• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Oh hell no!

That would be difficult to assess.

More draft cards were burned during WWII than were burned during the Vietnam conflict.

Total, or percentage? Stats?
I don't know; it's just something I learned in college when I was toying with the idea of being a C.O. until my pulled number turned out to be 225. More demonstrations were held during Vietnam, with hundreds of thousands of people attending those events, but very few people actually carried out the burning of their cards (much like John Kerry buying someone else's dog tags in order to make a big show of throwing them over the White House fence), because the mass demonstrations didn't occur until a law was passed with really stiff penalties (the first person convicted got a 2-year sentence), whereas the first such demonstration during WWII resulted in 500 actual real cards being burned in front of newspaper cameras.

My dad had to deal with federal department for a while. He realized that about 90% of the people in that department were completely unnecessary. The department was always a pain to have to deal with and the people working there were rude and would intentionally harass, and be a general nuisance to the public who had to deal with the department for permits and such. So, my dad started writing letters to the higher ups explaining the situation and that most of the people there did absolutely nothing. A couple months later he had to go back in there, and low and behold the four floors that were completely packed with non-essential workers had been reduced to about 8 people, on one floor... and they were SUPER friendly and helpful. Sometimes it takes an outsider making a scene to get the big wigs to cut out the fiscal rot.

they were just relocated to other departments *wink

it could happen that 'they' begin requiring the young to complete a time of 'service' such as other countries do with two year mandatory military service, you know they can write their brains like they have done in the college settings.
so the draft for both males, females, (or however each person relates to their self blah blah blah) would help 'them' siphon out the ones they have to chase down vs the easily led
...etc etc etc

so the draft for both males, females, (or however each person relates to their self blah blah blah) would help 'them' siphon out the ones they have to chase down vs the easily led
...etc etc etc
So if a person identified as non-binary it could skip the draft?

p.s. in my town there is a restaurant with bathrooms labeled "whatever you are"

not whoever
not whatever you were at birth,
not whatever you will be at death

WHAT.ARE. you ...?

oh now i didn't think of that exactly...
yet another curveball

i figured male AND female, in my mind that covered all bases, but perhaps not
Oh, I agree. God made only male and female. The whole gender transitioning thing is BS by the satanically motivated.

p.s. in my town there is a restaurant with bathrooms labeled "whatever you are"

not whoever
not whatever you were at birth,
not whatever you will be at death

WHAT.ARE. you ...?
I’d hate to use the facilities after someone has been in there who identifies as a horse.

js

Are you making the point that drafting today’s youth would be just as successful as it was back in the 40’s?

I'm making the point that we always underestimate the youth. The primary problem with our youth is they've been coddled. Put them into a situation where they man up or wash out and they'll change in a hurry.

It might be just as successful. Or might not. This isn't the same country anymore.

there seems to be a small? core of youth that are somewhat groomed to fight for their own perceived "freedoms"
they may be tough enough to survive a couple hundred years tucked up in the hills of the backcountry, reproducing and eating less altered foods as a whole ...

what are we contributing now to that remnant, i wonder
g

Back