• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request Please pray for my family

Paulsen

Real Person
Male
Hi everyone. My recent standing peacefully on Ezekiel 23 as well as other verses has brought me a delayed response from several people I care about. It's been very painful for me and for them. I would appreciate prayer.

I think this current situation may be very pivotal for my nuclear family. I think I can honestly that it would be my privilege to die for any member of my nuclear family and yet some of them are seriously doubting my love for them right now.

So my specific prayer request is that by God's strength, and not my own, all members of my family would not doubt Adonai's love or my love for them.

Also please pray that if my love for any of them has been lacking that Adonai would show me so that I can repent.

Praying

Praying, brother. Stand firm on truth knowing that Adonai is in control. You are in a refining fire that few outside of this walk experience. May He strengthen and temper you in this test while purifying those around you.

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
Matthew 5:10‭-‬12 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/mat.5.10-12.KJV

Praying

Praying bro. Love you man.

Praying

Thank you all! Your prayers are being heard. The struggle is not over but I have already seen Adonai show mercy today and my family is in a better place than where we started.

So many of you are faithful servants of Adonai and to be surrounded in prayer is much more than I deserve!

I won't be giving out lots of detail publicly so as to avoid any possibility of gossip. Today has had both heartache and breakthrough and I expect more breakthrough soon, because Adonai is good!

Praying brother. Feeling for you.
There are some who have been completely abandoned / shunned by their entire family for standing on the Biblical truth of polygyny.
Thanks Rusty. Yes there is a lot of sad responses to this issue and to male headship in general. Thank you for your prayers.

I know I have already said it but thanks again to everyone who has or is praying. We could use continuing support. I think we are at a critical point in my family and I dearly do not want to lose them. I even more do not want to be ashamed of any part of Adonai.

It is very clear that if I am wrong about Adonai having two wives then I am suffering for nothing and causing great suffering for no reason. However I can't see my way around Ezekiel 23 and it has some members of my family struggling in their faith as well as relationally.

The reasoning through the conflict seems all done and done again. At this point further talk seems fruitless. Prayer and self humbling seem like the avenues left to me as I ask Adonai for mercy on us. I so badly want us all walk with Adonai in unity and with one heart/one mind and in peace.

On another note, I am blessed and honored to be prayed for by you all! Thank you and though I have never met most of you I love you guys.

Last edited:
Your understanding of Ezekiel 23 is correct and confirmed by Jeremiah 3 and 31:34ish.

I'll keep praying and trust that the testing of your faith produces perserverance....

Blessings.

Back