• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Polygyny in African American Communities

Shibboleth

Seasoned Member
Male
Possible allies...

There's a growing number of YouTube videos recommending polygyny as a means of strengthening African-American communities by emphasizing the importance of responsibility among black men. If you listen to them, they hit on a lot of the same points I see here. Granted, I don't know how many of these are coming from a secular, Muslim, New Age, or Black Israelite perspective, but at least some of them appear to also be from a Christian perspective. Interestingly, many of them are made by women. Here's a small sampling:

Very, very interesting....

I've seen some if these videos. I have pondered the implications of such an abundance of black proponents of this lifestyle. I would presume that much of it is Muslim based, or exotic Christian beliefs, but it could be a reaction to the socio-political realities of the breakdown of the black family structure in modern times.

I seem to recall that both black and white birth rates are being eclipsed by Hispanic and other subgroups in this country. I wonder if that has been a cultural/social wake up call for many.

Since I have not been to any retreats, are there many non-white attendees?

Wouldn't say "many", but typically a few.

Not all of the black Hebrew Israelites are "exotic". Certainly many of them are, hell most of the Hebrew Israelites are a little out there. British Israelism is one of the few topics we're not allowed to talk about here. There are some very good black Israelite teachers out there though. Sometimes white folks have to adjust for cultural and stylistic differences. One of the guys I think deserves closer scrutiny and a chance to be heard is Pastor Dowell. If you just listen to some of his rants you can get a little worried but if you watch the channel focused on their women and children you see that there are some definite fruits and true depth to what they're doing out there.

To be honest though you have to have pretty strong filters on with any YouTube channel. Especially the guys with beards. Dangerous fellows.

That being said, there is a definite lack of good Christian polygyny material on YouTube and its an area that BF could make an impact in.

At the retreats I've been at there has been one Hispanic family (Cubanito) and then two African American brothers have brought their families and some guests.

Not all of the black Hebrew Israelites are "exotic". Certainly many of them are, hell most of the Hebrew Israelites are a little out there. British Israelism is one of the few topics we're not allowed to talk about here. There are some very good black Israelite teachers out there though. Sometimes white folks have to adjust for cultural and stylistic differences. One of the guys I think deserves closer scrutiny and a chance to be heard is Pastor Dowell. If you just listen to some of his rants you can get a little worried but if you watch the channel focused on their women and children you see that there are some definite fruits and true depth to what they're doing out there.

To be honest though you have to have pretty strong filters on with any YouTube channel. Especially the guys with beards. Dangerous fellows.

That being said, there is a definite lack of good Christian polygyny material on YouTube and its an area that BF could make an impact in.
Well, you already have a channel...get on it quick:p

Seriously, though, good idea.

Well, you already have a channel...get on it quick:p

Seriously, though, good idea.

I've thought about doing more on the topic and I do bring it up in other videos OCCASIONALLY but there are two considerations: the first is that I don't want to become a one issue channel. I have a lot topics I talk about and I think I would lose a lot of my viewers if I got too narrowly focused. The other is simply that I have zero credibility on the topic. I have a divorce, a baby mama and one superb wife. I'm making strides but getting authoritative about biblical marriage isn't where I'm at yet.

I would definitely help with this though.

At the retreats I've been at there has been one Hispanic family (Cubanito) and then two African American brothers have brought their families and some guests.
God is no respector of persons but I'm just thinking out loud that maybe this is a fertile field for BF to sow in.

Generally speaking, white, Protestant, heterosexual males who believe in patriarchy and traditional roles are HUGE targets of media scrutiny and are largely discounted in popular culture.

If BF, and Christian polygyny as a whole, was able to present a united front of diverse backgrounds, do you think it would force other Christians to take notice, and the broader public to not discount it simply as WASP privilege?

I've thought about doing more on the topic and I do bring it up in other videos OCCASIONALLY but there are two considerations: the first is that I don't want to become a one issue channel. I have a lot topics I talk about and I think I would lose a lot of my viewers if I got too narrowly focused. The other is simply that I have zero credibility on the topic. I have a divorce, a baby mama and one superb wife. I'm making strides but getting authoritative about biblical marriage isn't where I'm at yet.

I would definitely help with this though.
I hear you. Maybe we need a BF channel?

If BF, and Christian polygyny as a whole, was able to present a united front of diverse backgrounds, do you think it would force other Christians to take notice, and the broader public to not discount it simply as WASP privilege?
To the first question... maybe? The squeaky wheel gets the grease, as they say (or to use a biblical reference, see the parable of the persistent widow and the unjust judge). To the second, I'll just note that diversity hasn't helped conservatives in general to win any popularity.

True. Ben Carson got shredded by the media.

But I had an opportunity to see one of his rallies in person. There were a LOT of blacks there, more than you would see at any other gathering of Republicans or conservatives.

Ultimately, Trump and media scorched earth tactics took him out (anyone remeber the link to insanity and pedofelia conjured up?). He was a true force in that race, and was getting noticed, though. Sometimes it was purely from a racial standpoint.

More than the 10-13% makeup of the general population?
No, prolly only barely that, with some retreats being 10%-ish and most less.

True. Ben Carson got shredded by the media.

But I had an opportunity to see one of his rallies in person. There were a LOT of blacks there, more than you would see at any other gathering of Republicans or conservatives.

Ultimately, Trump and media scorched earth tactics took him out (anyone remeber the link to insanity and pedofelia conjured up?). He was a true force in that race, and was getting noticed, though. Sometimes it was purely from a racial standpoint.

I voted for him in the primary. I'm kind of glad for his sake he didn't win. They would have savaged him and his entire family.

Special face? Explain.

A special host might be a better way to say it. It would need to be a guy who had credibility, a decent on screen presence and didn't mind being public. I guess a non-practitioner could do it and there might be some advantages to that in a way, but he would need a lot of access to practitioners to bring the credibility.

A special host might be a better way to say it. It would need to be a guy who had credibility, a decent on screen presence and didn't mind being public. I guess a non-practitioner could do it and there might be some advantages to that in a way, but he would need a lot of access to practitioners to bring the credibility.
It doesn't just need to be one person in front of a camera, though. Perhaps it would be 50% links, and the rest "faces" to comment. Just thinking out loud.

Back