• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Opportunity for correction and seed planting

That's the verse my brother in law wants to use. Maybe she can answer why Paul, IF he meant the same thing for the man and the woman used two different words both translated "own" in that verse?

I told my brother in law that making that descriptive passage restrictive, was like saying that since the recipe (description of how to) says it makes an 8 × 8 pan it would be sin to double the recipe.

He still hasnt responded.

That's the verse my brother in law wants to use. Maybe she can answer why Paul, IF he meant the same thing for the man and the woman used two different words both translated "own" in that verse?

I told my brother in law that making that descriptive passage restrictive, was like saying that since the recipe (description of how to) says it makes an 8 × 8 pan it would be sin to double the recipe.

He still hasnt responded.
That's a good one, love it! 🤣

I'm there and have been refreshing and screenshotting for posterity. She already deleted my first comment.
I don't waste my Xt's on her any more, because she consistently did the same with mine.

She's just fishing to up her engagement numbers.

I don't waste my Xt's on her any more, because she consistently did the same with mine.

She's just fishing to up her engagement numbers.
It's the "seed planting", as @NS4Liberty called it, in her readers' minds that gives me hope. Lot of people are reading. I have zero faith to roll in the mud with the closed-minded on there, so I scatter seed and move on. Kinda like a baby daddy.

Another opportunity. I have actually seen this clip before and it is actually terrible but Allie's response is as well.

The fruit of lawlessness

Matthew 7:23
Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you who practice lawlessness!’

So many Christians love to throw his Righteous, Holy, and Perfect law/instructions under the bus. But when are they going to realize that the Messiah is the Law/Instructions made flesh? I reckon for most of them it will be too late - when they're on the judgement seat.

"But I was just following my pastor or priest." The Word clearly says don't put your faith in what men say alone - but study to show yourself approved (like the Noble Bereans) - rightly dividing the Word; and to work out your own salvation with great fear and trembling.

Back