• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

New and Need Prayer

His_Charm

Female
Hi All,

I'm newish around here and have been reading and looking for information... but have yet to find what I'm looking for....

I am friends with a family that practices PM and they need your prayers.

There were 3 sws at one point, until the middle one left.... there was a huge hole in the family for a long time, but they were finally (emotionally) back on their feet and the 3 people that were left were much more stable. The middle one was "instable in all her ways" and out of the public's eye tortured and tormented the family, so, even though she was deeply loved and cared for to the best of their abilities... it wasn't enough for her.

Well... now, a couple of years later he's been arrested and other than that there are a lot of charges against him they only know that one of the charges may be bigamy but not with the one that left...

Please pray for them and if anyone has any advice I could pass along, it would be greatly appreciated! I know that the ladies have been looking for lawyers and information, but they're a mess... and the newer one is worried that the courts may find a way to keep them apart regardless of the verdict....

Thank you,
His_Charm

Thank you Paulsen, the positive is that there is only one marriage license in the family :) So everything on that front will be according to what someone says.... I just worry what will happen to them if the person that left is believed...

I have advice. Tell that husband lawyer or no lawyer DO NOT WAIVE TIME NO MATTER WHAT!!!!

Unfortunately, no one can get in contact with him... There are no contact orders on pretty much everybody that's willing to talk with him. (You know... victim's or witnesses and all)…. Its ridiculous!

Unfortunately, no one can get in contact with him... There are no contact orders on pretty much everybody that's willing to talk with him. (You know... victim's or witnesses and all)…. Its ridiculous!

That is sad. Prayer may be the best thing any of us can do then....and I am certainly praying.

Here is a better explanation for the record, and for anyone else who may find themselves in a similar place.
This is just friendly advice that may serve someone better then legal advice.
The burden of proof is on the Plaintiff in a case. When they charge someone with anything they are limited by the law and are required to bring their case to trial in a reasonable time. Usually the first thing a lawyer will do is get you to waive time so that they have more time to prepare your defense….but that also works to allow the State to prepare a case against you. Then after getting you to waive time all the lawyers in the “Just us system” ( called a justice system….but it is OF lawyers, BY lawyers and FOR lawyers and does NOT serve justice or the people) play their games while your life is on hold. They do a lot of bluffing and scaring…..we saw this with a family member who was threatened with the death penalty to get him to plead guilty to a lesser charge that he served four years in prison for…..in addition to the YEAR he spent in county jail before the state finally brought his case to trial.

If you are ever charged for a crime DO NOT WAIVE TIME! They only have about 6 weeks to get it to trial IF you don’t waive time, and in most cases they do not have the money or resources to do that and will drop all charges against you when they are unable to make the deadline.

IF or when you first appear before the Judge make it extremely clear that if your public defender waived time for you YOU DID NOT AUTHORIZE HIM/HER TO DO SO AND HE/SHE is FIRED!

Fear will make you trust a lawyer, but most of them are going to get paid no matter what. Defend yourself if you need to…..don’t be afraid.

and the newer one is worried that the courts may find a way to keep them apart regardless of the verdict....

The Supreme Court has already ruled that two or more consenting adults can live together. Fear and uncertainty are the real enemy here. May that family all stand strong and be brave and bold!

Thank you everyone, the family appreciates every prayer there is! They just spoke with someone and the charges they were told by that person have nothing to do with bigamy... unless they are calling it something different there... In order for them to get more details they have to go into the court... which at this point is a few states away and lots of driving... They are currently staying with out of state family (for safety reasons)… but they are definitely stressed to the max...

The Supreme Court has already ruled that two or more consenting adults can live together. Fear and uncertainty are the real enemy here. May that family all stand strong and be brave and bold!

Joleneakamma, you are so right that fear and uncertainty are the real enemies.... one of the ladies was telling me this morning that she had bizarre dreams last night but they were about a giant snake, her man, and her kids (which don't live with her) and as she was saying it the lightbulb clicked... snake= satan… so he's definitely at work here.

