• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Nice guy versus Jerk?

It cracks me up to see what some men think women want or like. TOTALLY appreciate my husband not being a jerk. Makes me want to serve him and please him MORE when he’s nice.:p

It cracks me up to see what some men think women want or like. TOTALLY appreciate my husband not being a jerk. Makes me want to serve him and please him MORE when he’s nice.:p

Seriously! That's completely how I feel! Also, I think it's hard to qualify as 'loving' if you're intentionally being a jerk in hopes to manipulate someone into satisfying your needs.

Last edited:
You're right, being nice is so attractive, nice guys are just totally cleaning it up with women. /s

Tell your woman she can't do something she really wants to (but is wrong) and it's quite likely she'll call you a jerk (or think it). But it's not unloving or manipulative and may even make her more attracted to you.

There is more going on than the usual Christian niceness is next to Godliness point of view can understand.

Having lost a couple of relationships, one of them a marriage, because I wouldn’t kowtow to them, I would say that not all women can be assumed to be the same.

I am firmly who I am, but the ones that have stayed think that I’m a nice guy.

My opinion

Nice = pleasant; agreeable;
Jerk = an unlikable person especially : one who is cruel, rude, or small-minded

The Truth is not always pleasant or agreeable, but it is also not cruel, rude, or small minded.

It's true that promoting men being jerks does promote a form of patriarchy. If all the men decided to be cruel and rude to our women we'd have patriarchy overnight... just kinda a Saudi Arabian one I think. Maybe they do bite their lips under their veil, but I think it's missing a key component of what we want to convey in the memes. The connotation of the word Jerk sure hits in the area of "Strong, Dominant, Confidant", but in a purposefully negative way that I don't think is helpful.

my 2 cents.

I can tell you that back when my life was revolving around pleasing @Mrs. Pacman I would definitely have been labeled as a "nice guy" and she had very little respect for me and also very little attraction.

Six and a half years ago I made some major changes to our family and became more loving but less "nice" the respect and attraction has increased exponentially...

I would think it best that the originator of this thread provide the initial definition.

Back