• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Okay, hear me out... Absence of Polygamy sex stories

Maybe worth reading?
I read the excerpt: basically the Babs Whiting character was a Mormon wife who was taken by the police and put into foster care (an "evangelical" family) where she was raped daily until she goes to college; that's as far as the excerpt goes, but the description of the series says Babs Whiting is a "wife of no man and lover to all". So yeah, probably "poly" means polyamory. Just another atheist trying to be "creative".
I'd rather get stuck back into writing my own poly story.
I hope you finish it! I want to write one too. I was thinking of writing a children's book that includes it as well - not like "hey, kids, this is why anti-polygynism is vestigial pagan tripe", just including it in the story; though you could also do a children's book about anti-polygynistic prejudice of course.

I read the excerpt: basically the Babs Whiting character was a Mormon wife who was taken by the police and put into foster care (an "evangelical" family) where she was raped daily until she goes to college; that's as far as the excerpt goes, but the description of the series says Babs Whiting is a "wife of no man and lover to all". So yeah, probably "poly" means polyamory. Just another atheist trying to be "creative".
Woah. That I did not read.

I hope you finish it! I want to write one too. I was thinking of writing a children's book that includes it as well - not like "hey, kids, this is why anti-polygynism is vestigial pagan tripe", just including it in the story; though you could also do a children's book about anti-polygynistic prejudice of course.
That would be great if you did that! I've written a few chapters of one poly book. I have 3 in my head right now that I could write if, ya know, I had 5 minutes or so lol. Plus, plenty I've dismissed over the years for various reasons.

Try searching cuckqeaning stories.

Cuckquean is woman who get "excited" when her man sleeps with another girl. It's female version of cuckcold.

Be advised, cuckqueans come in two forms: humiliation and compersive.
Humiliation type can be found more easily because they "get off" when another people know.
Compersive takes pleasure when her man takes pleasure (for example: imagine your kid hugging brother/sister).

There is also www.tvtropes.com. For each trope there are examples.
For this thread interesting tropes are harem, "marry them all" and "one true threesome" (only ffm examples)

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HaremGenre
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MarryThemAll
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OneTrueThreesome

I'd rather get stuck back into writing my own poly story. One day I may even finish it, when my kids have left home lol.

I had a dream once. It was a story about a married family man missionary who was on a mission trip somewhere among the island nations and there was a plane crash and he was stranded alone on this paradise island with this beautiful single missionary girl and he held off as long as he could, but they were never getting rescued and so they made a life for themselves and had a baby and it was paradise. And then they got found. And rescued. And he has to tell his wife that he took this other wife now has a child and after much prayer and scripture study and despite "friends" and relatives, they resolve it with polygamy and live happily ever after. I figured there would be a lot of opportunity to throw in scriptural arguments in interesting ways as the characters wrestled with the issues and society.

Anyway, never got around to writing it. Maybe someday.

I had a dream once. It was a story about a married family man missionary who was on a mission trip somewhere among the island nations and there was a plane crash and he was stranded alone on this paradise island with this beautiful single missionary girl and he held off as long as he could, but they were never getting rescued and so they made a life for themselves and had a baby and it was paradise. And then they got found. And rescued. And he has to tell his wife that he took this other wife now has a child and after much prayer and scripture study and despite "friends" and relatives, they resolve it with polygamy and live happily ever after. I figured there would be a lot of opportunity to throw in scriptural arguments in interesting ways as the characters wrestled with the issues and society.

Sounds like a version of The Blue Lagoon which I think is a beautiful story even if the movie was really bad.

Right, like I'm guessing you don't see many stories about loving, fulfilling monogamous relationships that feature a married couple who has been together for a couple of decades finding sexual fulfillment with each other. Neither situation is actually taboo or salacious, no matter how much people who are against poly would like to paint it as such.

I like the point about a salacious situation so cheers for that @UntoldGlory
Not that I am weighing in on this topic though. Not really something I am apt to discuss in an open forum. More that I have been thinking about people trying to go through the singles sites/plig dating thing and being reminded that salacious intent or the desire to be titillated seems to be driving the bus.
The physical or the imagined physical is grand but honestly it doesn't hold a family together, put dinner on the table or heads together planning out how to deal with a changing world as a united front.

Yeah, I know. Buzzkill

Sounds like a version of The Blue Lagoon which I think is a beautiful story even if the movie was really bad.

It is. It was.

I was 18 when that movie came out and I had a nice date with a girl at the time who really wanted to go see it. So it brings back fond memories for me. Maybe that is why my story is similar? :)

You're retired now... what's the hold up?

You're retired now... what's the hold up?

Writers block? Too many other good things to do?

I think I am still in kind of a rut from getting un-expectantly laid off last year. My old job contacted me about coming back last week, so who knows what the future holds?

I recently asked about polygyny love stories in a group of women book readers I'm in. The word to use for searching is harem, which hadn't occurred to me but makes total sense. Unfortunately this ended up with a whole load of junk and dodgy stuff for miles.
The one book that got recommended to me by a bunch of women in the group I did buy and read. It's called Sisterwives for the Orc.

A brief summary: Stephanie plays a game where she gets transported to another world (think - jumanji), and ends up married to an orc with 3 other wives. She has to learn how to assimilate herself into their life and family in order to complete the game and then make a decision at the end as to whether she'll go home or not.

