• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meat One flesh is “marriage” and here’s why.

@steve You remember when I said about my first wife left I cried out to G-d not just for but also for her soul.
It broke me because I did not want to see her fall away from G-d. I also for any women who fall under this as well.

I have lots of Respect for you.

Need to run!

There is no exception given for kings.

You are right but when David Married both is Wife and Mother in Law no one said He Sinned look it up.
He might have even had kids with both.

@steve You remember when I said about my first wife left I cried out to G-d not just for but also for her soul.
It broke me because I did not want to see her fall away from G-d. I also for any women who fall under this as well.

I have lots of Respect for you.

Need to run!
I am glad that you have a heart for her and her eternity.

You are right but when David Married both is Wife and Mother in Law no one said He Sinned look it up.
He might have even had kids with both.
I’m not aware of that. Can you point out where this is found?

Ahinoam of Jezreel — David’s Third Wife / Ahinoam Rizpah (concubine)​

King David’s third wife was Ahinoam of Jezreel. We first encounter Ahinoam in Scripture in 1 Samuel 25:43 immediately after David marries Abigail.

David had also taken Ahinoam of Jezreel, and they both became his wives. 1 Samuel 25:43 (NASB)
The other wife that verse 43 refers to is Abigail. There are no other biblical passages that describe the marriage of King David and Ahinoam other than she became the mother of David’s first son (2 Samuel 3:2; 1 Chronicles 3:1). Later in 1 Samuel 27:3 we read about both Abigal and Ahinoam in one verse.

And David lived with Achish at Gath, he and his men, each with his household, even David with his two wives, Ahinoam the Jezreelitess, and Abigail the Carmelitess, Nabal’s widow. 1 Samuel 27:3 (NASB)
The order of the names may imply that Ahinoam was a preferred wife over Abigail since every time the wives are mentioned in Scripture Ahinoam is listed first (1 Samuel 30:5; 2 Samuel 2:2; 1 Chronicles 3:1). Since in ancient Israel widows had no financial support, it may be that King David married Abigail to provide for her financial support. But Ahinoam could have been the wife he preferred. At this point in time Michal belonged to another man.

At one point, Ahinoam and Abigail were captured by the Amalekites and had to be rescued (1Samuel 30:5, 18).

Michal her mother was Ahinoam

Michal, daughter of Saul, married David. In love with David, Michal proved her loyalty to her husband over her father when she saved David from her father's attack on his life.

• Prince Amnon, David's firstborn, born in Hebron to Ahinoam of Jezreel. Absalom killed him after he raped Absalom's full sister, Tamar.

You won’t be allowed to continue to teach lies on this site.
That it is your opinion does not matter. If it is wrong, it is wrong.
So can someone who disagrees with you stop if they believe you wrong?
Many believe Polygyny to be a sin so they kick you out of their Churches are you no better?
That's a tough one, isn't it. And there's a balance. Every few months we get a Hare Krishna missionary signing up and teaching everyone what chants to use to worship Krishna. I delete that on sight - it's obvious, this is a Christian site and we're here to teach Biblical truth, can't have those messages being spread through this website. While at the same time we need to be open to debate within the bounds of Christianity.

But also at the same time, we have people genuinely coming to this website for advice in their real lives. If the forum is filled with bad advice, or unscriptural advice, that is what they will read. So we need to curate it to some extent to ensure that it is of benefit to real people needing help.

The line I see @AbrahamSolomon is that everyone is free to express an opinion and engage in debate. However, if somebody persists in repeatedly posting things which appear to be either bad advice (have the potential to harm people's marriages), or very unscriptural, or both, then at some point we would need to limit this.

That would obviously be a very hard line to find in a way that doesn't offend anyone. The reality is that whatever you do when moderating a forum will upset someone.

Of course, just because @steve disagrees with it doesn't mean it's wrong - but in this case your first statement would essentially mean that the majority of young Western women are condemned to singleness and unavailable for anybody to marry. If that's what you mean, it's wrong - has to be wrong, God is not that sadistic. Having said that, you might not have meant what you said - you are toning that back a little in subsequent posts, limiting it to only when the husband is a follower of God for instance, but that's not what you said initially. What you said first was very wrong, even if what you meant is correct and even if we end up agreeing after a couple of pages of explanatory discussion.

