• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

General Refuting 119 ministries' Unbiblical Anti-Poly Video

GunnarR

Real Person
Male

It has come to some people's attention that 119 ministries has made a video that is fallacious, and misinterprets along with misrepresents the word of YHVH. Historically, they have made doctrinally sound videos regarding tough topics but they have failed miserably over this topic.
Below you will find an article written by several authors refuting this falsehood. Please share this and encourage people to set aside their own dogma and doctrines while being willing to submit to the truths of our King! May His will be done and He be glorified as truth always wins over lies!

https://natsab.com/2020/02/07/refuting-119ministries-polygyny-video/

Last edited:
Looking forward to spending some time with this.

Right out of the gate, they make the false assertion that in Matthew “the Pharisees ask Him a question about marriage” while not completely inaccurate it is misleading and it takes them in the wrong direction. The Pharisees asked Jesus about DIVORCE. So, when Jesus goes back to Genesis it is in reference to God making them one flesh and how a man should not separate from his wife. There is nothing in the text to indicate that Jesus was condemning the act of a man taking a second wife.

Last edited:
The modern day attacks on biblical marriage always seem to come from the desire for the praise of men, or in this case the praise of women. Their stated reason for this particular teaching is that feminists claim “...that the human authors of the Bible regard women as mere property and of lesser value then men. One of the reasons given in support of this claim is the Bible’s alleged endorsement of polygamy”. So their response is to agree with the feminists’ false assertion that polygamy is against women and then try to explain it away instead of agreeing with God and explaining the reasons that polygyny is righteous and godly.

One hour videos, I have to play at 2X speed to get through them sometimes.

One hour videos, I have to play at 2X speed to get through them sometimes.
Oh, we already did the heavy lifting. Our refutation is their transcript with injected truth/comments.

Just go to their facebook page for plenty of 'action.'

Reading through it, the Septuagint actually adds the word "two", not "one".

I did a quick search on Tosato, and it turns out this guy is Roman Catholic. Then I checked the book where Hugenberger is cited, and he references both Davidson and Tosato, who have been thoroughly refuted by Dr. William Luck in his video on Lev 18:18.

Oh, we already did the heavy lifting. Our refutation is their transcript with injected truth/comments.

Just go to their facebook page for plenty of 'action.'
Just got through skimming through it. When I have time, I will see if I can inject even more truth/comments.

Thank you, @FollowingHim. Several of us, @Pacman being another, worked on it starting last week with hopes of warning 119 before they released that video publicly. We sent our response and about 12 hours later they went public. It's possible they have not even read our email yet, but we tried.

Glad we were prepared, but praise goes to Yah... He was the wind in our sails this week because I had significant other reading, research and writing to do.'

Thanks @Daniel DeLuca for pushing the ball forward on their threads... they need to be confronted at every turn. They set the table and thousands of truth seekers will see these debates.

119 has provided a HUGE unique opportunity to change thousands of minds, but we must engage. Yah does the heart, but we can speak truth in love.

We are 18 min into the video, at this rate my head is going to be completely bald and maybe even no skin, from rubbing and scratching my head so much. We still have 45 min to go, all I can say so far is.... WOW they really screwed up on this one. They are twisting the Holy Scriptures like a child twist and plays with silly putty.

@Edward please read our response... then share.

We are 18 min into the video, at this rate my head is going to be completely bald and maybe even no skin, from rubbing and scratching my head so much. We still have 45 min to go, all I can say so far is.... WOW they really screwed up on this one.
Well I found it works well to speed it up to about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 times as fast, of course even at that speed it was still painful to watch! Just a thought that might help someone not suffer for so long.

Well I found it works well to speed it up to about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 times as fast, of course even at that speed it was still painful to watch! Just a thought that might help someone not suffer for so long.

Yes it was quite painful. Now I am going through @PeteR reply.

The modern day attacks on biblical marriage always seem to come from the desire for the praise of men, or in this case the praise of women. Their stated reason for this particular teaching is that feminists claim “...that the human authors of the Bible regard women as mere property and of lesser value then men. One of the reasons given in support of this claim is the Bible’s alleged endorsement of polygamy”. So their response is to agree with the feminists’ false assertion that polygamy is against women and then try to explain it away instead of agreeing with God and explaining the reasons that polygyny is righteous and godly.

Why do Christians keep trying to win the approval of feminists? It doesn't matter what you say, how much you try to sooth them, they will still hate you. [you being 119 and Christians, not Asforme&myhouse]. All that results from this kind of thing is destroyed marriages, destroyed theology, destroyed truth. There is no sating the envy of feminists.

Back