This is not the type of book I would usually read at all. It's orcs and humans which is weird enough. The beginning was not great and I was getting so frustrated that I wasn't sure about finishing the book at all, because it was super sex heavy. I don't like reading about that so I was flicking through page after page after page, wondering if there was going to actually be any story rather than just what they did in bed. After that initial session it gets much better as they just mention that sex happened and move on. There is a lot of talk about it between wives and the husband throughout the book.

The character development is really good, and the relationships between the women are fantastic. All the women are very different and have very unique personalities that come across well. The key theme is commitment and loyalty to your husband and family. They don't do jealousy as it's something that rips a family apart so it's not allowed. There are no issues with sharing. There are children aplenty and babies are a welcome blessing to the family.

The author has written lots of other books but none with sisterwives. It seems she dabbles in all sorts of stuff. The main character in this book began playing the game with 2 other women, though they are separated right at the beginning. The other two women have their own books, and it looks like one ends up in a relationship with 3 men. I say men... ones a dragon shifter, ones an elf, and the other is a direwolf (I think... I have no idea what that is). So yeah, that's the kind of stuff she writes.

I recently asked about polygyny love stories in a group of women book readers I'm in. The word to use for searching is harem, which hadn't occurred to me but makes total sense. Unfortunately this ended up with a whole load of junk and dodgy stuff for miles.
The one book that got recommended to me by a bunch of women in the group I did buy and read. It's called Sisterwives for the Orc.

A brief summary: Stephanie plays a game where she gets transported to another world (think - jumanji), and ends up married to an orc with 3 other wives. She has to learn how to assimilate herself into their life and family in order to complete the game and then make a decision at the end as to whether she'll go home or not.

This is not the type of book I would usually read at all. It's orcs and humans which is weird enough. The beginning was not great and I was getting so frustrated that I wasn't sure about finishing the book at all, because it was super sex heavy. I don't like reading about that so I was flicking through page after page after page, wondering if there was going to actually be any story rather than just what they did in bed. After that initial session it gets much better as they just mention that sex happened and move on. There is a lot of talk about it between wives and the husband throughout the book.

The character development is really good, and the relationships between the women are fantastic. All the women are very different and have very unique personalities that come across well. The key theme is commitment and loyalty to your husband and family. They don't do jealousy as it's something that rips a family apart so it's not allowed. There are no issues with sharing. There are children aplenty and babies are a welcome blessing to the family.

The author has written lots of other books but none with sisterwives. It seems she dabbles in all sorts of stuff. The main character in this book began playing the game with 2 other women, though they are separated right at the beginning. The other two women have their own books, and it looks like one ends up in a relationship with 3 men. I say men... ones a dragon shifter, ones an elf, and the other is a direwolf (I think... I have no idea what that is). So yeah, that's the kind of stuff she writes.

Thanks for the summary, Sarah!

Glad this thread was randomly resurrected. I’ve done a little of this type of writing, but it generally gets bogged down in too much too soon. I did read a great series on Amazon called undercover sister wife and started another series by the same author called Colorado sister wives. They are both from the woman’s perspective and not really geared towards the man and what he is thinking/feeling but it was an entertaining read. Outside of that it was just Prince of Sumba I believe written by Don Milton, but the story kinda stops after he gets the women so it’s not really a “novel” more of a teaching tool with a story woven in. I do feel that writing and publishing more polygyny stories where righteous men have more than one wife will help to normalize the concept, just look at the way the LGBTQA+ movement has taken the west. If we were able to get more pictures, advertisements, stories, movies and TV, or even fanfiction rewriting of popular shows to include poly that would help answer questions for people and take some of the weird out of it for folks.

Here’s the authors Amazon page

I would pay money to watch that movie

So Island of the Blue Dolphins meets Mover Over, Darling?

I think you have the ability to write a wonderful fiction book on the subject of polygyny. You and Samuel have a lot of godly wisdom, and understanding. The two of you collaborating on something like that sounds awesome. Just a thought 🤔

I think you have the ability to write a wonderful fiction book on the subject of polygyny. You and Samuel have a lot of godly wisdom, and understanding. The two of you collaborating on something like that sounds awesome. Just a thought 🤔
Thank you! I would love to do this. I'm hampered by it being real enough without actually having any experience in the area though. I think I'd need to give it to a bunch of women in plural marriages so they can laugh at me because I come at it wearing rose coloured glasses lol.

I'm currently trying to write a book (the first one I am determined to finish) for my children about time travelling children. You thought they built castles in Britain to keep out people? Nope, it was to keep out dinosaurs....

Thank you! I would love to do this. I'm hampered by it being real enough without actually having any experience in the area though. I think I'd need to give it to a bunch of women in plural marriages so they can laugh at me because I come at it wearing rose coloured glasses lol.

I'm currently trying to write a book (the first one I am determined to finish) for my children about time travelling children. You thought they built castles in Britain to keep out people? Nope, it was to keep out dinosaurs....
I bet Megan would be willing to help. 👍

I don't think you need plural marriage experience to write a book. Just imagination.

My understanding of good fiction is that is must have same sort of hero journey. Hero must somehow grow as character. And polygyny provides more opportunities for this than normal monogamous marriage.

Possible plot stories:
1. Wife's sister/cousin/friend who nobody wants
2. Inmature man too quick to marry
3. Financial problem causing family stress
4. Searching for new wife
5. There is always child making problem in family with 20+ children

Back