Just remember that you are young and inexperienced in comparison to the more mature members of this site, such as @steve. Stop and think carefully before responding to them, this might reduce the volume of your posts and increase their quality - you do occasionally make excellent points, but they come among a torrent of posts that often are just you restating an opinion. Think through what you write more carefully before posting it, steer cleer from dogmatic statements and ensure you post the nuance in your first post. Try to focus on the more well-thought-out posts that you do make and I can't see any problems.

Where is that in scripture?

And if you do find somewhere that says that Michal's mother was called Ahinoam, how do you know that was the same Ahinoam?
It can't be the same, as that would have violated Torah, and we are told that David did all that God had commanded him all the days of his life except for the matter of Uriah.

Therefore, he could not have married a woman and the woman's mother. Having the same name does not make the woman Michal's mother.

I will get more data soon.Screenshot_20230219_175617_Google.jpg

There is no rush @AbrahamSolomon. You don't need to take 2 minutes to do a Google search and then instantly post the findings here. That does not inform the discussion at all, since we could do the same search ourselves. Take your time, do your research properly, and when you're ready tell us what you found - in your own words.

And when you post your findings, just type them in plain text, don't waste server space and screen space on a massive image of text.

Please understand that other people’s opinions, whether they are scholars or not, are not proof.
If you cannot prove it Biblically, it doesn’t exist as an argument.

I know of this debate for awhile many have debated it. But right now I'm at my Dad's house picking up something.

Again - there is no rush. You don't need to tell us you're at your Dad's house doing something else, you don't need to tell us you've got to go (which you tell us repeatedly). Nobody else does that. Just do your things, and when you have time to sit down and carefully consider scripture deeply, come back to this discussion. It will still be here.

If you made a policy of only coming onto this website from your computer, and never when rushing around busy, the quality and value of your contributions would probably quadruple immediately.

There is no rush @AbrahamSolomon. You don't need to take 2 minutes to do a Google search and then instantly post the findings here. That does not inform the discussion at all, since we could do the same search ourselves. Take your time, do your research properly, and when you're ready tell us what you found - in your own words.

And when you post your findings, just type them in plain text, don't waste server space and screen space on a massive image of text.
Sounds good. Just trying to keep debate going.

Malachi 2:14​

New King James Version​

14 Yet you say, “For what reason?”
Because the Lord has been witness
Between you and the wife of your youth,
With whom you have dealt treacherously;
Yet she is your companion
And your wife by covenant.

@The Revolting Man

Last edited:

Ahinoam of Jezreel — David’s Third Wife / Ahinoam Rizpah (concubine)​

King David’s third wife was Ahinoam of Jezreel. We first encounter Ahinoam in Scripture in 1 Samuel 25:43 immediately after David marries Abigail.

The other wife that verse 43 refers to is Abigail. There are no other biblical passages that describe the marriage of King David and Ahinoam other than she became the mother of David’s first son (2 Samuel 3:2; 1 Chronicles 3:1). Later in 1 Samuel 27:3 we read about both Abigal and Ahinoam in one verse.

The order of the names may imply that Ahinoam was a preferred wife over Abigail since every time the wives are mentioned in Scripture Ahinoam is listed first (1 Samuel 30:5; 2 Samuel 2:2; 1 Chronicles 3:1). Since in ancient Israel widows had no financial support, it may be that King David married Abigail to provide for her financial support. But Ahinoam could have been the wife he preferred. At this point in time Michal belonged to another man.

At one point, Ahinoam and Abigail were captured by the Amalekites and had to be rescued (1Samuel 30:5, 18).

Michal her mother was Ahinoam

Michal, daughter of Saul, married David. In love with David, Michal proved her loyalty to her husband over her father when she saved David from her father's attack on his life.

• Prince Amnon, David's firstborn, born in Hebron to Ahinoam of Jezreel. Absalom killed him after he raped Absalom's full sister, Tamar.

There are serious issues with what you have put forth

Firstly I have not seen a scripture that states that the Ahinoam was the wife of Saul.
When Abigail is named as wife of Nabal, Ahinoam is NOT named as wife of Saul she is called a Jezreelitess this happens at least three times in scripture.

The question you must ask yourself is why.

The most likely case is that she had the same name as Saul's wife.

HOWEVER...

If you want to state that it WAS Saul's wife then you MUST remember that YAH GAVE David the wives of Saul which means that Saul or Ahinoam did something to break that marriage covenant BEFORE David took her.

OR that YAH broke his own commandments.

