• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Protection from violent attacks

I also have much smaller lighter and brighter led flashlights. My dog is very small, and not scary. ☺️
Yeah, there is actually such a thing as tactical flashlights that cause pain and even burns.
Very expensive, but not too much if you compare them to things that go bang. And the ammo is cheap and readily available.

For what possible reason. Do they just expect a person to just stand there and take a beating or fight a violent attacker with their bare hands? Don’t people get tired of an overly restrictive government telling them what they can and can’t do every second?

If I'm close enough to spray someone in the eyes, I'll jam my fingers in them.

We don't have pepper spray here. A flashlight is the best idea I think.
The flashlight can also be utilized as an improvised Kubotan tool, and gripped as a striking aid.

For what possible reason. Do they just expect a person to just stand there and take a beating or fight a violent attacker with their bare hands?
They apparently expect you to just get beated, robbed, raped, and/or killed. Fighting back would not be polite or nice.

For what possible reason. Do they just expect a person to just stand there and take a beating or fight a violent attacker with their bare hands? Don’t people get tired of an overly restrictive government telling them what they can and can’t do every second?
They expect everyone to trust the police to do all that defending for them.
Yes, it's ridiculously impractical. Still, for people living in sheltered wealthy neighbourhoods in cities where it's not completely impossible that a policeman might manage to turn up in a timely fashion (in other words, every single politician), the idea doesn't seem as unworkable as it actually is.

Nevertheless, the practical reality is that we live in a society like this today, and Sarah is looking for practical advice for her to use today. A political debate is irrelevant as it doesn't change the practical reality.

The flashlight that does dual purpose as a kubaton would be my #1 recommendation in your case.

That it is a flashlight is a plausible reason to keep it with you all the time. That you would use a handy flashlight to smash someone in the face should they attack you is also plausible.

There are good powerful laser light flashlights reasonably sized a person can carry. They will temporality blind someone who may be a threat.
There might be legal consequences for using a laser, as it may cause permanent eye damage.

Back