• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

new member introduction

I have a niece with your name. Nice to meet you Kara. Have I seen you on other boards?

SweetLissa

Hello, my name is Elaine Gypsy but, I've always been called Gypsy.I'm 53 yrs.old today.I have always believed in polygamy as an option for my life,hubby is new to the idea.lol. It actually took a while for him to even consider it but we are praying for a sisterwife to come in God's time.I live out on the feet of the Big Horn mountains in Wyoming but am originally from Harlem, NYC.

Hello Gypsy,

Welcome aboard. I can imagine that Wyoming is different than NYC. How are you coping?

Michelle

Welcome Gypsy! :D

It's nice to have ya here on B.F. Wyoming must be beautiful, my dh and I would like to take a trip out there/out West one day with our three boys. My eldest just turned 18 this past winter, and is going to take some community college classes for a while and then go into the military next summer or fall. Our second son is 12 and our 3rd precious kiddo is 8 turning 9. We had hopes of making the trip earlier in their lives, but oh well God must have better plans down the road. How long have you lived in Wyoming? And Michelle is right, what a change from NY. was it, to Wyoming?!

Would love to hear how you and your dh met, and how God put both you & your dh in agreement about pm. My dh still isn't sure that it's right for him or our family, as he claims his un-dying love and devotion to me alone. He has discussed a little with me, and see's the possible benefits to us all, but says in his heart he's a one woman man. But again he does go back & forth with his feelings on all of that. He has been discussing it more with me, but nothing deep if you will. He just keeps it at the surface level of conversation, but will discuss it with me if I bring it up. As I'm learning and striving to be the Biblical Submissive Helpmeet to my dh, I'm trying to wait for my dh's lead in this as in all things. Would love to hear your shared testimony of how you dh came to agree with pm, does he now feel led of God to seek out a poly family?

Well where you currently live, sounds like a beautiful place to have a poly family! :D In seeking out a sw, just wondering if age has any bearing on your choices? I have a sister your age and one who just turned 50, turning 51 this winter as I just turned 41 this spring, and I also have an older sister who's 56. It would be nice if dh and I ever both get the firm conviction calling from Yeshua to seek out a poly family, to seek out possibly a younger sw than me. I'm 6yr's younger than my dh, but he said he'd possibly consider having more children if we had a younger sw. I'm 41 and he's 46, and we do consider having maybe one more between us. I'm willing to do whatever God calls me to in that area, and would be happy to help my dh and sw raise, love, encourage and train more of my dh's children in the ways of the Lord for Yeshua's kingdom. But anywho, Welcome & Yeshua's Blessings to you and your family!!!! :D I look forward to hearing more of your testimony and all of us having the chance to know you better. Enjoy what's left of summer, and happy trails.

Faithful Servant

Hello,

My name is Ashley. I just recently joined this site. I am considering the possibility of a plural marriage. I am a member of an online dating site, where i stumbled across the profile of a man who seemed to be close to God. I asked him about his story, originally thinking everything he said was crazy. Now, hes changed my entire life, and invited me to join his. He is not married but is also speaking with another woman (well she isnt around much) whom he thought was perfect from day one. I have a lot of questions and hope for some answers on here. thank you!

Ashley,

Welcome! Feel free to ask anything you like. There is a lot of Godly wisdom shared here.

Michelle

Hello gals, I thought I would take the time to say hello here to you all. This is my third attempt at doing this. Anyways, Hubby and I have been studying and interested in polygyny for about two years now. I am very happy to be here. We attended the New Year’s retreat and enjoyed it very much. I am very, very interested in getting to talk to you all and getting to know you, especially the ones living it out. I need to go now and put little people to bed. I am going to rest too and let my brain thaw out. When we came back from New Year’s retreat we found eight inches of snow and there have been 4 more and today they are calling for more!! Hey Julie, Nathan said something about being called by God to share your home, got room for more?

Hi Denise,
I am afraid the "Bender Hotel" is full at the moment. But after my guests leave in several months then I am totally open for anyone who wants to have a weeks Florida vacation. Interested?? :D

Julieb

So, you have a name now "The Bender Hotel", eh Julie? ;) Maybe you should start keeping a 'guest registry' :cool: Things could get pretty interesting......................

All kidding aside, I pray God will bless you many-fold for your kindness and hospitality!!!

Shari

Hello all!

