• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Scriptures on third temple. Do they actually exist?

Mrs.HisPossession

Female
Hello everyone. My husband and I are studying the doctrine of the 3rd temple coming before Yeshua's return. Many say it will be rebuilt. However, the only other temple we know of is the one coming down 'the New Jerusalem' with Yeshua. We are new to studying this topic, any insight is helpful.

Are there scriptures stating a 3rd temple will be rebuilt before Yeshua returns or it that a faulty teaching?

I’d say Ezekiel 45 and Dan 8:13-16. Joel 2:17 Daniel 11:31. Matthew 24:15

Ezekiel 8 & 9 is also very significant as the source of both Revelation 7 (the angel with the inkwell) and 1 Peter 4:17.

My opinion it's likely to be a tabernacle not a brick and mortar temple... Also I think there will be a false temple involved at some point.

I’d say Ezekiel 45 and Dan 8:13-16. Joel 2:17 Daniel 11:31. Matthew 24:15

Ezekiel 8 & 9 is also very significant as the source of both Revelation 7 (the angel with the inkwell) and 1 Peter 4:17.
Thank you. We will look at these scriptures.

Also I think there will be a false temple involved at some point.
That needs underlining.

Prophecy can be interpreted in multiple ways. If we focus too much on details, it is easy to be misled. If a false temple is built, those who build it will be very careful to study all prophecy that could conceivably be about a third temple, and make sure their false temple appears to fulfil those prophecies.

We are waiting for the return of our Messiah, not the building of a physical temple. Whether or not one is built before then is simply detail. Don't get so caught up in this that you're at risk of falling for a fake one.

The reason we are seeking answers is because of end time prophecy. Some say the
abomination of desolation took place during the destruction of Jerusalem. Up until recently, we thought the attempt to rebuild a third temple was a sign of the abomination of desolation and the antichrist setting himself up as a god to be worshiped, which meant it was time to flee the cities. However, we were taught that by the Hebrew Roots congregation we attended and didn't really research on our own. Now, we are home based Hebrews and relearning a few things.

John 4:21-24
Acts 7:48-50

The reason we are seeking answers is because of end time prophecy. Some say the
abomination of desolation took place during the destruction of Jerusalem.
I wonder what they define as the abomination of desolation? Daniel records that something will be set up in the sanctuary. Titus was not even able to enter the holy of holies or the holy place.

http://eyewitnesstohistory.com/pfjewishtemple.htm

If there is a Third Temple, and it seems very likely from a practical standpoint, it will be a a capital V, capital B, capital T; Very Bad Thing. It could potentially set up a scenario where the foolish could claim to be getting forgiveness, and hence salvation, through sacrifices and not through Jesus. If there is a worse Abomination of Desolations I am unaware of it. When the new “temple” is built then I believe the time will be very near. Which means it could still be hundreds of years off but that’s still very near in God’s economy.

Thanks all for input and scriptures. Going to look into this more on Sabbath.

Something else to consider. Often, one reason I’ve seen cited as a reason to disregard a third temple is the Imminent Return of Christ rather than an Appointed Return of Christ. The basis of support for the Imminent Return of Christ (that he could return at any moment) is based on ignorance of a couple of key phrases that are idioms for Feast Days. If Christ could come back at any moment, but a Third Temple is a prerequisite, that kinda kills their credibility and eschatology. Much like a restored physical land of Israel (correctly or incorrectly identified) did back in ‘48.

It constantly amazes me the never ending mantra of, “there’s nothing left to be fulfilled before Christs return” followed shortly thereafter with yet another fulfillment of prophecy that in hindsight had to be fulfilled, followed by, “Now, there’s nothing left to be fulfilled before Christ’s return . . . . .”

The third temple is a big one. (Or at a bare minimum the dedication of it, though Ezekiel 7-9 states its existence) I cant wait to watch the looks on these guys faces when they have to explain how they didn’t know it had to happen before the return.
There’s also an apostacy before the revealing of the man of sin 2Thess 2:3 which happens in the sanctuary Dan 11:31/Matt 24:15. As I understand it, its kinda hard to have the revealing without the Temple and at least the daily sacrifice of dedication. His revealing will be when he stops the daily sacrifice. Daniel 11:31, 8:9-14, 12:11

IMO, the Imminent Return is one of the biggest manipulation weapons in modern Christianity to coerce people to sign up for fire insurance, or to “encourage” the saints to righteousness. It has virtually no scriptural support (aside from two misunderstood phrases: at the last trump, and no man knows the day or hour) and the opposing perspective of the Appointed Return has scriptural support everywhere, you just have to follow it thru the Hebrew word mo’ed (Gen. 1:14) and

Imminent Return is one of the biggest manipulation weapons in modern Christianity

I always had the impression, from scripture and history, that the 1st century church and Apostles were expecting an imminent return. And the same for Christians of every century since then.

I always had the impression, from scripture and history, that the 1st century church and Apostles were expecting an imminent return. And the same for Christians of every century since then.
Paul fits that bill for sure. Though he does have caveats to that 2Thess 2:3. John does not support that necessarily. Others throughout history have certainly thought that the return was imminent for the same reasons, but not everyone. Most who have usually will quote Paul. Usually from a perspective having virtually no understanding of Feast Days or their prophetic implications about the advents of Christ.

A prime example is Sir Isaac Newton. He placed it sometime within our near future.

Ancient docs, like the Dead Sea Scrolls “The Coming of Melchizedek” places his return in conjunction with a series of Jubilees, which aligns with Isaiah 61 and its (partial) fulfillment by Christ. This doc also associates his return with the Day of Atonement and when the Trump sounds long, both of which point precisely at a Day of Atonement in a Jubilee Year only.

The Apocryphon of Jeremiah is another DSS that associates the timing with a week of years within a specific Jubilee.

Another is Rabbi Judah Ben Samuel. Who placed it after a series of 10 Jubilee periods. Some have discounted this prophecy because the man who attributed it to JBS, later could not recall where he’d found this prophecy. And yet the prophecy has uncannily proven remarkably accurate to date.

Most don’t realize it, but Daniel’s 70 week prophecy is also a 10 Jubilee prophecy. However, because of the timing of events, Daniel had to utilize weeks instead of Jubilees to avoid an inaccurate prophecy, and by doing so, he foretold events around the life of Christ with a degree of accuracy that is mind boggling. Its still a 10 Jubilee prophecy, and still utilizes specific Jubilees as benchmarks, but is more accurately understood thru its breakdown into weeks.

I have never had a problem with imminent return. Also recognizing the return to the land and a rebuilding of a temple which could occur before or after the rapture yet many things must occur before the second comming i.e. the battle of armageddon. Nothing specifies how much time between the rapture and the second commimg although some things must happen after the rapture.

Back