• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer for my Wife and I

Sand Bee

Real Person
Male
Hi all,

My wife miscarried at 19 weeks and gave birth to our son. This was our first pregnancy. I am asking for prayers for us as we cling to the Lord during this time and continue to trust in him during the future pregnancies if he grants those.

This was our first experience with death up close and personal. I never thought that pregnancy would be such a scary deal.

But I know his mercies are new every morning.

I’m so sorry
May His will be done in your lives and in your hearts.

So sorry for your loss, brother. I will definitely keep you and your woman in prayer.

Prayers and condolences.

So sorry to hear about your loss, may YaHWeH comfort during this time. We will be praying for you and your wife.

So sorry for your loss. I can even fathom the pain.

Father God, comfort @Sand Bee and his wife. The lost of a child at anytime is heart breaking.

Psalm 34:18: “The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit.”

Father, we know that amongst beleivers long-term grief is uncomfortable, and we know that each of us grieves in our own way, yet we tend to judge others for grieving to long. Even others who’ve lost a child can fall into that trap. We beseech you Yeshua: remind us that you draw near to the broken hearted, not push away. You do not put a limit on the time or a way that we express our grief. Help those around @Sand Bee and his family in these moments fully understand, and to help them look forward to a day when their hurt will be healed in your presence.

May our Father blanket not only you and your wife with His peaceful covering but wrap your son with His warmth as He shepherds him to Heaven, where one day he will be so glad to be reunited with you.

Praying for you and yours. May Abba guard and comfort your hearts.

You know that saying you hear from clerks trying to sell you lotto tickets? "You can't win if you don't play" well, you can't lose either. Losing a child is so hard for those who want them, that we cannot fathom people who throw away such a precious and perfect gift. We didn't lose our first, so your situation is different from ours, but we have lost children.
God gave me some comforts....always enough grace to get through it. With the first miscarriage He led me to specifically and audibly pray His will in my life in the week before I miscarried. That helped me trust that what I was going through was His will.....and ultimately my will because I chose to ask Him in His infinite love and wisdom to order my life.
Some women never miscarry, some women never conceive. I know a woman who has a large family, but has had about as many losses as babies....and that has been my story as well.
I look at our youngest and to me she is like a gold star .......a priceless treasure that is my reward for being willing to risk another loss. You see I had a miscarriage, then we lost triplet boys a bit later in the pregnancy then you lost your son, and then we had another miscarriage. We could have given up and decided I was just too old or something. *shrugs*
I am not trying to one up anyone, or brag....but rather let you know that when I say that children are worth it all....what the all I'm talking about includes. I used to say that one more baby would be worth going through all the losses.....she is! :)
My prayer is that you both continue to trust His plan for your lives and family, that your hearts heal, and that you are able to find joy and peace for the journey.
Thank you for sharing with us here.

Hi all,

My wife miscarried at 19 weeks and gave birth to our son. This was our first pregnancy. I am asking for prayers for us as we cling to the Lord during this time and continue to trust in him during the future pregnancies if he grants those.

This was our first experience with death up close and personal. I never thought that pregnancy would be such a scary deal.

May Adonai be close with you both.

Hi all,

I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to loose a child my prayers are with you and your wife

Back