• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Random Thought on Traditions

Right! with the rising cost of hay hopefully the animals can still eat it.
The percentage of the bale that is contaminated isn’t very large, and that is assuming that it was fodder in the first place.

Last edited:
Coming from a country plagued with poverty, I had difficulty wrapping my brain around why some people put food on their porches and stairs, to just sit there and rot. This Fall/Halloween tradition of purchasing pumpkins to place outside for "looks" was disturbing and still to this day wasteful. Last Fall, I asked a business if I could have the pumpkins in front of their store when they were ready to discard them? They said YES!
and my chickens had a blast thereafter.
We don't put out pumpkins. I just don't see the point in celebrating Halloween, even just for fun. Fall festival I might get, but we don't grow crops, so again, what's the point.

Yesss. Also the hay bale decor.. 😤
People do that here with wrapped baleage. That doesn't spoil the feed. But not as an autumn celebration, we don't have that tradition, just sometimes you'll see a farmer has had a bit of fun. There are currently a lineup of Smurfs made out of bales with different coloured balewrap somewhere on the main highway here, they're very well done.

People do that here with wrapped baleage. That doesn't spoil the feed. But not as an autumn celebration, we don't have that tradition, just sometimes you'll see a farmer has had a bit of fun. There are currently a lineup of Smurfs made out of bales with different coloured balewrap somewhere on the main highway here, they're very well done.
that doesn't spoil the feed is awesome

Back