• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Poly themed movies

I do remember that one. They were close but the first wife had to die, as was the tittle's intent.
A better twist would have been if she also lives and they grow old together. But, then would not be oligarch media approved.

A 1994 western setting movie called The Substitute Wife. I heard it mentioned in another thread but thought i'd add it here.

The wife of a prairie farm couple (Lea Thompson) learns she's dying. Goes to find a replacement for when she dies and finds one - a prostitute (Farrah Fawcett). Husband (Peter Weller) is against the whole idea from the beginning but, of course, relents. Wife almost dies, then all of a sudden starts to get better and they learn to live together. Then she gets sick again... I watched it. It was pretty good.

Are they any good? Which ones would you recommend?
Harem anime, which I frequently enjoy, is almost always the complete opposite of patriarchy. The “husband” is usually a fragile little thing who has been somehow forced in to poly against his will. It’s all very entertaining though.

Back