• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prospects, New Wives, and Libido

So here's a fun one. For those of you plurals out there, husbands and wives. What has been your experience in regards to libido when the husband is courting a prospect or when the new wife is still "new". How long after a prospect becomes a wife does it last for? Is there a general increase in libido for the husband? Do all wives benefit from this increase or only the new wife?

When courting do the existing wives notice an increase in libido themselves? During prospecting and new wife introduction is there an increase in libido among the wives or a decrease?

So here's a fun one. For those of you plurals out there, husbands and wives. What has been your experience in regards to libido when the husband is courting a prospect or when the new wife is still "new". How long after a prospect becomes a wife does it last for? Is there a general increase in libido for the husband? Do all wives benefit from this increase or only the new wife?

When courting do the existing wives notice an increase in libido themselves? During prospecting and new wife introduction is there an increase in libido among the wives or a decrease?

TMI Disclaimer: Because you asked.

Also, my answers are based on my personal experience and observation. Which is what you asked for.

What has been your experience in regards to libido when the husband is courting a prospect or when the new wife is still "new".

I never noticed any increase in libido with Steve when he was courting. But after the wedding he was noticeably more interested in everyone, not just the new wife. But focusing on the new wife for sure. I've seen this in other poly families and at least in our fellowship we colloquially refer to this as honeymoon sex. True, that's what it is, but we put a name to it.

How long after a prospect becomes a wife does it last for?

A year or two. Sometimes a little bit more. Sometimes less. I suppose you could say the honeymoon ardor tapers off over time.

Is there a general increase in libido for the husband? Do all wives benefit from this increase or only the new wife?

Oh yes. :cool:

This varies depending upon the woman. First wives in particular can be less interested in their man when he has a new wife. It is a big adjustment for some and it is understandable (Biblical arguments aside, women have feelings).

Other First wives will have the opposite reaction. Seeing their husband being attentive and sexually active with another woman can awaken their own interest in his attentions.

Speaking for myself when I joined my family as a plural I was equal parts naïve of sex, terrified of it, and also somewhat excited by it. After a rough start I eventually found myself fascinated and aroused by being with a man who was a proven husband and father. He'd had children with two women and so when he was with me it was very much on my mind that he could be making me pregnant.

The First wife, Shari, was not interested in sex at this point but their second wife Christie most definitely was.

After that and over some years we had three new women join the family while Shari left. When there was a new woman in the family Steve's interest in sex would increase and that was kind of nice! I'll also say that if a sister got pregnant I often found myself deeply desiring to have another baby. Ditto with my sisters to varying degrees.

Simultaneous pregnancies where two of us would be pregnant more or less a month apart was not uncommon. Our 'dry spells' were also synched for whatever reason. Usually because Steve was working away from home.

I wish I could see that.

Thank you! ;)

Also, my answers are based on my personal experience and observation. Which is what you asked for.
Ditto
I never noticed any increase in libido with Steve when he was courting.
it certainly did for me
But after the wedding he was noticeably more interested in everyone, not just the new wife. But focusing on the new wife for sure. I've seen this in other poly families and at least in our fellowship we colloquially refer to this as honeymoon sex. True, that's what it is, but we put a name to it.
Same experience and it would seem weird to me if that were not the case for basically all men.
Seeing their husband being attentive and sexually active with another woman can awaken their own interest in his attentions.
Ding ding ding

Ditto

it certainly did for me

Same experience and it would seem weird to me if that were not the case for basically all men.

Ding ding ding
From my own experience with multiple women, I think that it's rare for a woman not to be turned on by being in the vicinity of a man she's comfortable with having sex with another woman.

But there's also something to be said for it just being a matter of providing another visual angle on the experience besides just being a somewhat passive recipient.

Mirrors (especially lots of mirrors) have a similar libido-enhancing effect, especially when the man doesn't make it entirely obvious that he's paying attention to how his women respond to seeing themselves.

From my own experience with multiple women, I think that it's rare for a woman not to be turned on by being in the vicinity of a man she's comfortable with having sex with another woman.

Pretty basic evolutionary psychology and mate selection. Woman in times past were looking for the alpha who could provide resources for her and her progeny as well as provide physical security. Sometimes in the form of wealth and sometimes fitness signals. We see it today with retard sluts all boinking the same 10% of affluent douchy gym-bros according to dating site data. Also pretty sure this where a lot of the nice guy anger at woman going after "bad boys". The bad boys are frequently just low agreeability personality types as well as grandiose narcissists of one stripe or another. Other men know this instinctually but woman mistake it for being an alpha out of hand. Sometimes obviously they are correct, but most of the time it is not the case.
Rambling aside (someone should really put a couple cups of coffee in me and a large amount of bacon an eggs before allowing me access to online blather. Ladies? Volunteers? Step right up, form an orderly que), within the confines of a plural marriage, especially early on, it is likely common for the first few years to have an enhancing effect on everyone's libido and there is apt to be rather a lot of happy making times pretty much constantly.
But there's also something to be said for it just being a matter of providing another visual angle on the experience besides just being a somewhat passive recipient.

giphy.gif

It's free to sign up.

You don't want to sign up, so you really don't want to see it.

;)

No, I'm OCD and social media is not really a good idea for me. It was a relief to me when Steve made me give up my Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. I spent far too much time on them. Plus they spy on you and tell other people way too much information about you.

True. It is still true but too many women have been brainwashed into thinking they can have all of that after they turn fifty.
Noticed

Not really sure how to judge the current situation with respect to potential for plig life...

On one hand the world has become really degenerate as can be and I think we can all list the number if ways that buggers up the works.
Other hand...everyone with room temp IQ knows the world is wrong now. Most can point to this or that but more and more can list off most of what is in our tinfoil hat thread and more. Everyone at least has a vibe things are going bad though. That higher stress environment will allow more woman to see it as an option...
On the gripping hand, so very many men will have had their fertility impacted by the mrna shots that the more well informed women who are based and redpilled who want children will be far more willing to consider guys who invested early in the tinfoil rush and who are family focused.

Tough to call

I will wager that others will have also seen a significant uptick in the woman with kids as well as older woman who have never had kids are on the plural seeking sites.

No, I'm OCD and social media is not really a good idea for me. It was a relief to me when Steve made me give up my Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. I spent far too much time on them. Plus they spy on you and tell other people way too much information about you.
Yeah, and OCD or not, it still comes down to you not wanting to access X -- that you have reasons doesn't change the fact that you don't want to access X due to your reasons.

Or, that you want others to expose themselves to the social media circus on your behalf and take the time to siphon out the content to which you're willing to be exposed and transfer it to where it's convenient for you to view it.

;)

True. It is still true but too many women have been brainwashed into thinking they can have all of that after they turn fifty.
Which is straight up lunacy.

Back