• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Numbers 30 authority?

I'm just using an example. My point is that authority carries the ability to compel obedience at least to an extent...
I understand, but my contrasting point would be to understand that there is a DIFFERENCE between "Authority" and raw Power. Most dictators, including the senile AmeriKan Imposter, may have the latter, but not the former.

Authority comes from YHVH. Whether is is an anointed King or cohen, or the head of a house. But the kind of power that compels self-destruction by "voluntary" submission to a lethal injection, or "allowing" one's children to be chemically castrated (or worse), or to the kind of coercion that leads to 'rendering unto Caesar' that which actually ISN'T his, to taking the Mark, or even just 'gifting; fake fiat money in support of the Beast, isn't Authority from Him.

The question is about a woman coming under the headship of a man without becoming his wife. This is a very unusual situation. Obviously it is common for widows to remarry, and a widow most certainly has the authority over herself to choose what man to marry, without needing her father's permission. Scripture clearly discusses single widows, and remarrying widows, both situations being acceptable and well understood.

Are you truly considering joining the family of a man and coming under his headship without becoming his wife - the very niche situation described in this thread? Or did you misunderstand the question?
I was addressing your comment about it being hypothetical... it is an issue in today's society.

Stop paying taxes and let me know if the irs can compel obedience 😉
Doesn't mean compelling is morally right.

Only that compelled person has decided that obedience is more in his interest that otherwise.

Deals made under threat aren't binding by both law and ethics.

Our post enlightenment, satanic, hyper-individualist society hates authority. But God established the authorities. And that applies to fathers and husbands just as much as it does to kings.

Back