• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Rent a wife in Thailand.

Can we make our own symbols?
We can do whatever we want, the question is whether or not we can get it to become popular in our rather finite community.
We could use Bambi, but people will just assume that it is an early holiday decoration.

If she is living in your house and being paid as housekeeper and comfort provider, chances are that she is hoping for a forever relationship. All that we are doing is assuming.

Is it a live in situation? If that was stated then I missed it. It certainly seems realistic if one is going the full on wife thing albeit temporary
This happened a lot in WWII and in Vietnam, but only a few servicemen accepted responsibility for their wives and children when it was time to leave.
Super aware unfortunately

I have told this story before and I don't feel bad about telling it as all the parties have passed on now and my grandmother who told much of it was very matter of fact about it and seem to know it was common knowledge in the family...but apparently my grandfather was one of them.
Not just during ww2 but also traveling the world as a large scale construction contractor in civilian life. Panama canal, large infrastructure projects in Japan, the Alaska pipeline and several others.
Seems like he set up a household in every location and had kids that he continued to send money to after he left.

Some might just think interesting story and maybe the force of the plyg runs strong in that family. To me I was and am still freaked out by the idea that I have a number of relatives I eill never know and that he was not there to be a father to any of those children.
Would like the opportunity to nip back in time and insert a large boot in his old ass.

The aplomb with which my grandmother appeared to handle it says to me that he could have likely brought them back and built a big family...but it apparently never occurred to him

In all cases, she provides companionship, intimacy, cook, cleans, helps with language and Thai culture.
Is it a live in situation? If that was stated then I missed it. It certainly seems realistic if one is going the full on wife thing albeit temporary
It seemed that was what was being described.

We should weave a large bead into our beards for each wife we have and smaller beads for each child by that wife. Henceforth, known as The Weavers.
Hmmm, there would be the Dream Weavers.
😂

We should weave a large bead into our beards for each wife we have and smaller beads for each child by that wife. Henceforth, known as The Weavers.
Hmmm....

Suppose I could go back to full on zztop vibe. Not done that in forever.
Need me a future bead owner who is good at or a good candidate to learn beard maintenance. Turn me out into public all pretty

Ducks have already been appropriated by the Jeep community, so that’s out.
I got my first duck recently!
How can any serious jeep geek not shower a 45 GPW with ducks?

Last edited:
We can do whatever we want, the question is whether or not we can get it to become popular in our rather finite community.
We could use Bambi, but people will just assume that it is an early holiday decoration.
Could use unicorn but that is too on the nose, sounds like it is more associated with rainbows and who wants a wife with a unicorn attitude?

There is always a triskel and variations on that theme with more than the three spirals

You gotta admit, the sweetness and innocence of Bambi so appropriately describes our culture.

😂

You all keep talking about this, and every time any of you comment a note pops up in my new posts feed: the instruction "Rent a wife in Thailand" from @frederick. Problem being, I actually respect @frederick's advice. If I keep hearing this from him, I might end up actually obeying him. :)

You all keep talking about this, and every time any of you comment a note pops up in my new posts feed: the instruction "Rent a wife in Thailand" from @frederick. Problem being, I actually respect @frederick's advice. If I keep hearing this from him, I might end up actually obeying him. :)
Do you think that you could write it off as a farm expense?
Registered Long-Haired Thailand doe?

My vote is on a lion with a couple lionesses.

Make sure she can do a good panang curry.

My vote is on a lion with a couple lionesses.
But where do you buy that?
Lawn flamingos are easy and pineapples positioned in a funny way are $1-2 at any grocery store.

We need a common innocuous but ideally cheerful item we can casually source and use as the Plyg-Signal
I am mildly miffed that those weasels took the flamingos. I unironically like them in the yard as a bit of kitch. Happily mine got pulled up by my son a couple of years ago and reside in his toy box now.

I would say garden gnomes but while kitchy...I don't think many of us want to be thought of as short and dumpy by association...mainly cause those guys do not land the Bettys generally

Okay keep it simple. An oversized ring toss with a ring on the post for each wife. Nice lawn ornament; painting the post to your heart's desire.

My vote is on a lion with several lionesses.
Fixed it for you.
We would have our own pride flag?

(family of lions is called a pride, for those of you in Rio Linda)

Back