• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meat One flesh is “marriage” and here’s why.

But Jesus does not say that's all marriage is. You're ignoring the topic of the passage and that segment of scripture is not about marriage, it's about divorce
Christ was not the only person to use the expression One flesh, Paul also did so in Ephesians 5

Paul speaks in a way as if everyone knew that one flesh was sex, it seems that this view was tradition at that time
I absolutely agree that one flesh means sex.
Christ was not the only person to use the expression One flesh, Paul also did so in Ephesians 5
Yep, agreed. I just contend that marriage is more than just having sex, there is also promise and responsibility. Sex without that promise and responsibility (covenant) is not marriage. Sex without the legal freedom to engage in sex (due to the woman being married already) is adultery. Otherwise Shechem would have been Dina's husband, and she his wife. But scripture says sex alone did not create a marriage. The same with Amnon and Tamar.

I simply say sex does not create or constitute marriage. Marriage is more than just copulation.

Back