• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prevalence

You are very kind! I will start classes the week of June 6th. Our syllabus was already posted, so I decided to dive in early. I am taking 3 summer electives, so I won’t have any time to waste. I finish my Freshman year next week with my final exams. My major is still undeclared and I need to figure that out. This year I took heavier math and sciences, so I planned on taking electives over summer. So far what I am taking will fit into any degree’s requirements, but I need to choose a set major next year. I am most interested in nursing and teaching but those fields split into vastly different classes after the Sophomore year. Honestly I thought I would marry that bf I mentioned previously but that didn’t work out. I enjoy sports and I am here on a Volleyball scholarship. That will start at the end of the summer. I also enjoy things like swimming and having time with friends. I like to learn and lots of things interest me. I love music and going to concerts or sitting with friends at this little piano bar here near campus. I don’t really party bc I don’t like how I feel when I drink too much. I am just waiting to see what happens in my life and trying to make good choices. I don’t know if I want to marry now, but I don’t have much experience with men. I was raised by my mom mostly and saw my dad on weekends. My dad is a nice guy, but for some reason my parents split when I was really little. My best friend is a lesbian. She is like a sister to me and we have known each other since elementary school. She is a sweet person with a good heart, and it bothers me when people are hateful about gay people. I understand disagreeing based on religion, but I don’t think hate is necessary. I had a crush on my chemistry professor this semester, which made learning interesting. Hahaha. He was so hot! Those thoughts were pretty random. Thanks for taking interest in me being here! I enjoy learning about different cultures and that is my very favorite part of living on campus!
@Smilesgalore we have some things in common! My degree is in the education field. Originally, I chose an Ed major with the eventual goal of getting my masters in library science (I worked in the library for over 15 yrs); probably also a reason for my inquisitive nature. I figured the Ed degree had courses that would align with library but then I ended up through happenstance with a career in the education field and stuck with it. And I’m still in touch with my study group from that program. Music concerts and festivals is something my husband introduced into my life and I’m excited for the summer with things back on the calendar. I like all kinds and met really down to earth people at concerts. Also my best friend is not lesbian but she does have, at times, wildly different views than I have and I would say she is LGBTQ+ friendly. We’ve known each other since 3rd grade and we have our ups and downs but no matter what I consider her a dear friend. She knows I’m a Christian, I don’t hide it and I know she’s not. To me it comes down to Jesus’ greatest commandment to love God and love others as defined in Matthew 22:36-40. My thoughts and beliefs don’t neatly fit in a categorical box most days and I’m okay with that. It’s how I choose to live and sometimes it can make me somewhat of a horse of a different color which I now rather enjoy about myself. I was raised by a single mother who did not prepare me IMO so the tools I have are ones I’ve intentionally sought and/or built for myself. My husband back when he first met me said I was a tough cookie to crumble with a lot of walls…and he was right! As my faith grew later in life, my prayer became Lord help me to see others the way you see and to hurt for what hurts you.

As far as classes, whoa. 3 summer courses is rough. Good for you. You’ll crawl through them but then they’re done and you’ll thank yourself for getting them out of the way. Haha how ironic to feel some sort of chemistry in Chemistry! :p

Yes, I knew something of the similarities. I think everyone wants to convert you to what they believe. I guess that is noble if they truly believe it is the truth. This Christian guy in the campus crusade group I joined lays it on REALLY thick. It can be off putting, like he is more interested in checking off a convert box than actually getting to know me. Sometimes I feel like everyone just wants to be right. I guess we all do but people are people not projects.
Yes! I recognize the approach you are referring to and people that do that don’t see they are missing the message entirely. They fail to see people for people and to meet others where they are at. Jesus built relationships. It’s genuine. Coming in swinging to a stranger doesn’t do that. I try to think of it as: is this action drawing people closer to God or further away?
Second, if that person couldn’t use words, that they were charged with seeking to ‘convert’ others to Christ through simply the way they live alone, and through that others should be able to see Christ in them through how they live and choices they make, how successful would such person be? How successful would that person be at drawing others near to him to recognize “hmm something is different about that man or woman, there’s a light and love for others there that is different from the world, I want to know more about where that comes from”, therefore opening a moment to share testimony, would that person feel confident that people would see Christ in him/her and come ask?
Lastly, while I pray that people come to know Christ, I believe it is not my role to convert per se. I believe it’s my privilege to share the Gospel with others, what God’s done in my life, build relationships that lift others up and live my life in accordance to the life and teaching of Jesus Christ. And when I fall short, ask for forgiveness, learn the lesson and do better. But not my job to convert, that salvation comes from Jesus. And that journey is between them and God.

Last edited:
Yes! I recognize the approach you are referring to and people that do that don’t see they are missing the message entirely. They fail to see people for people, and meet others where they are at. Jesus built relationships. It’s genuine. Coming in swinging to a stranger doesn’t do that. I try to think of it as: is this action drawing people closer to God or further away?
Second, if that person couldn’t use words, that they were charged with seeking to ‘convert’ others to Christ through simply the way they live alone, and through that others should be able to see Christ in them through how they live and choices they make, how successful would such person be? How successful would that person be at drawing others near to him to recognize “hmm something is different about that man or woman, there’s a light and love for others there that is different from the world, I want to know more about where that comes from”, therefore opening a moment to share testimony, would that person feel confident that people would see Christ in Him and come ask?
Lastly, while I pray that people come to know Christ, I believe it is not my role to convert per se. I believe it’s my privilege to share the Gospel with others, what God’s done in my life, build relationships that lift others up and live my life in accordance to the life and teaching of Jesus Christ. And when I fall short, ask for forgiveness, learn the lesson and do better. But not my job to convert, that salvation comes from Jesus. And that journey is between them and God.
Primrose you seem like such a kind and down to earth person. It’s cool that we have some things in common! I am sure you have an interesting and amazing story to tell!

Primrose you seem like such a kind and down to earth person. It’s cool that we have some things in common! I am sure you have an interesting and amazing story to tell!
Thank you Smiles! Interesting, yes…amazing, errr…don’t know about that haha It’s definitely been an adventure

Back