• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer for my Wife and I

You know that saying you hear from clerks trying to sell you lotto tickets? "You can't win if you don't play" well, you can't lose either. Losing a child is so hard for those who want them, that we cannot fathom people who throw away such a precious and perfect gift. We didn't lose our first, so your situation is different from ours, but we have lost children.
God gave me some comforts....always enough grace to get through it. With the first miscarriage He led me to specifically and audibly pray His will in my life in the week before I miscarried. That helped me trust that what I was going through was His will.....and ultimately my will because I chose to ask Him in His infinite love and wisdom to order my life.
Some women never miscarry, some women never conceive. I know a woman who has a large family, but has had about as many losses as babies....and that has been my story as well.
I look at our youngest and to me she is like a gold star .......a priceless treasure that is my reward for being willing to risk another loss. You see I had a miscarriage, then we lost triplet boys a bit later in the pregnancy then you lost your son, and then we had another miscarriage. We could have given up and decided I was just too old or something. *shrugs*
I am not trying to one up anyone, or brag....but rather let you know that when I say that children are worth it all....what the all I'm talking about includes. I used to say that one more baby would be worth going through all the losses.....she is! :)
My prayer is that you both continue to trust His plan for your lives and family, that your hearts heal, and that you are able to find joy and peace for the journey.
Thank you for sharing with us here.

Thank you for sharing that. Your story and perspective gives me courage to try again.

We too have lost little ones :( Always fairly early, within the first 3 months). In total we have lost 3. The worst for me was the last one just before this little one we're waiting on. I birthed a palm sized placenta but no baby.. something was wrong with the pregnancy. But to hold that little life support in my hand and to know it was a child I would never hold beyond that is still painful to my heart but it was God's will and that child is with Him. I guess it never occurred to me to stop trying or to fear. God has so much healing and strength that He can carry you through. We have a heap of beautiful children now with all their bumps, bruises, fights and fits.. :) I pray for you both to find peace and strength!

I look at our youngest and to me she is like a gold star

She is! She is a doll! I so much enjoyed seeing her playing at the retreat and seeing her older brothers and sisters watching over and taking care of her.

I love kids, but mine are such oldies now! First grandchild is on the way, so maybe that will help.

We had two miscarriages late in our production run. Very hard on Ruth Ann at the time.

Back