• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Random Comments

She took on household responsibilities very early in her life when she married her first husband, Bill Taylor, in 1940.

“She was 16 when she married him. He was 50. That’s a big difference,” Howell stated.

“He already had 10 children. His wife died having twins at home. He worked on the railroad. He had to get back to work. He needed somebody to take care of the kids.”

MaeDell Hawkins has 106 grandchildren, 222 great-grandchildren, 234 great-great-grandchildren and 37 great-great-great-grandchildren, as of this reporting.

So MaeDell Hawkins, at just age 16, stepped into the role of mother — and went on to have 13 children of her own.

Howell said MaeDell took care of the household without many of the “modern conveniences” people take for granted today, including running water, indoor toilets, electric stoves, washing machines, radiators and window insulation.

“She took care of everybody,” Howell went on. “I’ve never heard my mom say anything about hearing her complain.”

Howell said she believes MaeDell’s dedication and work ethic set a foundation for the rest of the women in her family.

“She would often say, ‘Hard work is what keeps you going,’” Howell recalled.

Interestingly, MaeDell Hawkins’ descendants — Snow, Howell, Ledford and Wilson — all gave birth around the age of 19.

https://www.somerset-kentucky.com/m...cle_d33704a8-becc-11ed-ba66-d3db534c167e.html

“She was 16 when she married him. He was 50. That’s a big difference,” Howell stated.

But not uncommon even then. Especially because Bill Taylor needed help with his family and it was just easier for them to marry than to deal with people talking about them.

So MaeDell Hawkins, at just age 16, stepped into the role of mother — and went on to have 13 children of her own.

Getting married at sixteen is NORMAL. It's the nonsense of getting married at forty that's perverse.

Getting married at sixteen is NORMAL. It's the nonsense of getting married at forty that's perverse.
Well actually, getting married at sixteen has been un-normalised. Having lots of casual intimate relationships at sixteen (or younger) and abortions to deal with the consequences has been normalised. That is Satan's unholy world agenda.

When we lived in northwestern PA, it was a regular occurrence to have photos of 5 generations of females. However . . . the big difference was that, in almost all cases, the youngest two generations of mothers were almost always unmarried.

While back on the farm, I have found that 4-year-old cows that have had two calves of their own still remember if they were raised on milk replacer and try to steal the milk from a calf I am feeding in the paddock. I have to stand guard to let the poor thing get its milk, so the rest of the herd doesn't push it away and take the teat instead.

While back on the farm, I have found that 4-year-old cows that have had two calves of their own still remember if they were raised on milk replacer and try to steal the milk from a calf I am feeding in the paddock. I have to stand guard to let the poor thing get its milk, so the rest of the herd doesn't push it away and take the teat instead.
That is why I find it easier in the long term, since we have only so many pens, to hand raise all our calves. It REALLY stinks when someone has a two year old ewe and the mother still lets it nurse, or a two year old cow that wants to suck. There are far too many easy going cows that don't care who or WHAT steals their milk. My sis in law had a Mini Jersey a few years back that let the lambs she was raising have all they wanted.

Weaning is a cinch too.....when they only know a bottle.

It's the handraised ones that are my problem - they remember how to drink from the feeder I'm hanging on the fence. The ones that were raised on the cow ignore it and are fine.

You're right about cows letting grown calves drink though. I have a couple of heifers who are very pleased mum has milk for a new calf and are going right back to drinking from her, one cow always has a calf on one side and last year's heifer on the other whenever I see her. But I don't mind, as this will only help the heifer to grow fast, so she'll be big when she first calves and less likely to have trouble. I really like the easygoing cows that let anything drink, they'll be easy to mother extra calves onto.

That is why I find it easier in the long term, since we have only so many pens, to hand raise all our calves. It REALLY stinks when someone has a two year old ewe and the mother still lets it nurse, or a two year old cow that wants to suck. There are far too many easy going cows that don't care who or WHAT steals their milk. My sis in law had a Mini Jersey a few years back that let the lambs she was raising have all they wanted.

Weaning is a cinch too.....when they only know a bottle.

This is one of the things I like about bison. Mean as heck but they take care of themselves.

Paul warns us of those who, under guise as “ministers [dispensers] of righteousness” (II Corinthians 11:15), propagate their shameful shams to enslave their followers. They preach and crusade for their legalistic bondage to be imposed on others. They are the self-appointed morality police who judge another’s servant (“domestic,” Romans 14:4, CLV).

The Scriptures speak of six sins that God hates, seven that are an abomination to Him (Proverbs 6:16-19):

(1) a proud look
(2) a lying tongue
(3) hands that shed innocent blood
(4) a heart that devises wicked imaginations
(5) feet that are swift in running to mischief
(6) a false witness who speaks lies
(7) he who sows discord among brothers

While the many “moral sins” with which religionists are obsessed (sexuality, crude language, use of alcohol, etc.) are missing from the list of "sins" that God hates, some of the sins listed are actually very prominent in moralistic, religious circles! Specifically look at the first and the last from the list – “a proud look,” and “sowing discord among brothers.” These are what God hates.

No wonder that, when Christ came, He was much more at home with “publicans and sinners” (Matthew 9:10-11; 11:19; Mark 2:15-16; Luke 5:30; 7:34, 39; 15:1) and “prostitutes” (Luke 7) than with the religious Pharisees!

Clyde L. Pilkington, Jr.
DailyEmailGoodies.com

Back