• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

General Refuting 119 ministries' Unbiblical Anti-Poly Video

@FollowingHim I have gone back and reread your post s couple times. That REALLY needs slight expansion into a paper for this forum and that I can put on several blogs. It is a great 'reframe' that needs exposure.

Over on YouTube, I've tried to cut to the heart of the matter and directly address God's love of women, rather than getting bogged down in technicalities. I personally think this would be a good post for viewers to see early on, as it is aimed at changing the heart attitude. Most of the other responses have been more technical, and these are good. But most viewers are not yet ready to engage on that level, and need to have a better view of the overall picture first.

If you agree, I would appreciate it if you would like and/or reply to this post. Enough interaction with it should make it float to the top so it is more likely to become people's first impression. Then those who wish to dig deeper will scroll on and see all the technical scriptural discussion.
Thankyou for your help everyone. That post is now top of the list when I browse to it without being logged in, thanks to all the likes & comments. It is also encouraging that the first 7 posts are all pro-polygamy, and the vast majority overall are too. This is giving a very clear message to both viewers and ministry staff. The staff won't listen, but viewers may.

I've added a pointer to this website in a comment on that post, so hopefully that will be useful to someone.

Thankyou for your help everyone. That post is now top of the list when I browse to it without being logged in, thanks to all the likes & comments. It is also encouraging that the first 7 posts are all pro-polygamy, and the vast majority overall are too. This is giving a very clear message to both viewers and ministry staff. The staff won't listen, but viewers may.

I've added a pointer to this website in a comment on that post, so hopefully that will be useful to someone.
They will remove anything that has hyperlinks, per stated policy. I added a comment with a link to a PolygamyHQ video, that was removed, so I created a new comment telling viewers to "Google it".

They will remove anything that has hyperlinks, per stated policy. I added a comment with a link to a PolygamyHQ video, that was removed, so I created a new comment telling viewers to "Google it".
@FollowingHim put "DOT COM" Which is usually good.

Yes, it's been up a couple of days now and hasn't been deleted. In fact, forcing people to type in the address and navigate to a page following written instructions actually means that only the interested will come, and they're already in the habit of navigating around the website by the time they get to the appropriate page, so they're more likely to keep poking around and see more than if they just clicked a link. So it could be better in a roundabout way.

We do risk inviting those who would try to destroy us, but that may be the next level.

We do risk inviting those who would try to destroy us, but that may be the next level.

I think it is the next level. The wrong doctrines need to be countered by people of faith.
I doubt many would care enough to put out effort to try and destroy. They lack truth, and that impacts their conviction level big time!
Kinda like the verse from our National Anthem that sings about how "No refuge could save the hireling and slave from the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave"

We have a superior weapon...TRUTH! :)

"Quit ye like men. Be strong." (King James)

"Fear not" appears enough times in the scripture to give us a different verse every day of the year telling us the same thing.

There is a prophesied famine happening now....not of bread, but of hearing the word of YHWH.

We know the truth of how our God sees marriage. Let's proclaim it to anyone willing to hear! The world needs truth, and all creation is waiting for the sons of Yah to be revealed. Real patriarchs inspire others. If Yah be for us, who can be against us? No weapon formed against you will prosper. So many encouraging things in His word. Encouraging things in our home too. This is on the wall.

Living faith.

Doubt sees the obstacles, faith sees the way.
Doubt sees the darkest night, faith sees the day.
Doubt fears to take one step, faith soars on high.
Doubt questions "Who believes?" Faith answers "I."

I pray Yah protects the good plural families.....but I know He already does too. ;)

I think it is the next level. The wrong doctrines need to be countered by people of faith.
I doubt many would care enough to put out effort to try and destroy. They lack truth, and that impacts their conviction level big time!
Kinda like the verse from our National Anthem that sings about how "No refuge could save the hireling and slave from the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave"

We have a superior weapon...TRUTH! :)

"Quit ye like men. Be strong." (King James)

"Fear not" appears enough times in the scripture to give us a different verse every day of the year telling us the same thing.

There is a prophesied famine happening now....not of bread, but of hearing the word of YHWH.

We know the truth of how our God sees marriage. Let's proclaim it to anyone willing to hear! The world needs truth, and all creation is waiting for the sons of Yah to be revealed. Real patriarchs inspire others. If Yah be for us, who can be against us? No weapon formed against you will prosper. So many encouraging things in His word. Encouraging things in our home too. This is on the wall.

Living faith.

Doubt sees the obstacles, faith sees the way.
Doubt sees the darkest night, faith sees the day.
Doubt fears to take one step, faith soars on high.
Doubt questions "Who believes?" Faith answers "I."

