• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Peace and Safety - and China

That would not disappoint me at all. Unfortunately I am concerned they may not fall flat on their faces.

I wouldn't hold my breath about them falling on their faces. I'm not saying they'll succeed in everything, but China has a lot of promise and there is no way the US can compete with them long term with China protecting their people and the US trying to destroy its people. Just not going to happen.

Just a note that this is not the Ukraine thread, it's one on China. There is an overlap of course, which I was referring to, but all subsequent comments have been about the war in Ukraine, which is not the topic of this thread. My point was that China's general peace programme (which goes well beyond Ukraine, that is just one manifestation of it) is not only being embraced by countries in the Middle East and Russia, it is now being supported (however cautiously) by a major NATO power. This is a major step along the rise in China's diplomatic standing in the world, which I am highlighting in this thread.

The two are intertwined. China's position with Ukraine is reflective of their position with Taiwan and they are trying to justify their claims on Taiwan by justifying Russia's claim to own all of Ukraine.

China is also looking to make Russia into a resource colony. The only complication being that the West will close their markets to China if China overtly supports Russia's imperial war against Ukraine.

The only complication being that the West will close their markets to China if China overtly supports Russia's imperial war against Ukraine.
I want to believe the West has the spine for this, but I really don't think they do. If America alone were willing it would be greatly impactful, but the American people are too used to the kind of lives that require the massive amounts of cheap resources from China to keep flowing.

I want to believe the West has the spine for this, but I really don't think they do. If America alone were willing it would be greatly impactful, but the American people are too used to the kind of lives that require the massive amounts of cheap resources from China to keep flowing.

Given that the Europeans have found their spines with Russia it's not a far stretch to conclude that if China is arming Russia the Europeans will object.

That would also be an opportunity for other countries to swoop in and take over the two hundred million or so manufacturing jobs that China has created in the past thirty years. And it is this that would be the bigger incentive for strong sanctions against China.

And I believe there are a lot of politicians both right and left who would be happy to end reliance on China.

None of them named 'Biden" of course.

Given that the Europeans have found their spines with Russia it's not a far stretch to conclude that if China is arming Russia the Europeans will object.
EU still has no spine. They still expect US Army to do heavy lifting, like scarring other countries into sanctions.

Biden admin has only done bad things to USA. They are vandals, not incompetent. Even "wrongly talented" are sometimes able do to things right (mostly simple things). It is admin takes over by USA enemies.

I would be wise to consider idea of "Russia as junior partner" as psyops.

Haven't you noticed how in media Russia is always incompetent ones? Same here. Russians without Chinese are worthless.

I would be wise to consider idea of "Russia as junior partner" as psyops.

In 2022 China's GDP was over $18 trillion dollars. Russia's was $2.2 trillion dollars.

Russia is the junior partner in any Russia-China deal. That's just the way it is.

In 2022 China's GDP was over $18 trillion dollars. Russia's was $2.2 trillion dollars.

Russia is the junior partner in any Russia-China deal. That's just the way it is.
Do you in matter of geopolitics ever try to look for any evidence against your beliefs?

I think it's hard to get past the fact that in everything other than nukes, China is more powerful than Russia (both economically and conventional militarily). It is to be expected that any deal between the two would be as lopsided as any deal between the USA and its smaller allies, and for the same reason.

But to use that practical fact to ridicule the deal or mock Russia would be as foolish as mocking France for being smaller than the USA. It's not a criticism. It's just a fact.

Russia's advantages over China:
Eletronic warfare
Air defenses
Hypersonics
Avionics
Energy (China has not it's own energy sources)
Food (China is food importer, Russia exporter)
Perception as leader of any anti-USA coalition (Russia was far more active in Syria)
Tanks

I'm know it is mostly military and energy stuff. I'm certain there are more, just I don't know them.

They trade on equal basis. No way Russia would allow itself to be treated by Chinese as vassal state. Americans are already trying that.

Last edited:
Historically Russia has always been very concerned about threats from the East, a concern that has lingered ever since the Mongol invasion. China and Japan have both been serious concerns, and wars have been fought as a result. Sure Russia has many resources - but resources themselves are not power, they are something that must be defended. The resources just heighten the fear that the chinese hordes could take them. Their alliance at present is a geopolitical necessity, but not a comfortable one. Russia will have many concerns underneath the diplomatic niceities.

Given that the Europeans have found their spines with Russia

Europe is a mere outpost in the global empire. The common European man's opinion is of no importance.

I think it's hard to get past the fact that in everything other than nukes, China is more powerful than Russia (both economically and conventional militarily). It is to be expected that any deal between the two would be as lopsided as any deal between the USA and its smaller allies, and for the same reason.

But to use that practical fact to ridicule the deal or mock Russia would be as foolish as mocking France for being smaller than the USA. It's not a criticism. It's just a fact.

It's also a talking point, of no importance to the subject except to try and drive a wedge between China and Russia. It says something of ones mindset to assume that a deal between two such parties must necessarily be lopsided.

Historically Russia has always been very concerned about threats from the East, a concern that has lingered ever since the Mongol invasion. China and Japan have both been serious concerns, and wars have been fought as a result. Sure Russia has many resources - but resources themselves are not power, they are something that must be defended. The resources just heighten the fear that the chinese hordes could take them. Their alliance at present is a geopolitical necessity, but not a comfortable one. Russia will have many concerns underneath the diplomatic niceities.

All of which means nothing in the current crisis. Its the globohomo empire trying to destroy Russia, not China. The two of them appear to be trying to forge a new international order along multilateral lines and mutual respect for sovereignty.

All of which means nothing in the current crisis. Its the globohomo empire trying to destroy Russia, not China. The two of them appear to be trying to forge a new international order along multilateral lines and mutual respect for sovereignty.
We are too much focused on big three: Russia, China and USA. What about Brasil, Argetina, India, Turkey, Indonesia?

Neither are heavyweights, but combined they are very powerful. Possibly, more than big three combined.

Mutual respect for sovereignity is only way to attract such states in large number.

I just realised that the war in Yemen is now over also. Another direct consequence of the peace between Saudi Arabia and Iran is peace in their proxy war in Yemen. That is massive news, that war has been horrendous, not to mention long.

Back