This entire situation is of great concern. Why should a family be open to this kind of intimidation and stress! The problem to my mind is that the authorities have placed themselves as the "moral police". It seems that in "their" world its OK to be Gay, to sleep around, to have endless affairs, to do almost anything you want as they don't want to trample on peoples civil rights, but show full commitment to more than one wife, then you are a terrible person that needs to be taken in hand, what a load of rubbish. In this country the situation is similar, you can only register one union at a time but you can practice serial monogamy as often as you like. Perhaps they need to get out of the "moral" game and just work within the bounds of government so as to care for the country.
In this country only two people can be considered partnered, any other situation is just to hard to deal with, unless you are Muslim and have come in as a refugee and "already have a plural marriage family" then some allowance is made . Perhaps the law should be changed to recognize that if two or more (adult) people are living in the same home (regardless of sexual orientation or personal circumstance) then they are considered partnered without any further proof required. After all is it not cheaper for two to live together than for one alone. Thus reason says that if three (or more)live together in the same home then it just makes economical sense to do so. What those people do in their private lives is up to them.
Try to stay at peace in this matter, as in my experience to allow fear to rule us and to be anxious and stressed won't change anything except our personal health, so try to allow time to pass, it will all work out in the end. That being said its not easy to do but if you can accomplish this and put that stress to one side, then you will all be better off.
Our prayers are with you.

Prayers

That is sad. Prayer may be the best thing any of us can do then....and I am certainly praying.

Here is a better explanation for the record, and for anyone else who may find themselves in a similar place.
This is just friendly advice that may serve someone better then legal advice.
The burden of proof is on the Plaintiff in a case. When they charge someone with anything they are limited by the law and are required to bring their case to trial in a reasonable time. Usually the first thing a lawyer will do is get you to waive time so that they have more time to prepare your defense….but that also works to allow the State to prepare a case against you. Then after getting you to waive time all the lawyers in the “Just us system” ( called a justice system….but it is OF lawyers, BY lawyers and FOR lawyers and does NOT serve justice or the people) play their games while your life is on hold. They do a lot of bluffing and scaring…..we saw this with a family member who was threatened with the death penalty to get him to plead guilty to a lesser charge that he served four years in prison for…..in addition to the YEAR he spent in county jail before the state finally brought his case to trial.

If you are ever charged for a crime DO NOT WAIVE TIME! They only have about 6 weeks to get it to trial IF you don’t waive time, and in most cases they do not have the money or resources to do that and will drop all charges against you when they are unable to make the deadline.

IF or when you first appear before the Judge make it extremely clear that if your public defender waived time for you YOU DID NOT AUTHORIZE HIM/HER TO DO SO AND HE/SHE is FIRED!

Fear will make you trust a lawyer, but most of them are going to get paid no matter what. Defend yourself if you need to…..don’t be afraid.

There are no rules in family court,
besides what the judge decides.

Arrested means accused of a crime. Criminals have the right to a fair and speedy trial. Without agreeing to a continuance (waiving time) they have to proceed timely with prosecuting you for whatever you have been arrested for.
I maintain that time is on the side of the accused. Defendants have rights, plaintiffs have the burden of proof. Making them hurry is always going to be good for someone innocent who has been charged by anyone (state, former spouse, critical judgemental child)
Family court may do things we don't like, but this is not a divorce or custody issue if he has been arrested.
Just going by what I know and what I read in the above post....and I am not a lawyer.
Another relative had CPS try to take all their children.... unsuccessfully. The parents refused to even go to court and submit to that jurisdiction, only filed papers contesting the court's jurisdiction in the matter. The judge ordered the hospital to release their ten year old son to them.
Prayer is good, but faith and knowlege is helpful too.

Praying

Will pray. However: not knowing the situation, I would advise people here to be cautious about being partial to the accused as none of us knows exactly what he is being charged with, or why.

Will pray. However: not knowing the situation, I would advise people here to be cautious about being partial to the accused as none of us knows exactly what he is being charged with, or why.
Valid point....but on the flipside the law being enforced out there is not the perfect law of YHWH it is man's so called laws. This system is corrupt and lacks a foundation....it is modern baal worship.
People that will freak out about a dog dying from neglect or by accident, won't bat an eye at abortion.
People still tend to think that someone arrested must have done something "wrong" until they are the one being charged and know they are innocent.
Saw this exampled in the documentary farmaggedon. But until the uniform wearing strong arm carrying the semi-auto is enforcing FDA criminal orders that make the good folks milking sheep and making cheese criminals, they think those are the good guys.

YHWH's law of reaping what you sow will eventually kill mystery Babylon, but she kills and destroys many in earning her judgement.

Back