• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Notre Dame Cathedral Burns

That reminded me of something I read earlier today...
The Kaaba in Mecca was once a temple to the Nabatean deity Hubal. A former ancient Egyptian pagan temple in Luxor was covered with the Abu Haggag mosque. Of course there's the Dome of the Rock on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, the Hagia Sophia in Constantinople, and the attempted so-called "ground zero mosque" in NYC. There's even a fringe theory that the Taj Mahal was originally a Hindu temple. So that would be completely in line with their historical Modus Operandi.

I was just looking at some pictures of the burning and saw something, so I did a Google search, and sure enough...
https://www.google.com/search?q=notre+dame+gargoyles
Yuck!
One of the stories that came up in that search has this excerpt, which I'm adding to the list of unintentional double meanings in the reporting (if you'll pardon the 'French')

"A cock... was found in the debris with significant damage." (they mean a rooster!!!) :eek::oops:

I was just looking at some pictures of the burning and saw something, so I did a Google search, and sure enough...
https://www.google.com/search?q=notre+dame+gargoyles
Yuck!
I followed your link, and this article showed up in the feed. I just copied the first paragraph.

“On Thursday - just days before the historic Notre-Dame Cathedral in Paris, France became engulfed in a massive fire - a group of religious statues was taken down from the top of the building for the first time in over a century as a part of repairs to the building's spire, the Associated Press reports.”

That’s quite the coincidence.

The fires hadn't been burning but a couple of hours and the French authorities had already declared they were opening an investigation of it as an accident. Reminds me of 911 when the media was declaring Osama bin Laudin the culprit before the towers had even fell. Narrative over truth; which is why Fox News was hanging up on guests who challenged that narrative.

In normal times you'd think, oh construction accident. But when last year 875 churches were attacked, when last month there was an arson attack against the second largest church in France, when every day at least 2 churches are hit, the rust to call it an accident isn't credible.

Even if the Mussies didn't do it, they're cheering its destruction and had tried to attack the site before.

I've heard a couple youtubers say that the fire started in two different locations (which means arson), but I haven't been able to find corroboration on that yet.

The media I found previously quoted authorities saying who was behind the string of church attacks was a mystery. Yet they actually arrested two teenage girls who were caught setting one on fire. No mention of their association which speaks volumes. And in another case a Pakistani immigrant was convicted of a church attack. But these things have a long history...

The most high-profile attack on a church in France came in 2016 when a pair of Islamic radical jihadists attacked and killed priest Jacques Hamel while he was giving mass. The year before, French authorities foiled a similar plot by an Algerian migrant who was planning to attack churches in Paris with military-grade weapons.

GettyImages-1137554812.jpg

AP_19106613312281.jpg

I just realized that this is the first “Catholic” cross Ive seen where Jesus wasn’t on it.
They have a detachable Jesus that they don’t put on until Friday?

Saw something this morning about a car found near the cathedral with cans of gasoline and documents in Arabic. Anyone else see anything like that?

Apparent Muslim seen walking around tower during the fire...

Sure looks like traditional Muslim garb. Apparently there were no construction workers on site and the firemen wear bright red.

Turkey celebrates. More from PJW on the three groups that have been caught celebrating online.

Can't remember if I posted this before but priest who works at Notre Dame reported to a TIME columnist it was intentionally set...

Capture.png

Meanwhile leftists think the fire is "an act of liberation" and that the rebuilding of Notre Dame should not reflect “a non-secular, white European France,” but should instead be “a reflection of the France of today, a France that is currently in the making.”

A guess they want to make it into a mosque or something.

I heard that the Government actually owns it and that it is given to the RCC to use.
But I couldn’t find anything to back that up.

So this might be too soon, I thought it was, but my husband was at work all day and didn't hear about the burning. I informed him when he got home from work. Keep in mind he doesn't like to hear sad news at all and will always say something funny to lighten a room, and I catch him often watching a lot of kid movies (kinda like Tony the Tiger eating Frosted Flakes--they're great!) I seriously think he needs to do stand-up comedy. Well, later that night I was reading a book in bed. He came in the bedroom Quasimodo-like over to the side of my bed and said, "Hey, darling, I'm looking for a new place to live." Although so wrong and too soon, I couldn't stop laughing."

I heard that the Government actually owns it and that it is given to the RCC to use.
But I couldn’t find anything to back that up.
Yes, it does belong to the government. Thanks for pointing that out, that's fascinating to investigate. As far as I can see:
Prior to 1789, Roman Catholicism was the state religion, and I think the church and state were so intertwined that the question of which one owned a property may not have been clearly defined.
During the French Revolution, Notre Dame was seized by by the new National Assembly and the church was made a branch of the government and subservient to it. Notre Dame was actually rededicated to the "Cult of Reason" and ransacked. It ended up being used as a warehouse for food storage.
In 1801, Napolean re-established Catholicism as the state religion and handed the wrecked building back to the church. It was later restored, I think at the King's expense.
In 1905 the French government once again declared France as a secular country. All church buildings were declared the property of the State, but were granted to the various churches for their use for free, though remaining the property of the government. I believe the government continued to pay for the maintenance of Notre Dame for many years, although recently maintenance was covered by charity.

So in summary, it's a government building and always has been, just with that ownership defined in different ways. And given the government seems to have largely paid for building, rebuilding and maintenance through much of history, that's actually understandable from a secular legal perspective, even though it disagrees with its dedication to God.

Today the government owns it and simply grants the Catholic church the right to use it. They could easily reassign it to a different group or a different religion entirely, probably completely within the existing 1905 law.