I pray Yah protects the good plural families.....but I know He already does too. ;)
I am in full agreement with you that we cannot hide, but I was unaware that this line was in our National Anthem until I looked it up. Yikes!

https://www.pri.org/stories/2016-08-30/historians-disagree-whether-star-spangled-banner-racist

The discussion has been excellent. 119 gave us such a wonderful platform to contend for truth! May our Father use it to His glory, opening eyes and spreading truth!

@Joleneakamama I do believe He blesses and protects obedience and truth. I've personally seen it over this issue where other ministries tried to destroy me and instead our fellowship has grown. May similar happen here at BF.

You're right. I cannot understand YouTube's logic, their placement algorithm makes no sense, the top comment has only 2 likes and one reply. It's a black box deliberately. Still, the general vibe of the comments section is pro-polygamy!
Yeah... I just love poking the dragon... time to go nitey nite before I get snarky with the sheeple... lol!

Winter retreat tomorrow and I'm taking a new family from our fellowship!

Well some of them are quite persistent and predictable when it comes to emotional responses.
Mom has been going back and forth with a couple of them.

I don't think the majority of the people we are interacting with will be changing their minds anytime soon (if ever), but they sure do a good job of showing the contrast between the two sides, and which one is standing on the side of sound doctrine.

I think it's helpful to remember that sometimes when people are quite snarky or very firm in their responses, it's because there's a background there. Perhaps a woman's husband was cheating on her, and it caused the breakdown of their marriage for example. Finding out that actually what he did that hurt her so incredibly deeply wasn't a sin, wasn't wrong, and that she should've welcomed some trollop into her home and lived happily ever after can be an impossible thing for some to get their head around.
I'm not saying that's the case for anyone, but like I said, there's often a background story, everyone has drama and hurt in their lives somewhere along the way.

I am in full agreement with you that we cannot hide, but I was unaware that this line was in our National Anthem until I looked it up. Yikes!

https://www.pri.org/stories/2016-08-30/historians-disagree-whether-star-spangled-banner-racist
I think it would be hard to prove the verse is referencing African Americans. But even if it was is it really racist? A slave that believed the tyrant using them to wage war on his other subjects would treat them right or give them true freedom would be deluding himself. A bigger cage is not freedom. I doubt the colonists felt any better toward any other enemy of any other color. It was WAR! It could have just been talking about how the truly free men in the colonies viewed those under King George. Hireling was in reference to the mercenaries George paid to come against the colonists because he probably lacked sufficient support from the English who were reluctant to wage war on their own. The man fighting for money wants to live to spend it. The man fighting for liberty and the ability to control his substance (king George wanted all goods sent back to, and only traded with, England) and the opportunity to give his children an inheritance of substance and freedom he has SAND. He is fighting for something precious.

"Now The Lord is that spirit and where the spirit of The Lord is there is liberty" 2 Cor. 3:17

Hirelings can't match people that see true freedom in reach.

Oh, and for the record I don't believe in judging books by covers, or people by color.

Trying to understand the youtube comment ranking algorithm. It's way over-complex. Here's the best explanation I could find. Google's never published it but these people did a lot of maths to figure it out - a few years ago, so it could be outdated and they mightn't have found every detail.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions...tube-comment-system-sorting-ranking-algorithm

Basically, it depends on four things:
1) Time it was posted,
2) Like/dislike ratio of a comment,
3) Number of replies,
4) And, believe it or not, WHO posted it (ie the overall like/dislike ratio that person has received over the whole of youtube).

You can dislike comments, but nobody can see the number of dislikes. However, the dislikes very strongly affect the ranking order.

So my particular comment is sliding down the ranking gradually because it was posted some time ago (1), but also probably because when I posted it I'd never posted before so had a decent like/dislike ratio, and since then I expect many naysayers have disliked both that comment (2), and other subcomments of mine (4), so it's sliding down based on all four factors except 3.

So, if we think it's worthwhile trying to maintain good first impressions for anybody looking at the top few posts in that comment section (the only ones that most viewers will read):
- Like the posts that should float up (2). But also,
- Like other subcomments by the people who authored the posts that should float up (3)
- Dislike posts that should float down (2)
- Dislike other subcomments by people who authored posts that should float down (3)
- Post comments on posts that should float up (3), and
- Feel free to make new posts that would be a good first impression for people (1).

This is so ridiculous... But it's interesting from a mathematical perspective.

And... over time, we may be overwhelmed by negative comments. This is a long game, but for the moment, 119 and YouTube have provided us with an amazing platform!

The Father can/will use our efforts thus far. Quite an exciting week for pushing the ball forward. Guessing we interacted with as many this week in YT as we do in a year on BF...

119 may not change their position, but they have been presented with a sound refutation and will be held accountable. My Bible says you can't curse Abraham and his progeny and get away with it.

Back