OR you are suggesting that YAH caused David to sin then ignored it and only remembered the sin regarding bathsheba and uriah.

We must be very careful what we put forth because we know that YAH is no respecter of persons, and he does not change.

So I am interested to see what scriptures you bring forth in support of what you have presented.

This is what happens when one fails to use exegesis and uses eisegesis instead, this practice makes such people put one and one together and come up with eleventy.

This is what happens when one fails to use exegesis and uses eisegesis instead, this practice makes such people put one and one together and come up with eleventy.
Unfortunately this is a common problem so not new here at all. A good time to put out a reminder though. Thanks

The point behind this is to show Kings sometimes seem to get a pass to point to the fact women who normally cheat was put to death along with her male friend as a reply to @steve

“I gave you … your master’s wives” (2 Sam 12:8), Levenson and Halpern argue that David’s marriage to Ahinoam constituted a claim to Saul’s throne (see Absalom’s actions in 2 Sam 16:22). Perhaps David, like other kings who appropriated the harems of their predecessors or rivals, strengthened his claim to the throne in this way.

Ahinoam, said to come from Jezreel, is King David’s wife and the mother of his eldest son, Amnon. All references to her occur with, or in close literary proximity to, Abigail (another wife of David, king of Israel, c. 1005–965 B.C.E.).

Following Abigail’s marriage to David (1 Sam 25:42), David “also” marries Ahinoam from Jezreel (v. 43). Ahinoam and Abigail are with David during his stay with King Achish of Gath (1 Sam 27:3), are taken captive when Amalekites raid Ziklag, David’s Philistine base (1 Sam 30:5), and are among those who go with David to Hebron when he becomes king over Judah (2 Sam 2:2). The last reference to Ahinoam occurs in the list of David’s sons born at Hebron (2 Sam 3:2–5; 1 Chr 3:1–4), where she is noted in the first (Abigail is in the second) of six mother-son references. Of the five contexts in which Ahinoam appears, only in her marriage notice (1 Sam 25:43) does she come after Abigail. Since Ahinoam’s name usually precedes that of Abigail, it has been suggested that David married Ahinoam before he married Abigail (contrary to 1 Sam 25:42–43; see Levenson and Halpern). However, if Ahinoam’s son Amnon was David’s firstborn son (as both lists of sons affirm), then the order of their names might indicate Ahinoam’s status as the crown prince’s mother.

Only one other character named Ahinoam appears in the Hebrew Bible (Saul’s wife; see 1 Sam 14:50). Because she is roughly a contemporary of David’s wife, it is possible that “Ahinoam of Jezreel” is Saul’s wife Ahinoam. Citing YHWH’s words (via the prophet Nathan) to David, “I gave you … your master’s wives” (2 Sam 12:8), Levenson and Halpern argue that David’s marriage to Ahinoam constituted a claim to Saul’s throne (see Absalom’s actions in 2 Sam 16:22). Perhaps David, like other kings who appropriated the harems of their predecessors or rivals, strengthened his claim to the throne in this way.

And King Solomon gave offerings to fake gods and was not put to death so he got a pass on that as well.

Deuteronomy 13:6-10 specifically prescribes the method of execution to stoning
If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

There are serious issues with what you have put forth

Firstly I have not seen a scripture that states that the Ahinoam was the wife of Saul.
When Abigail is named as wife of Nabal, Ahinoam is NOT named as wife of Saul she is called a Jezreelitess this happens at least three times in scripture.

The question you must ask yourself is why.

The most likely case is that she had the same name as Saul's wife.

HOWEVER...

If you want to state that it WAS Saul's wife then you MUST remember that YAH GAVE David the wives of Saul which means that Saul or Ahinoam did something to break that marriage covenant BEFORE David took her.

I believe as King David took Saul's because King Saul Died and King David inherited the obligations of their upkeep they became his wives.

OR that YAH broke his own commandments.

G-d is under No Laws, they are made for us not Him.

OR you are suggesting that YAH caused David to sin then ignored it and only remembered the sin regarding bathsheba and uriah.

Or it was not a sin.

We must be very careful what we put forth because we know that YAH is no respecter of persons, and he does not change.

True, but we don't fully understand either.

So I am interested to see what scriptures you bring forth in support of what you have presented.

I'd like to see if someone can prove it wrong as well, I've heard people claim it's wrong but it has just been them saying it just can't be so with no proof.

Back