• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Okay, hear me out... Absence of Polygamy sex stories

I don't think you need plural marriage experience to write a book. Just imagination.
Please
No

Fantasy can be very entertaining, but this movement is already too filled with it. People will accept it as reality.

Please
No

Fantasy can be very entertaining, but this movement is already too filled with it. People will accept it as reality.
I agree to a certain extent. But I also think people understand that fiction is fiction. Most people aren't reading books thinking that this is like reality, or even if it is, it's just slightly off and fantastical. I actually have the problem of wanting what I write to be too real, and I have to remember that as a writer I can make up whatever story and setting I want and that can be completely true in my world.

I agree to a certain extent. But I also think people understand that fiction is fiction. Most people aren't reading books thinking that this is like reality, or even if it is, it's just slightly off and fantastical. I actually have the problem of wanting what I write to be too real, and I have to remember that as a writer I can make up whatever story and setting I want and that can be completely true in my world.
I don’t think that people really know what is fiction and what isn’t when it comes to poly.
But I do know that you have been around enough of it and have enough balance that if you wrote poly fiction it wouldn’t be detrimental to the community.

I just had a knee-jerk reaction to the idea that all it takes is imagination to write it. We have enough people trying it on for size and then bailing because it isn’t what they imagined, leaving wounded and broken people/families in their wake.

I don’t think that people really know what is fiction and what isn’t when it comes to poly.
But I do know that you have been around enough of it and have enough balance that if you wrote poly fiction it wouldn’t be detrimental to the community.

I just had a knee-jerk reaction to the idea that all it takes is imagination to write it. We have enough people trying it on for size and then bailing because it isn’t what they imagined, leaving wounded and broken people/families in their wake.
But that happens plenty with mono marriage already too. People think that life should be a "happily ever after" kind of thing instead of a challenging adventure your picking a team mate (or two) for.

Too many nowadays conclude they picked wrong instead of realizing they expected an unreaistic actual life.

I am all for keeping life real, but there are all kinds of real people....some dimber or dumber then others in what approach and ethics they believe will bring success and happiness in family life. My main pet peeve is when bad examples or choices have good endings in books or movies, because it conditions minds to false expectations and downplays the seriousness of some mistakes.

But that happens plenty with mono marriage already too. People think that life should be a "happily ever after" kind of thing instead of a challenging adventure your picking a team mate (or two) for.

Too many nowadays conclude they picked wrong instead of realizing they expected an unreaistic actual life.

I am all for keeping life real, but there are all kinds of real people....some dimber or dumber then others in what approach and ethics they believe will bring success and happiness in family life. My main pet peeve is when bad examples or choices have good endings in books or movies, because it conditions minds to false expectations and downplays the seriousness of some mistakes.
Agreed; wrong and/or unsatisfied expectations leads to disappointment and abandonment. Because people have unrealistic expectations, and those aren't being met, they give up and walk away. If you expect nothing in return for all your efforts, but you get something, it brings joy and satisfaction. One big battle we have is to prepare people for the full-frontal assault that comes from (most often) Christian friends and family.

Back