• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request Prayer request

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeganC

Seasoned Member
Real Person*
Female
Hi, Steve had a physical last week and we got his PSA results this morning and he came back with a 24. We're going to see the doctor tomorrow and they're going to do a biopsy. It's pretty clear what the biopsy will say. We'd deeply appreciate your prayers.

I don't understand what this means. What is PSA? Is 24 high? Low?

EDIT: I have the info now and understand what it means. We'll be praying.

Last edited:
Praying for you guys.

What difficult news and process to go through. Praying for Steve, you and all your family. This must be hard for everyone

We will be praying for your family. May the Lord bring something good out of this difficult news.

It was an exciting morning. The procedure was done around 6am and the lab confirmed cancer. They came back and did an MRI to see if the cancer had spread and the good news is that it hasn't, the bad news is the prostate has to go. Friday will be surgery to remove the prostate and then they want to do chemotherapy to make sure the cancer is gone.

Thank you for your prayers! This is really wonderful so far as I am concerned. The last time we had to deal with cancer in the house we lost Christie.

Thank you for the update! Will keep praying for all involved.

Praying that everything goes well.

It was an exciting morning. The procedure was done around 6am and the lab confirmed cancer. They came back and did an MRI to see if the cancer had spread and the good news is that it hasn't, the bad news is the prostate has to go. Friday will be surgery to remove the prostate and then they want to do chemotherapy to make sure the cancer is gone.

Thank you for your prayers! This is really wonderful so far as I am concerned. The last time we had to deal with cancer in the house we lost Christie.
Good news to hear the surgery is scheduled so soon and your family can take care of it quickly before it spread.

Steve is very sore today but so far there is no fever or other sign of infection from the biopsy. Which means the surgery will not be delayed. We still need prayer that Steve does not come up with an infection before Friday.

Just saw this, I pray all is well, and we will be praying for you all, and for a speedy recovery.

The surgery went well but it took a long time. He was in surgery for four hours when we were told to expect two. The surgeon told us there were some concerns and they wanted to make sure everything was taken care of.

Steve came home this morning and so far is going to the bathroom normally. The doctors wanted him to avoid using a catheter if he did not need it and so far he's been okay. We have to keep an eye on him for infection and fever. He's around 99F to 100F right now and that's supposed to be back to normal by Tuesday or else we have to bring him back.

We're getting mixed messages about him doing chemo. One doctor wants him to do six weeks of chemo just to make sure and the other doctor said that it is a choice to skip it since the cancer was all in the prostate. We wives are leaning towards the chemo option but Steve hasn't made up his mind just yet.

Thank you all for your prayers! While there is a long road ahead we are past the part where we are worried about losing Steve and THAT is answered prayer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back