• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Random Comments

Pushing 50 here. No grandkids either. I shave weekly. Got that touch of gray thing goin' though.

Man! Ya’ll are making me feel young and vibrant! I’m only 39. I have a beard for the purpose of looking older, because if I shave I look about ten years younger. The subcontractors and the guys that work under me treat me with more respect when I have a beard, it’s kinda funny. I can still show interest in a 21 year old and not seem too “creepy” ;)

Last edited:
Man! Ya’ll are making me feel young and vibrant! I’m only 39. I have a beard for the purpose of looking older, because if I shave I look about ten years younger. The subcontractors and the guys that work under me treat me with more respect when I have a beard, it’s kinda funny. I can still show interest in a 21 year old and not seem too “creepy” ;)

I was 18 when I met my husband who was 44. Didn't seem creepy to me!

Anyone over 60, anyone with mostly white or gray hair, and anyone with a beard longer than his forearm . . . oh, and anyone with great-grandchildren, even if they don't qualify on the other counts!

Ok fine, I identify with the description but not the label. And I know you don't either. Geezers are old men who do not live by the power of God. Something young women would do well to consider when their future security is at stake. What's good for Ruth might just be good for any young lady that wants to be genuinely taken care of.

Oh and by the way Keith, your youthfulness I admire.

Our oldest is only 23. He wears a beard most of the time...trimmed so it is close to his face, but with his darker hair color it really stands out. It might make him look a bit older, but it sure doesn't hurt his looks! He might get a bit more respect too looking like a lumberjack on the job.

Our oldest is only 23. He wears a beard most of the time...trimmed so it is close to his face, but with his darker hair color it really stands out. It might make him look a bit older, but it sure doesn't hurt his looks! He might get a bit more respect too looking like a lumberjack on the job.

We all talk about wanting to be Christ-like, well, having a beard gets you at least one step closer...

Ok fine, I identify with the description but not the label. And I know you don't either. Geezers are old men who do not live by the power of God. Something young women would do well to consider when their future security is at stake. What's good for Ruth might just be good for any young lady that wants to be genuinely taken care of.

Oh and by the way Keith, your youthfulness I admire.

Because I fear you are taking the term to heart, I have to inject here, @Cap, that I have been using the term 'geezer' tongue-in-cheek, but I also like @steve's sentiment about just taking ownership of one's geezerhood. I'm actually quite proud of not only being 66 but what being 66 is like in my life.

We all talk about wanting to be Christ-like, well, having a beard gets you at least one step closer...
I know, right? Just like in all those photos of Him!

I’m an honorary geezer, at 45 I have a grand son. Of course he’s older than my youngest son so I’m not a very good geezer.

I beg to differ on that last point: you are an awesome (albeit honorary) geezer, because you're not letting your progeny's prolificness get in the way of continuing to be fruitful and multiply!

Back to random:

I'm being followed by boxer shorts.

Because I fear you are taking the term to heart, I have to inject here, @Cap, that I have been using the term 'geezer' tongue-in-cheek, but I also like @steve's sentiment about just taking ownership of one's geezerhood. I'm actually quite proud of not only being 66 but what being 66 is like in my life.

Joking along with you my friend. I feel comfortable in my position in life as well.

Home Covid Test:

1. Open a can of beer and try to smell it.
2. If you can smell the beer, drink it to see if you can taste it.
3. If you can smell it and taste it, this confirms that you don't have the Covid.

Last night, I did the test 19 times and all were negative. Tonight, I am going to do the test again because this morning I woke up with a headache and I feel like I'm coming down with something.

I am so nervous.

"Not my story but it sounds like good medical advice."

Back