• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Need advice Ladies! Desperate

If you are taking statin drugs DON'T take niacin without first consulting a doctor. Niacin reduces cholesterol and does it pretty fast. Combining those two can case severe issues of you aren't careful.

Build up on the niacin but be careful when approaching 2000 mg. Don't exceed 3000 mg in a day. You can damage your liver. It's safe and very beneficial for reducing anxiety, sleep and heart health if taken appropriately.

I mentioned doctor shadowing, as not to confuse anyone, I am NOT a doctor. I am a research scientist at a medical lab. Don't take my advice as an authority. Most of this is from mom experience and perhaps a bit of my chemistry back ground but 95% mom experience!

Are you sleeping in a completely dark room? If not start. Are you sleeping in a slightly cooler room? If not start. Are you coughing when you wake up? Do you cough in the morning? You could have undiagnosed asthma.
This may be the problem. I wake up coughing.

@Jennifer I have long taken a supplement high in niacin, and am familiar with the flush that goes with it. I laughed at you telling them to Google to avoid freak out....my sis in law freaked out the first time she looked like a boiled lobster.

The supplement I took was an immune booster. I took it one night instead of eating dinner (empty stomach) when I felt my nose stuffing up and my throat getting scratchy. I got a bit nauseous, but it passed. I slept like a baby and woke up feeling fine.....never got what was going around that tried to get me.
I think the flush helps prevent anything from "hiding" in your body should your circulation be less then optimal. Maybe the way a hot bath is good for immunity? They both push peripheral circulation.

Just my rambling thoughts.

Back