• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Non GMO organic gardening

I used to really like Baker Creek (outside of the insane prices) but after the way Jere handled covid... really made me change my tune.

I'm not sure if he just got really scared of covid or of losing his left of center customer base. Either way, they shut everything down for nearly two years and only did mail order. Honestly, I thought he would stand up to the social order since he always seemed like a free spirit but he did not.

[Edit - HERE'S THE FULL VIDEO ON HIS PATREON FOR FREE https://www.patreon.com/posts/63180365 ]

Zac did a few videos and posts on the memo BC gave to their employees. This video doesn't share much, but read the pinned comment and also see the 2-page memo on his "community tab" ... it was 6 months ago, but he hardly has anything in his community section, so it's easy to find.
Sandy A
I received this back today. Michelle Johnson (Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Co) Mar 7, 2022, 8:31 CST Baker Creek does not -- and has not ever -- required COVID 19 vaccinations for employees, nor have we required routine COVID tests. The memo you have attached was prepared as we anticipated the possibility of having to comply with an OSHA federal emergency rule that would have required vaccine-or-test. That rule was struck down by the Supreme Court, as you likely know, making the preparations outlined in this memo unnecessary. As a responsible employer, Baker Creek understood that the issue of vaccination was - and is - a matter of considerable concern to our workers, and we were trying to prepare them for the possibility that a required federal rule could go into effect, and to spell out the changes that would mean for them. Please note that the emergency rule would not have required employees to be vaccinated, but it would have required unvaccinated workers to undergo regular testing. Baker Creek, and any other company of more than 100 employees, would have faced hefty fines for noncompliance. This OSHA emergency rule never went into effect. This memo is moot. Our employees continue to have the freedom to choose whether or not to receive the COVID-19 vaccination, no routine testing is in place, and at this point we do not require masks in any of our facilities, though people are of course free to wear them if they choose. I hope this clarifies the matter for you. Kindest regards, Michelle Johnson Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Co.

Sandy A
I received this back today. Michelle Johnson (Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Co) Mar 7, 2022, 8:31 CST Baker Creek does not -- and has not ever -- required COVID 19 vaccinations for employees, nor have we required routine COVID tests. The memo you have attached was prepared as we anticipated the possibility of having to comply with an OSHA federal emergency rule that would have required vaccine-or-test. That rule was struck down by the Supreme Court, as you likely know, making the preparations outlined in this memo unnecessary. As a responsible employer, Baker Creek understood that the issue of vaccination was - and is - a matter of considerable concern to our workers, and we were trying to prepare them for the possibility that a required federal rule could go into effect, and to spell out the changes that would mean for them. Please note that the emergency rule would not have required employees to be vaccinated, but it would have required unvaccinated workers to undergo regular testing. Baker Creek, and any other company of more than 100 employees, would have faced hefty fines for noncompliance. This OSHA emergency rule never went into effect. This memo is moot. Our employees continue to have the freedom to choose whether or not to receive the COVID-19 vaccination, no routine testing is in place, and at this point we do not require masks in any of our facilities, though people are of course free to wear them if they choose. I hope this clarifies the matter for you. Kindest regards, Michelle Johnson Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Co.
I remember where Zac was upset is that they would comply at all with the federal vaccine-or-test rule instead of fighting it. I mean, just because it's [<--anything] a federal law does not mean we as believers should just bow and say, "Ok". I'll admit I could be remembering some of his deal wrong, but I do remember my thinking at the time he released those videos and posts was that I'd never comply to that law because I'm fundamentally against it - against even being required to get a test for it to keep my job. It was about power and control from the very beginning, and I was against it from the beginning. If I happened to work at BC and the law passed that I had to be jabbed or tested, I would not allow either one. I'd have to either compromise in a way I'm just not comfortable with [I'm not known to compromise!], or quit and find another way of earning a living.

However ... I definitely would not condemn anyone for choosing to get tested in order to keep their job. That's their business, not mine. I'm just so much against it [the reasons behind it] that I wouldn't.

I pray that came off peaceful. Shabbat Shalom!

Our Mutsu apples are interesting this year. There are fewer of them but they're HUGE! They're also a bit less starchy than last year which is nice.

We're still picking blackberries. I've put up most of it for pies but will hold some filling back for Hamantaschen cookies in March.
We have a Mutsu tree here. They are usually good and big apples. We planted a lot of different apple varieties. One advantage is they aren't all ripe at the same time, another is that you can blend varieties to tame the sour or zip up the sweet.

Maybe next year we will get a fruit crop again.

We just brought our winter squash in. Made some pies with these Sweet Fall squashes that were very good, but these are a sweet treat without sugar and are as sweet as a good sweet potato.

Back