• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Radical theories on weight loss?

I'm not sure if this applies to the guys, but I have recently found out TONS about the hormone (estrogen) connection. I was diagnosed with stage 4 estrogen positive breast cancer. They started an estrogen suppressant immediately while I was still in the hospital. Fifty pounds just FELL off of me...pretty scary actually! Also, my taste buds changed. No more sugar/carb cravings!

I'm not sure if this applies to the guys, but I have recently found out TONS about the hormone (estrogen) connection. I was diagnosed with stage 4 estrogen positive breast cancer. They started an estrogen suppressant immediately while I was still in the hospital. Fifty pounds just FELL off of me...pretty scary actually! Also, my taste buds changed. No more sugar/carb cravings!
It seems your estrogen was too high.

There is a huge connection with hormones and sugar. Any woman with PCOS also has insulin resistance and is 8 times more likely to be diabetic.

From studies I have read so far the general agreement is that carbs and fat in combination are the worst for causing weight gain. Meaning cheesecake is one of the worst foods you can eat. Obviously I'm horrified by this as it's also the yummiest!
This means any diet very low in carbs or fat will be fast and effective. The issue is maintaining either. So like people above said, lowering both and eating less meals with a carb and fat combination will be slower but work longer term.
Cutting any food group out completely isn't good as you miss out on the vitamins.

From studies I have read so far the general agreement is that carbs and fat in combination are the worst for causing weight gain. Meaning cheesecake is one of the worst foods you can eat. Obviously I'm horrified by this as it's also the yummiest!
This means any diet very low in carbs or fat will be fast and effective. The issue is maintaining either. So like people above said, lowering both and eating less meals with a carb and fat combination will be slower but work longer term.
Cutting any food group out completely isn't good as you miss out on the vitamins.

I will plead guilty to having Costco cheesecake once a year. I wish I could make it as good as they do and I can't. The kids love it and the big cheesecake disappears pretty fast!

For the most part I cut out sugar and especially corn syrup from the diet around here. That means soda is a treat that only happens when we're away from the house. I make my own bread to eliminate the sugar that gets loaded into store bought bread. I'm also making my own preserves to keep the sugar under control.

So far we do pretty good. And most of the time I will walk my butt off and I mean that in the literal sense! :p

Back