• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

new member introduction

retour

Male
Hello Ladies,

I'm Stella, 35, wife of Don, who has just joined this fellowship. He got a very warm welcome from you all, and has now encouraged me to introduce myself. My husband has decided to find a second wife. I was very uncomfortable at first/ felt rejected/ etc etc, but I can honestly say that prayer and my dear husband helped me come through it. Prayer is one of the strongest forces in the world, and through it I came to realise that I must bend to my husband's will in this matter and in all matters. That is the natural order, as laid down in Scripture. Yes, I am spirit-filled and joyous, praise Him always. Through prayer and my dear husband's spiritual guidance, I can now fully accept my role as a godly wife, compliant to his will.

Welcome Stella. Looking forward to conversations with you.

Michelle

Thank you so much Michelle. I look forward to your friendship.

Stella

Stella,
I am happy that you have joined us. We need all the friends we can get on this board. I am SweetLissa, second wife to daPastor. I am one of the moderators of the ladie's only groups. I am so happy that you guys found us. Our story is that we are one hubby and two wives. Hubby is overseas with his job for the next few months. Meanwhile I am in Texas and T the first wife is in Nevada, waiting for hubby to come home. When he comes home we will work on moving T to Texas to be with us and complete the transition to living together.

I hope we can help you with any thing you need. If I can make a suggestion, you should get your own signon name. The reason for this is that we have a few private forums. Men only, Women only and Singles only. If you want to join one of them, you should have your own sign on. The sign on name is what allows you to see and post in these private forums.

Thanks

SweetLissa

Thank you for this Sweetlissa. I'm using my husband's computer (we have only one), and when I come to this site I am automaticaly logged in under my husband's name.... what can I do?

Stella

Stella,
You logout (upper right hand corner) and then register in your own name. Any time you want to login, you just log him out and log in as you.

I don't know if you are computer literate or not, but it is pretty easy to do.

SweetLissa

Thank you SweetLissa. I'm not very good with computers, but I'll ask my husband about this. Thanks for your advice.

Stella

Welcome Stella. I'm a first wife, and I think in a round about way it was my idea that hubby consider a second. She is my cousin and also my best friend of 20plus years. Finding this website was such a blessing. Ask anything ya like, and one (or a hundred) will try to give you an answer. I've found both the men and women on here to be very warm and welcoming.
Clyde

Hello Ladies,

To SweetLissa: I tried to get my own login, but the system won't allow me to do so using my husband's email address. So I'll have to get my own email - a whole new experience for me!!

To Clyde: Thank you for your kind gentle words. May I ask if your cousin is close to you in age? I think most men who take a second wife choose someone much younger than their first wife... am I correct? I am 35, and my husband seeks a second wife in her 20s.

Bless you all!

Stella

In my family T is about 7 years older than I am. Some husbands look for younger but not all. In our family it is the relationship. T and I are close enough in age that we share a lot of common ground. I don't think my age had anything to do with anything.

Sweetlissa

Stella,
My cousin is just a bit less than 5 years younger than me,(she's 40, I just hit 45). To hit the highlights for you, I was so happy with hubby and she was living miserably(very economically depressed area) and I wanted her to be as happy as I was(am). After a debate in Sunday School, the idea of polygamy just grabbed me.I was raised in a Southern Baptist church so you can imagine that polygamy had never entered my mind in a real way. I did some research, and brought the idea up to hubby, and cousin. They both thought I'd lost my mind!! :lol: But, after much praying and soul searching we all came to the conclusion that this would work for us. This isn't a first marriage for any of us, so we've all "been around the track" and knew what to do, or what not to do to make a succuessful marriage. She has an 8 yr old son and none of us are looking to have any more children so younger never really played into it.
Clyde

To Clyde: Thank you for your kind gentle words. May I ask if your cousin is close to you in age? I think most men who take a second wife choose someone much younger than their first wife... am I correct? I am 35, and my husband seeks a second wife in her 20s.

Bless you all!

Stella[/quote]

hello to everyone,
For the Chaplain and I and my best friend "J"(our prospective SisterWife...) I am the youngest of the three of us. I am 47, hubby is 48 and "J" is 51. There is almost 5 years between me and "J". I think we are close enough in age even though "J" teases me about being the baby. She has done this for years well before we even heard of being poly. Who is to say what ages are the best? All I know is that our age difference works for us. Neither The Chaplain or myself would want someone who is much younger than us. None of the three of us want anymore children. We have 8 between us and have 2 grandkids with another on the way. Welcome to the board Stella. I look forward to getting to know you better and to hear your story as well as anyone else on here.
Chaplains Rose

Hello again,
I hope everyone can get a laugh out of this. I have never had this happen before. I don't know what i did but I had two of the same post back to back on here. As you can probably gather I am not a techie. When I saw what I had done I am like where is The Chaplain I know he could fix what I did... but Alas he is in the Gulf of Mexico at work and he would not be very happy with me if I called him and asked him to fix what I had done!! Even Lissa was out of the loop!! But as yall can see I fixed it by myself. Now that makes me SMILE and laugh at myself... :lol:
Chaplains Rose

Stella,
I enjoyed reading this topic, your introduction and all the replies. You say that your h is looking for someone in her 20's...he may be looking for that, but what he will find is what the Lord provides. There are more reasons for insecurity with the possibility of a younger woman, but there are those issues in any age sister-wife as these ladies testify.

Look at it from his point of view, variety is the spice of life. And women are the fragrant spices... one is not diminished by another, unless completely overpowered. It's his job to see that the spices go well together and one does not overpower the other, if he's a good chief chef.

Beta

Just wanted to say hello all, I just joined today and figured this would be a good place to begin getting to know you all.

Kara

Sirena said:
Hi Kara,
Glad to have you here. Love your name, it is exactly the same as my sister. :eek: :cool:

Thanks for the welcome Sirena, it's usually rare to find someone else with my name, at this point I know of only one other person who has this name besides myself and your sister.

Kara

I know a lady in Cyprus with your name...
Welcome Kara. The Lord bless you.

Beta

Back