"Perpetuating Gender Stereotypes"

Discussion in 'Marriage Issues' started by Shibboleth, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Shibboleth

Shibboleth Active Member Male

At the risk of reviving a two-month dead thread, I'd like to point out that the title issue (Edit: originally posted in "The Essential Difference", referring to men's greater propensity towards interest in things vs. women's greater propensity towards interest in people) is in the news again recently, with Google's firing of an employee, James Damore, for "perpetuating gender stereotypes", simply because he wrote a memo that dared to raise this issue in challenge of the cult of diversity, in regards to women in STEM fields.

There's a 50+ minute interview with him here, that goes through his memo in detail:

Edited to stand alone as a new thread.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 4:46 PM
  2. Mojo

Mojo Well-Known Member Male

Interesting that hypergamy came up in this video. No wonder this is all hitting the fan! The greater society has told successful, or dominant males that they can only have ONE female. Females are told that there are a limited number of successful or dominant males.

ZecAustin, andrew and Shibboleth like this.
  3. nathan

nathan Administrator Staff Member Male

ZecAustin and Mojo like this.
  4. andrew

andrew Administrator Staff Member Male

Done.

5. andrew

Haven't made time for the video yet, but love the Quillette articles.

6. Mojo

Three of the authors were "meh". One was superb in boiling it all down to a paradox nobody in the diversity business realizes, or cares to think through:
    Essentially you can either have equality or diversity, but you really can't have both.

7. andrew

I guess I got more from the others than "meh", but I agree that the money shot is that quote, the dogma paradox.

8. Shibboleth

Shibboleth Active Member Male

That's postmodern doublethink for you. Two contradictory beliefs can both be true at once.

9. Mojo