• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request Prayer request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still doing good here. Steve's temp is down to normal and he's doing some light activity. Not too much but enough to not get sore from sitting around all day.

He's going to go in for a follow up later today and then discuss chemo.

The surgery went well but it took a long time. He was in surgery for four hours when we were told to expect two. The surgeon told us there were some concerns and they wanted to make sure everything was taken care of.

Steve came home this morning and so far is going to the bathroom normally. The doctors wanted him to avoid using a catheter if he did not need it and so far he's been okay. We have to keep an eye on him for infection and fever. He's around 99F to 100F right now and that's supposed to be back to normal by Tuesday or else we have to bring him back.

We're getting mixed messages about him doing chemo. One doctor wants him to do six weeks of chemo just to make sure and the other doctor said that it is a choice to skip it since the cancer was all in the prostate. We wives are leaning towards the chemo option but Steve hasn't made up his mind just yet.

Thank you all for your prayers! While there is a long road ahead we are past the part where we are worried about losing Steve and THAT is answered prayer!
Hey Megan, I just want to mention that I played around with about 5 rad sessions and a mild chemo pill. Bloodwork showed it really wasn't helping. I've been on cannabis oil about 60 days. Numbers plummeting! I have a month to go this round then maintenance dose.

You will be in my prayers!

The surgery went well but it took a long time. He was in surgery for four hours when we were told to expect two. The surgeon told us there were some concerns and they wanted to make sure everything was taken care of.

Steve came home this morning and so far is going to the bathroom normally. The doctors wanted him to avoid using a catheter if he did not need it and so far he's been okay. We have to keep an eye on him for infection and fever. He's around 99F to 100F right now and that's supposed to be back to normal by Tuesday or else we have to bring him back.

We're getting mixed messages about him doing chemo. One doctor wants him to do six weeks of chemo just to make sure and the other doctor said that it is a choice to skip it since the cancer was all in the prostate. We wives are leaning towards the chemo option but Steve hasn't made up his mind just yet.

Thank you all for your prayers! While there is a long road ahead we are past the part where we are worried about losing Steve and THAT is answered prayer!
Praise the Lord!

One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Romans 14:2

Also, at the 1:02 point of your video the speaker makes the patently false claim that in Asia "Virtually, the Western diet was non-existent. They had no animal products, no dairy, no meat."

Asians have eaten most of their native large mammals into extinction. Mongolians in particular eat a primarily meat and dairy based diet because of the scarcity of vegetables in their climate. Asians eat any manner of animal life as can be demonstrated in the infamous Wuhan 'wet market'.

What has been mostly absent from the Asian diet is processed sugar products. The relative abundance of cane sugar, beet sugar, molasses, and corn syrup starting in the mid to late 1800's was accompanied by increases in obesity.

At 1:26 in your video there's a man eating a hamburger and the proposal is that it's the meat and cheese making this man fat. Meanwhile he's eating a hamburger bun which is loaded with sugar, barbeque sauce which is loaded with sugar, and it would appear there are onion rings on the hamburger whose batter would be loaded with sugar. Take away those three things and this man will drop weight because now he'd be eating a version of Atkins or Keto (which can be helpful to some people for specific periods of time).

Yeah, so sorry. No. Not going to turn vegetarian or eating bugs like Bill Gates wants me to all while he continues his 'hobby' of eating gourmet hamburgers.

I am also aware that some documentary have an agenda
Go with that thought.

I would rather that it be posted in the health thread with an encouragement for her to check it out, as opposed to dropping it blatantly into this thread looking like a judgement.

Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back