very thing today. If you need help understanding and you care to share send me a pm and I can share what Yahweh shared with me.

Blessings and Shalom

It may be that Yahweh is trying to speak to you and you just need to listen. Meditate on the word ask Him to help you hear what He needs you to hear. Pray for wisdom and discernment before you sleep and if you are awaken keep note of what it was that rose you from your sleep. Was it a dream, sound, emotion...etc. Keep a diary and in time you will have your answers. Also make sure you are as detailed as possible in your notes.... Colours, sounds, numbers, the time it is when you wake. Did you receive a passage to look up that type of thing.
My daughter just moved home and we were talking about this very thing today. If you need help understanding and you care to share send me a pm and I can share what Yahweh shared with me.

Blessings and Shalom
Thank you! I do have a diary of my dreams and I will add these to it.

If you are experiencing night sweats as well than it is very possible you are experiencing pre-menopause. I find that exercise does seem to help a little. Not sleeping through the night is the worst!
Yes, no sleep is the worst. I used to exercise at night and lost track of it after getting the flu a few weeks ago. I need to start back up and see if that helps.

Hi there @FairyLass

I've never tried magnesium and calcium or Lavender as mentioned in the thread.

One thing that has worked very well for me is to turn on a fairly dim light near my bed...and to stand up next to the light and read a chapter or two of a book / just depending on how awake I am or not. In no time at all I'm really feeling tired and then right back to sleep. Can't remember which friend I heard this from but it's really worked quite well for me. Just don't pick too exciting a book!

Niacin, start with 250 to 500 mg, you will flush at first but the flush will actually help as you get use to it. The nonflush type does not work as well so skip it and go straight to the hard stuff, Haha. Niacin reduces adrenaline in the blood stream and calms you. Next up is valerian root, 1000 mg. The magnesium and calcium mentioned above helps too.

Hi there @FairyLass

I've never tried magnesium and calcium or Lavender as mentioned in the thread.

One thing that has worked very well for me is to turn on a fairly dim light near my bed...and to stand up next to the light and read a chapter or two of a book / just depending on how awake I am or not. In no time at all I'm really feeling tired and then right back to sleep. Can't remember which friend I heard this from but it's really worked quite well for me. Just don't pick too exciting a book!
I do read a book around 8:30pm and then study the word from 9:00 to 9:30. Maybe it would help if I flipped it.

@ Jennifer...does the niacin keep you asleep? I can get to sleep but have trouble staying asleep.
@ Jennifer...does the niacin keep you asleep? I can get to sleep but have trouble staying asleep.
Are you sleeping in a completely dark room? If not start. Are you sleeping in a slightly cooler room? If not start. Are you coughing when you wake up? Do you cough in the morning? You could have undiagnosed asthma.

I did doctor shadowing in an allergy clinic and often we had patients that only had the symptom of waking often at night and it ended up being asthma

Back