• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prostitution?

I'm never going full on carnivore as I don't agree with his core premise. But as we develop more land, we're leaning hard towards animal based diet. I'd like to be largely carnivore in the next 5 years.

Stuff like that gives me the heebie jeebies. Especially when it's something that I've only talked about, not actually looked at on the internet.
Definitely creepy. We've seen it too.

I'm never going full on carnivore as I don't agree with his core premise. But as we develop more land, we're leaning hard towards animal based diet. I'd like to be largely carnivore in the next 5 years.
It sure makes sense to let the animals chew all that fibrous plant material. I'd much rather eat lamb!

auction is tomorrow (prayers for a good price would be appreciated!).
Well, that went acceptably for the bad state of the current market. Exactly the same average prices that my father received for his lambs last week, so that's good I suppose, neither of us has bragging rights! Though our top pen topped the sale, which I'm very pleased with, the average was drawn down by the others but it was nice to have that achievement, and one of the long-term buyers told me they were in better condition than my grandfather had presented them in previous years (before I took over the farm), so that's a compliment. A good start.

Well, that went acceptably for the bad state of the current market. Exactly the same average prices that my father received for his lambs last week, so that's good I suppose, neither of us has bragging rights! Though our top pen topped the sale, which I'm very pleased with, the average was drawn down by the others but it was nice to have that achievement, and one of the long-term buyers told me they were in better condition than my grandfather had presented them in previous years (before I took over the farm), so that's a compliment. A good start.
Are you selling in US dollars?

I expect FED tightening to continue causing lower amounts of dollars in circulation.

Are you selling in US dollars?
No, I am in New Zealand and selling domestically in our own currency. Not sure what your point is. The international market for lamb is driven by supply and demand, prices are down this year due to higher than normal supply from Australia and lower than normal demand from China. Nothing to do with the US or its currency at all.

No, I am in New Zealand and selling domestically in our own currency. Not sure what your point is. The international market for lamb is driven by supply and demand, prices are down this year due to higher than normal supply from Australia and lower than normal demand from China. Nothing to do with the US or its currency at all.
I thought you were exporting lamb.

I don't directly export lamb, I am a farmer. I sell lambs at the local saleyards. Obviously the processed meat eventually gets exported, but certainly not by me.

I don't directly export lamb, I am a farmer. I sell lambs at the local saleyards. Obviously the processed meat eventually gets exported, but certainly not by me.

Am I mistaken or didn't New Zealand used to sell live animals on the foreign market?

Cute how a prostitution thread turned into selling sheep…
In some environments, every conversation will move towards the adult topics, others (Happily) will manage to the more wholesome.

Yes, but still, a farmer doesn't generally directly export anything. He sells to an exporter.
Here the shares farming and buying animals(or produce naturally) directly from the farmer and picked up at the processor has become much more popular. I have not heard pro or con if it is big in NZ or not or if government regulation prevents it. Can you?

Here the shares farming and buying animals(or produce naturally) directly from the farmer and picked up at the processor has become much more popular. I have not heard pro or con if it is big in NZ or not or if government regulation prevents it. Can you?
Our regulation is entirely different and incentivises different behaviour. I haven't heard of this specifically happening much, because that is driven by the demand for raw milk and here the law allows a farmer to sell a small amount of raw milk at the farm gate. But many under-the-table arrangements occur that are of varying levels of legality.

But many under-the-table arrangements occur that are of varying levels of legality.
There's "legal," and there's "lawful," and they're not the same. In the US, that USED to matter, still does sometimes, if you are careful and know the difference.

But, Hint: IF you use 'dishonest weights,' (like the Almighty Fiat $$$ in the US) - they've GOTCHA. So, use His money - silver.

Our regulation is entirely different and incentivises different behaviour. I haven't heard of this specifically happening much, because that is driven by the demand for raw milk and here the law allows a farmer to sell a small amount of raw milk at the farm gate. But many under-the-table arrangements occur that are of varying levels of legality.
I am hoping to do a bit of shares farming in time. Really wish it had been a thing when I was a kid. Auction prices can vary widely as you know and even with a large trailer, if you live 250 miles from the auction house, getting 100 head or so there is just not realistic a lot of the time.

Would have loved to just have a customer over to talk about how we raise them, pricing and delivery date to the processor and done. Or better still, order for a half comes in via the internet with a date assigned already? Luxury.

Back