• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request Please pray for my family

Still praying brother.

However I can't see my way around Ezekiel 23 and it has some members of my family struggling in their faith as well as relationally.

That is the rub, is it not? Once you see the truth you can not go back again.

But praise God that he has honored and blessed you to share his truth with you.

Still praying for you and yours.

That is the rub, is it not? Once you see the truth you can not go back again.

But praise God that he has honored and blessed you to share his truth with you.

Still praying for you and yours.
I am really touched that you are still praying for us. Thank you!

We do need it. We are also in a much better place spiritually and relationally right now. I think we came out of crisis mode four days ago. There was a major breakthrough. I'll try to describe it in vague and concise terms because it happened over several long conversations.

For one I was being confronted about having been somewhat of a cold person relationally and also being a very self-righteous person over the years. The type of person more concerned with being right about doctrine than I am about seeing the people in front of me. This part of the conflict is necessary for me because it's accurate. I have been asking forgiveness of the family as they have brought this part of the issue and it has been helping the conflict to ease somewhat.

The member of my family who is/was most offended was basically hearing all kinds of awful accusations against me (in their head) all day long. (I think it was one of the enemy speaking in their ear). This was happening while we were talking as well. I would say something like

"well I don't want to cause a controversy but I don't see how i can be ashamed or in denial about polygamy if God says he is a polygamist."

And the offended party would hear me saying

"I'm going to show everyone their understanding of the scripture is inferior to mine and I am going to commit myself to pushing my wife into a new kind of family that she will loath and she will have to just deal with it."

They were consistently responding to me as if I said things I never said. So eventually i confronted them and another member of the family together and I confessed my own sin for listening to the accuser in my own thoughts. I kind of announced that we were all going to stop listening to accusatory thoughts about each other and that I believed we would then be able to actually make some progress to resolve our offenses. I also asked everyone to commit to only agreeing with thoughts about each other that involve faith. So even if we see something wrong with the other person we will make sure to remind ourselves that Jesus died for that person and jesus will help that person with their sin.

I can't tell you how much better things are since we all agreed to stop listening to the accuser. It feels like the night has ended and the sun is rising!

I much appreciate everyone's prayers and ask that you all keep praying for us! Adonai is the author of the progress we have made so far and if we keep seeking him he will heal all that was broken.

I have two prayers in specific.

1.) That no one would submit themselves to faithless thoughts and instead that great faith would bloom in all of us.

2.) That since Adonai and Jesus say they are polygamists that no member of my family would continue to slander his character or harbour judgment against what he has chosen to do (have two or more wives).

Back