I'm Gidgit, hubby and I have been married 12 years and living a plural marriage was actually my idea for us. It's something we have joked about for a few years since i have a few single girl friends that would come visit us when we lived in South Texas. Now that we are in North Oklahoma we have come to the conclusion that God's will for our family is to add a 2nd wife my best friend of 25 years.

She and I have been like sister for that long and love each other. Hubby and she have been courting and sort of having a long distance relationship for 2 years. She is moving here with us next month and we are going to have a commitment ceremony.

I was raised Southern Baptist and none of my family knows about us feeling called to have a PM. We are praying for God to reveal to us how to address this with our families or if we are even supposed to. We are not close to some of dh's family.

I am so glad to have found BF!

Greetings, Gidget! Thanks for sharing. We wish you much success on your new path of PM. What a great things to have your BF join your family. I hope we can be a support for you once you do decide to tell the family.

Blessings,
Julieb

Hi there,

My name is Mary. :) I am married to the man of my dreams, and interested in meeting pro-poly families and singles interested in supporting polygany. We are not sure it is for us yet, but we are missionaries and have worked in Africa where Polygamy is common. We are Messianic and conservative, young and poor. lol Love to make friends!

julieb said:
Greetings, Gidget! Thanks for sharing. We wish you much success on your new path of PM. What a great things to have your BF join your family. I hope we can be a support for you once you do decide to tell the family.

Blessings,
Julieb

Thank you so much Julie! We are in the process of opening a bakery and we know that some point we are going to have to disclose our PM to our families. I mean we are planing a trip to family reunions and a wedding this year so it should be fun and interesting!

Marashah said:
Hi there,

My name is Mary. :) I am married to the man of my dreams, and interested in meeting pro-poly families and singles interested in supporting polygany. We are not sure it is for us yet, but we are missionaries and have worked in Africa where Polygamy is common. We are Messianic and conservative, young and poor. lol Love to make friends!

Hello, Mary! I hope you enjoy the fellowship here, I know I do. I am also married to the man of my dreams, and he has taken a second wife, as well. Hope to hear from you in the future!

Hello Ladies,

I hope I am doing this right, but I just joined today and wanted to introduce myself. Actually, my husband and I have been on this website frequently for years, and have been in touch via email to Nathan and others, and we have been getting the newsletters for a long time. But I never actually registered.

My husband and I are very much looking forward to going to the West Coast Conference later this year, and so if any of you are going to be there, please let me know so that we can meet! I'm really looking forward to it!

Hubbie and I have been looking for a sisterwife for the past couple of years, which is why we found this website. We live in CA and it is definitely not an excepted practice here - less so than other places in the country. If you look at the biblicalfamilies.org map that shows where the members are, you will see that while the rest of the country has members scattered around, the West Coast has absolutely nothing - it's kind of crazy that they are so anti-pm here when they are so open to everything else! We have gay rights centers everywhere, gay pride parades in many major cities (L.A had theirs last weekend, Long Beach had theirs last month, and I know San Fransisco has one coming up - and there is always a huge turnout to all of them), Christian churches everywhere that have gay and lesbian pastors that perform "commitment ceremonies" for the gay, lesbian, and trans-gender community, and yet you walk into those churches as a practitioner of plural marriage and you are in trouble! Doesn't make sense to me, but like my husband says, "it is what it is!". Anyway, finding a Godly sisterwife in this area is very difficult so we have been praying that God will give us direction.

For me, personally, I just wanted to get on this forum to talk to other women who are already in a plural marriage so that I can finally have communication with like minded people and not have to feel condemned! So thank you, Biblicalfamilies.org, for giving us this forum to come to for the fellowship and friendship that we need!

God bless all of you, and I look forward to getting to know you all.

Love in Christ,
Cb

Hello, Cb. Glad you're here. My husband has recently taken a second wife, and I'm so very thankful for the great amount of support from this forum. Hope it is a blessing to you as well!

Katie

Hello, my name is Christine I live in Florida. I am just now branching out into the poly lifestyle. I have been married and now separated for 3 years I am currently in a divorce... I have always thought about being in a polygamous relationship, just never took that step. I am in the process of searching and praying for a family. I am a single mom of a beautiful 5 year old girl who keeps me pretty busy:) I also work full time and attend college... I look forward to making new friends and hopeful to find long lasting connections!!

Back