Yes, it does belong to the government. Thanks for pointing that out, that's fascinating to investigate. As far as I can see:
Prior to 1789, Roman Catholicism was the state religion, and I think the church and state were so intertwined that the question of which one owned a property may not have been clearly defined.
During the French Revolution, Notre Dame was seized by by the new National Assembly and the church was made a branch of the government and subservient to it. Notre Dame was actually rededicated to the "Cult of Reason" and ransacked. It ended up being used as a warehouse for food storage.
In 1801, Napolean re-established Catholicism as the state religion and handed the wrecked building back to the church. It was later restored, I think at the King's expense.
In 1905 the French government once again declared France as a secular country. All church buildings were declared the property of the State, but were granted to the various churches for their use for free, though remaining the property of the government. I believe the government continued to pay for the maintenance of Notre Dame for many years, although recently maintenance was covered by charity.

So in summary, it's a government building and always has been, just with that ownership defined in different ways. And given the government seems to have largely paid for building, rebuilding and maintenance through much of history, that's actually understandable from a secular legal perspective, even though it disagrees with its dedication to God.

Today the government owns it and simply grants the Catholic church the right to use it. They could easily reassign it to a different group or a different religion entirely, probably completely within the existing 1905 law.
Go Samuel!
Thanx!

More hard evidence that it was arson...

BREAKING: NOTRE DAME CHIEF ARCHITECT SAYS THIS WAS NO ACCIDENT

The architect says there was no renovation at the site where the fire first broke out. This excludes welding conspiracy theories etc. Furthermore, the architect says 800-year-old oak does not catch fire without an accelerent. Security protocols were put in place to prevent this type of catastrophe according to numerous reports...
No lack of suspects for this terror attack either... deep state, antifa, or other terror groups.

I can easily believe accelerate was involved, it spread really fast. I haven't found the original source video or a translation thereof yet. Other notes from video:

Two different alarms went off. The evacuated after the first alarm but found no fire (failed to take?). A second alarm went off 20 minutes later; while the firefighters were still there. Begs question how it was allowed to get out of control.

Workers gone before fire started. Although news scroller on video says that migrant workers were on site at the time.

They had electronic heat and smoke sensors all over the place...they are what triggered the alarms. They knew exactly where the fire was.

Found the original...

But I don't know French. I ran the youtube auto translation of the french through google translation...well I can confirm that is who is being talked to, and they talked about that, but the translation too poor to make out much.

Sure looks like traditional Muslim garb. Apparently there were no construction workers on site and the firemen wear bright red.
So I believe this particular video at least has been found in full context, and debunked as actually just being a firefighter. (hopefully the Google translate link works). I think the Hale tweet was also recalled as being based on faulty information, which is easy to happen in this kind of situation. The flash in the other video also doesn't mean a whole lot without further context. I'd be careful about placing too much stock in alleged "obvious" evidence that seems to good to be true, which will likely turn out to be false.

OTOH, the recent string of church desecrations indicate an emerging pattern, and demonstrate that there are multiple groups that might have motives (not just Islamic). And of course, there's no incentive for the French government to admit if it were arson, so we likely will never know for sure.

What the architect says is certainly interesting, regarding the need for an accelerant, the recent replacement of the electrical system, and the location the fire started. Though I'd like to hear independant verification.

The I, Pet Goat 2 thing is extremely creepy. Especially since I'd just happened to stumble across it on my own a few days before the fire, so the image of the crumbling church spire was fresh in my subconscious when I watched the real one. And now I'm getting weirded out by predictive programming.

It is a shame, but considering how France fell to the revolutionaries all those years ago, I cant say I particularly pity them. Slaughter believers, burn churches, overthrow God-ordained authorities, and it wont be long until your country is handed over to the heathen and your beautiful temples cast down.

Oh wait. Why does this sound familiar? :/

It is a shame, but considering how France fell to the revolutionaries all those years ago, I cant say I particularly pity them. Slaughter believers, burn churches, overthrow God-ordained authorities, and it wont be long until your country is handed over to the heathen and your beautiful temples cast down.

Oh wait. Why does this sound familiar? :/
I was called alot of unkind names the other day when I said Nortre Dame burning was a good thing and if it turns out Muslims did it even better. For too long the Christian Religion, as a whole, has gone without true persecution. I don't consider Atheist and liberals mocking believers or attempting to manipulate secular institutions persecution. This has caused the assembly to become lazy and complacent. Bloated with the unrepentant who think that because they said the magic Jesus phrase and went swimming in a bathtub that they can continue living the lives they were living in the same manner, and lukewarm believers. War separates the Men from the boys. Persecution separates the faithful from the pretender.

Mathew 3:7-12

“You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? Therefore produce fruit worthy of repentance; and do not think that you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father’! For I tell you that from these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. Already the axe is laid at the root of the trees; therefore every tree that does not produce good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire! As for me, I immerse you in water for repentance. But the One coming after me is mightier than I am; I am not worthy to carry His sandals. He will immerse you in the Ruach ha-Kodesh and fire. His winnowing fork is in His hand, and He shall clear His threshing floor and gather His wheat into the barn; but the chaff He shall burn up with inextinguishable fire.”

Ok ya that's a lot better quality of video; show's it is a firefighter or some other emergency personnel.

The I, Pet Goat 2 thing is extremely creepy. Especially since I'd just happened to stumble across it on my own a few days before the fire, so the image of the crumbling church spire was fresh in my subconscious when I watched the real one. And now I'm getting weirded out by predictive programming.

Ok I totally missed that, what is this pet Goat thing you're talking about?

there's no incentive for the French government to admit if it were arson, so we likely will never know for sure.

Ya there is very very strong incentive to declare this accidental and cover up anything to the contrary. Which is why they were already saying it was accidental just 2 hrs into the fire. We can pretty much be certain that whatever the truth is, what the government will tell us isn't it.

Back